BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
rooster59

Myanmar backs 'strategic partner' Huawei despite US ban

Myanmar won’t save them-small market 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Good for Myanmar !!

If you are so supportive, perhaps you can buy stock in Huawei and replace whatever you own with their products.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Burma is married to China. They are investing so much money in Burma, that they cannot say no to anything at this point. Same with Cambodia. Married to the mob. 

don't forget thailand... question is can vietnam and ph hold out?  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Burma is married to China. They are investing so much money in Burma, that they cannot say no to anything at this point. Same with Cambodia. Married to the mob. 

And the process will repeat country after country.

Myanmar would reconsider if the USA was on their border. That old belt and road is gonna eventually choke Burma badly.

10 hours ago, alant said:

Trump may well have sunk the US mobile tech industry with this one.

Yes for a short while the telecom giant Huawei is denied product, until that is they go elsewhere.

Looking into the crystal ball I see a new operating system on the horizon. Followed by Chinese manufacture of component hardware.

Once these become available I see the prospect of component prices falling and all Chinese phone producers and more converting to them.

I agree with you. I do understand Trumps concern about a possible back door, but this was going too far and not going to turn out well. Huawei is big enough to develop their own operating system. Huawei has a good market share in asia, if they can lower pricing they will gain more market share.  Huawei as options to starting new operations for sub components in other countries. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 7:22 PM, rooster59 said:

Soe Naing, deputy director general of the Posts and Telecommunications Department, said Myanmar considers the Chinese technology giant a “strategic partner”.

Give it a few more years they will change from a strategic partnership to "being your masters !!!!

Good luck selling your souls to the devil!