Biometrics started at airport - long queues

I came through on 6th June and the lines were down to the end of the wide walkway leading to the Immigration booths, even the priority line took me 45 minutes, kids are treated just the same then when you go get your baggage they will all be double stacked with no one collecting as they all at Immi still and more planes arriving all the time, absolute shambles my plane was even sent to an occupied jetway, how could they not know it was occupied?

And I take it its going to be the same going out as well from now on?

Surprisingly at DMK, no problems at all this week. Going out I had only one person in front of me. Returning there were bio-metric staff standing beside each immigration desk to assist. I must look old and frail now because the girl took my hand to scan my fingerprints. Malaysia and Singapore only require thumbprints, not sure why Thailand require all fingers as well.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:57 PM, scotinsiam said:

At Swampy now - there were only 4 immigration officers on the booths at departure - that combined with a lot of confused passengers it took 30 minutes to check out of Colditz.

Are they scanning at departure as well as at arrival?

29 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

No. The standard check-out applies.

Departures was very busy around 9 AM last Saturday but it was only maybe about 20 minutes in the queue.

First arrived around 2 PM a week past Sunday and it was very slow, maybe 20 minutes queuing. The Chinese lady ahead of me took about 12 minutes to get it right. Took me (and most other people) about 2 minutes.

Re-entered again around 9 PM last Saturday, much less crowded and everyone through in less than 15 minutes in the conga line.

39 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

My fingerprints were taken on departing Thailand. It was at a quiet time, so whilst it took longer, I didn't have to wait that long.

2 minutes ago, JamJar said:

My fingerprints were taken on departing Thailand. It was at a quiet time, so whilst it took longer, I didn't have to wait that long.

You must have looked well dodgy JJ... nobody was being dabbed outbound last Saturday morning.

But as you say, your departure was less busy than mine so maybe they turn in off when things get really glacial? Holding up aircraft departures has way more blow back than delaying a whole herd of inbounders getting to their hotels.

Surprisingly at DMK, no problems at all this week. Going out I had only one person in front of me. Returning there were bio-metric staff standing beside each immigration desk to assist. I must look old and frail now because the girl took my hand to scan my fingerprints. Malaysia and Singapore only require thumbprints, not sure why Thailand require all fingers as well.

Because more ways to "cock" things up, as Thai Immigration is clearly a world leader in cocking up almost everything they turn there mind too!

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Think I might put this in the Immigration suggestion box (a worthy read that must be).... I would rather go with a GPS ankle bracelet or implanted chip, at least I would then not have to endure the purgatory of CW Immigration or TM30 or 90 day reports, as they would always know where I am - (a bit like Lady Roadrunner, I swear the female of the species have Radar, or Thai Jungle Telegraph). They are going to have a hard time using the Biometric Scan on me as Roadrunners don't have fingers.

How much more of these ridiculous regulations before we all up and leave?

How much more will the IO's put up with doing 12 hour days?

Who will crack first, the IO's or the Farangs?

15 minutes ago, Daryle said:

Because more ways to "cock" things up, as Thai Immigration is clearly a world leader in cocking almost everything they turn there mind too!

Except opening brown envelopes, they seem to be expert at that. The Thais are incapable of doing anything the correct straight way, but are genius at corruption. World class indeed.

I returned on Tuesday night. Problem what problem? They just ask you to put your fingers on the pad simple. All done whilst the IO does his/her sorting out your passport and other bit's. Didn't take any longer than normal.

Don't see why your all having problems with doing such a simple thing. 

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen said:

I wonder how the passengers transferring to Chiang Mai,Chiang Rai,Ubon,Samui,etc, are affected by this?

They are not.  I have been through several times - immigration takes no longer than normal at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived