BANGKOK 21 June 2019 05:15

It feels like doom and gloom when in thailand and thinking bout home.

But niw i simply cannot afford to splurge thailand i have

made my life in the western world livable, I live in china town and frequent  Thai restaurants and convenence stores, Goto language exchanges and  get thai massages regularly.

I am working a very easy job with the shire and every week i can have 700$ to spend after rent/Fuel is payed.

With globalisation here to stay its much more productive,safer,easier to stay at home in the western world, You drink less, gave better access to medical and have access to high salarys .

I choose the western world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

Nothing like some gigantic generalizations to solidify your position I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you any thoughts on the thread to share...or you just do the safe thing and take shots at other posters...🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I choose the western world.

One must choose where one is happy, or at least most of the time. 

As you post on a Thailand focused forum, you can expect there will be posters with a different opinion.

• Like 1

@Pattayabeerbacon How long did you spend living in Thailand excluding holidays? The longer you stay, the more difficult it is to leave.

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Healthcare in west is far superior in most cases...

After that, you have a tale of two cultures...one vibrant, exciting, variety, food, shopping, entertainment second to none...money goes farther...inexpensive housing and transportation...easy to immerse one's self in new experiences.

The other stoic institutions, crumbling and decaying infrastructure, processed foods abound, shopping mall closures and expensive housing and transportation...people form into cliques according to religion and often color...

So there you have it...the choice is yours...where do you feel most comfortable?

Ask some folks who get VA health care in America.  VA pays for care in Thailand or America.  Which would they choose?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1