Current TM30 at CW for extensions based on retirement.

I realize this has many threads etc. Fact is many many expats do various extensions at cw every day. Seems that tm30 is now required for extensions based on retirement. Can anyone suggest a way around this? My plan is to do tm30, via post,  just prior to last reentry to los prior to extension. Plan B is pay perhaps 800baht when turn up for application to extend permission of stay. 

I know many people have never done tm30 that live bkk. Also many have never done 90 day report. 

Any suggestions. Please not say obey rules. I exit los a LOT also travel more within Thailand. 

I think you're overthinking this - I do the same.

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My plan is to do tm30, via post,  just prior to last reentry to los prior to extension.

This doesn't really make any sense. I mean the timing, not the method. Just file a TM30 in the period between your most recent return and your ext stay application.

Personally, I plan to file a TM30 (online probably, maybe in person) after my most recent return occurring prior to my ext stay/ret application. I feel no need to report before then, and there is no TM30 on file for me.

I know some folks who did ext stay/ret this week at Div. 1/CW. One was registered (online by condo manager), the other had to pass the TM30 desk, other than some extra time no problem, no fine, 15 min for him (first in queue at B counter) he had lease, blue book, Thai landlords ID all signed. Got a receipt, bottom-most part of paper TM30.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Note that in principle you are supposed to update your tm30 after each trip abroad (the law says every time you leave and return to  your residence also domestically, but e.g. in Chiang Mai they only want it after international trips). In reality, no one really checks until you have some business to do with immigration (extensions of course, or other interactions). Therefore, if you travel very often, in a sense it's up to you whether to update each and every time you return or just a few times.

But I read elsewhere on this forum that once registered with a TM 30 then at BKK(CW) there is no need to do any further TM 30 reports even with international trips unless there is an address change?

After 14 years here I've never done a TM30.  I plan to file one by mail in the next few weeks (my Extension doesn't come up until November). Reports on the Facebook Visa Group suggest they will accept this, however, this remains to be seen.  

• Like 1

I am married to a Thai, been here now 3 years plus just done my 4th extension. We both go to CW for that, they know bloody well I live here with her, it is the basis for the annual extensions, now number 4 as I say.  I religiously complete and post the 90 day report 15 days before it expires. We have lived in this house which I bought (I know i know, I cannot own a house - it's in my wife's name ok?) As far as I know we have NEVER done a TM30, or rather my wife hasn't, if we had I would have had a copy on my PC and although I have a TM30 document it is blank 

So - what to do?

My gut feeling is to complete a form with the correct date of moving into this house, make a bad photo-copy to put in our file and bin the original and plead ignorance if they ever ask.  "Well, not our problem, we already sent it to you".  I know it is not my responsibility, it is my wife's, but that still makes it mine to protect her. We were both ignorant of the requirement until today reading a flurry of TM30 posts on here.

If discretion is required please reply by PM. Thanks.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  Reports from CW suggest a TM30 just needs to be on file and a new one only needs to be complete if you move address.

Yes that WAS the case. I previously have not done a tm30 for 7 annual extensions based on retirement. More recently some threads pointing out that checking of tm30 for all at CW is now being done. 

14 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

My gut feeling is to complete a form with the correct date of moving into this house, make a bad photo-copy to put in our file and bin the original and plead ignorance if they ever ask.  "Well, not our problem, we already sent it to you".  I know it is not my responsibility, it is my wife's, but that still makes it mine to protect her. We were both ignorant of the requirement until today reading a flurry of TM30 posts on here.

Bad idea.

One they would have it on file if you had ever submitted a TM30.

Two, your proof of filing is a signed, stamped, tear of receipt from the bottom of form stapled in your passport. Do you plan to forge an IO's signature and stamp.

CW have only just started enforcing filing TM30's.

If they didn't request one at your recent extension I wouldn't worry to much.

If you are concerned, make your next 90 day in person and file a TM30 at the same time.

Reports suggest mailed and online TM30 reporting have largely not been acknowledged by CW, probably because they're now inundated with TM30 forms.

3 hours ago, cliveshep said:

complete a form with the correct date of moving into this house, make a bad photo-copy to put in our file and bin the original and plead ignorance

Forge a document? 

Discussion about illegal activities? 

I guess it's time to go ????

• Confused 2

The TM30 is new to me, I never heard of it, just do the 90-day report for 18 years.

I do not understand what my responsibility is - I thought it was the landlords form to fill, not mine.

I am moving apartment next month, so what is it that they want me to do?

5 minutes ago, revup said:

The TM30 is new to me, I never heard of it, just do the 90-day report for 18 years.

I do not understand what my responsibility is - I thought it was the landlords form to fill, not mine.

TM28....change of address also TM30.

4 hours ago, cliveshep said:

I am married to a Thai, been here now 3 years plus just done my 4th extension. We both go to CW for that, they know bloody well I live here with her, it is the basis for the annual extensions, now number 4 as I say.  I religiously complete and post the 90 day report 15 days before it expires. We have lived in this house which I bought (I know i know, I cannot own a house - it's in my wife's name ok?) As far as I know we have NEVER done a TM30, or rather my wife hasn't, if we had I would have had a copy on my PC and although I have a TM30 document it is blank 

So - what to do?

If discretion is required please reply by PM. Thanks.

Many people are in exactly the same situation.  I intend to mail in my (first) TM30 in a few weeks. I was going to do it with my 90-day report (which I always do by mail), but I think it will be better to do them separately.

It seems to me that even if you have a properly registered tm30, immigration at CW will still insist on a receipt issued by themelves for your extension based on retirement or other reason. So a visit to desk B and long wait in the queue seems unavoidable. Whether they fine you or not for some unavoidable and unknowable rule violation is another matter.

Edited by morphy9999
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My plan is to do tm30, via post,  just prior to last reentry to los prior to extension.

should you wait until the day after your reentry to file by post, so that you can include a photocopy of the latest departure card?

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

should you wait until the day after your reentry to file by post, so that you can include a photocopy of the latest departure card?

Yes thanks. It was a typo and realized too late to edit.

I have many trips to Saigon. The one before extension I will do a tm30 via post AFTER entering los. I think others with my travel pattern will opt for same. 

I would seriously need to do TM30 every week up to follow rules by the book. Its just a rubbish requirement. Right now pattaya, tomorrow koh samed. Then bkk (home) and two days later Saigon. So how many tm30 do they want. TM30 just plain stupid and 90 day report not far behind. Mind you have never done a report. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Switch to 1 year non o visa

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

What is a "1 year non o visa". I'm familiar with non o based on various reasons such as retirement etc.

They give entry to Thailand with 90 day permission of stay. Please explain.

Also how does that change TM30 requirements.

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, revup said:

Totally baffled by it myself, never seen a TM30 in two decades here. Never even met my landlady as she let's my condo juristic office deal with contract renewal and maintenance issues.

I don't need to do an extension anytime soon, but I'm due to mail in a 90 day report in a few weeks to CW. Anyone know if the lack of a TM30 on file will prevent the mailed 90 day report being acknowledged and accepted?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I personally got this visa because I am married to a THAI citizen. No need for TM 30. since more than 25 years I never have to file one.

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

Did you read topic heading before posting. BTW, I hadn't done a TM30 at CW for my brief 7 years here.

What is being married to a Thai have to do with thread.

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  Reports from CW suggest a TM30 just needs to be on file and a new one only needs to be complete if you move address.

Incorrect. There will be a different TM7 number if you have been abroad. The old one in the system needs to be changed, which is why you have to report again, even if your address is the same as the one in the system.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I switched from retirement to marriage long time ago. Tm30 is Independent from kind of extension/visa or isn’t.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

If your on a Non Imm O ME Visa, a TM30 needs filing every time you do a border run and re-enter.

The law applies to foreigners entering Thailand, regardless of holding a Visa or Extension.

Incorrect. There will be a different TM7 number if you have been abroad. The old one in the system needs to be changed, which is why you have to report again, even if your address is the same as the one in the system.
I'm just reporting what our teachers have been told by Immigration at Chaengwattana. They were clearly told that the TM30 didn't have to be done again unless they moved to a new address. Maybe Work Extensions are treated differently by Chaengwattana.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

If you file by post it won't be within 24 hours of arriving at your residence, which is the timeframe according to law.

The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

My IO won't accept ailed in TM30's for that reason, in person or online only, which is why I registered to file online.