Iran can sink U.S. warships with 'secret weapons', military official says

rooster59

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best military plan against Iran is no plan. This has nothing to do with sanctions or nuclear capabilities. This has everything to do with regime change and embodies the same empty headed planning the US had with Iraq and Afghanistan and the same level of ignorance, hubris, arrogance, idiocy and lack of vision. Blindfold Bolton was involved in both. He is one of the world's most dangerous men. He is a disease. Pompeo is too ignorant to know any better. Iran could end up being a greater nemesis than Vietnam. The destruction they could and would wreak on American soil could be devastating and could cripple the US economy. Their cyber capabilities alone should give absolute idiots like Bolton pause, much less their willingness to invest billions on terrorism to put down America. It has historic disaster written all over it. 

And can Trump really afford to wage battle against a formidable adversary like Iran, while waging economic battle against China, after alienating nearly every ally the US once had? Is this guy delusional? Or just more incompetent and hateful than we feared?

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The best military plan against Iran is no plan. This has nothing to do with sanctions or nuclear capabilities. This has everything to do with regime change and embodies the same empty headed planning the US had with Iraq and Afghanistan and the same level of ignorance, hubris, arrogance, idiocy and lack of vision. Blindfold Bolton was involved in both. He is one of the world's most dangerous men. He is a disease. Pompeo is too ignorant to know any better. Iran could end up being a greater nemesis than Vietnam. The destruction they could and would wreak on American soil could be devastating and could cripple the US economy. Their cyber capabilities alone should give absolute idiots like Bolton pause, much less their willingness to invest billions on terrorism to put down America. It has historic disaster written all over it. 

And can Trump really afford to wage battle against a formidable adversary like Iran, while waging economic battle against China, after alienating nearly every ally the US once had? Is this guy delusional? Or just more incompetent and hateful than we feared?

Agree completely.  Iran fought an 8 year war with Iraq with tens of thousands of casualties. They never blinked. They were ready to fight forever.

Trump is foolish to listen to Bolton and Israel who are willing to sacrifice any number of American lives to get their way.  All Iran has to do is  sink a few ships which block the Straights and the flow of oil stops.   The Worldwide economic loss would be devastating to many countries  and could lead to a nuclear confrontation and  another World War.

I already fought one useless war (Vietnam) and I am absolutely opposed to our sons and daughters fighting another one.

5 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Agree completely.  Iran fought an 8 year war with Iraq with tens of thousands of casualties. They never blinked. They were ready to fight forever.

Trump is foolish to listen to Bolton and Israel who are willing to sacrifice any number of American lives to get their way.  All Iran has to do is  sink a few ships which block the Straights and the flow of oil stops.   The Worldwide economic loss would be devastating to many countries  and could lead to a nuclear confrontation and  another World War.

I already fought one useless war (Vietnam) and I am absolutely opposed to our sons and daughters fighting another one.

I think that Iran has the cyber capabilities to take out the Pentagon satellite systems. Where would they be then? Not to mention the willingness, money, idealogical bent, and capacity to commit major acts of terror on US soil. Of course, that would give Trump the perfect excuse to declare martial law, and seize some of the imperial power he would love to possess. 

43 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Charming.

If you have ever travelled through the ME and Iran, you will find some of the most proud, hospitable, friendly, generous and welcoming people on the planet.

Unfortunately most Americans don't have passports and don't like to travel.

Don't believe what your politicians want you to believe, ie Saudi good, Yemen bad. Israel good, Iran bad....

But apparently, we are to believe what an opinionated, partisan poster says. Oh well.

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Copy-pasting scaremongering rants doesn't make them any more compelling. That would be the third time, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

But apparently, we are to believe what an opinionated, partisan poster says. Oh well.

Steady on Morch, we are all entitled to express our opinions here so long as we remain within the rules.

If you find someone who is entirely non partisan, let me know.

17 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

With all due respect, Iran didn't come of the war with Iraq unscathed, and "never blinked" would be a romantic exaggeration. I don't think the Iranian leadership got much illusions as to the outcome of any military conflict with the USA.

Not to put a damper on the strategic review offered, but blocking the Strait of Hormuz would further hurt Iran's already crippled economy, provide the USA with both the justification and legitimacy to act, and generate international support for moves against Iran. As for it possibly leading to a nuclear confrontation and World War - standard issue bogymen.

One can oppose Trump's moves or the USA's foreign policy vs. Iran without resorting to such arguments.

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I think that Iran has the cyber capabilities to take out the Pentagon satellite systems. Where would they be then? Not to mention the willingness, money, idealogical bent, and capacity to commit major acts of terror on US soil. Of course, that would give Trump the perfect excuse to declare martial law, and seize some of the imperial power he would love to possess. 

And I think you don't actually know that much about cyber warfare. Scaremongering rants FTW.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

You are right but the point is if Iran was developing “secret weapon” to take out an aircraft carrier it supports the claims Iran was developing everything else covered by agreement.

Again, in my personal opinion I call Iranian statement total bs, however it does play into Trump reasoning and most certainly does not help Iran in any way what so ever. I would wage , this statement can be easily spinned and Iran would loose its EU support or at least put some serious doubts 

No, it doesn't actually support anything of the sort. That's precisely the "Trump logic" alluded to. According to this, pretty much anything can be used as pretext, without the need for proof. If this sounds familiar from many other issues involving Trump, well then....

And yes, such statements certainly don't contribute to Iran's cause or international standing. Not when it comes to international support. Would have been better, from this angle, to avoid giving Trump whatever justification for action.

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Steady on Morch, we are all entitled to express our opinions here so long as we remain within the rules.

If you find someone who is entirely non partisan, let me know.

Let's twist again. Nothing said about not being entitled to an opinion. But then you already knew that. As for the second irrelevant comment, some posters are more obviously extreme in their partisanship than others.

2 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

The minute they fire anything, the USN Surface Warfare fleet stationed there is going to go all ape shit on anything they have above, on or beneath the sea.  They might get one shot in, perhaps successfully so on a merchant oiler after that its all over for them.  There ports, oil facilities, factories, military facilities will all be destroyed.  The Surface warfare ships would end them in 30 minutes.  I am not even talking about the carriers or anything else that is stationed in the region.  People forget what surface warfare vessels are capable of.  I promise you the surface warfare group has not forgotten. 

Like passenger airplanes?

1 hour ago, Morch said:

And I think you don't actually know that much about cyber warfare. Scaremongering rants FTW.

Sorry to say, I think it is quite the opposite. Not scaremongering at all. Iran is very, very scary.

The Iranian Cyber Army is said by some cybersecurity researchers to operate on behalf of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a branch of the country’s military. The Revolutionary Guards runs a cyber warfare program that in 2008 was estimated to employ about 2,400 professionals. In addition, it connects with independent hacker groups such as Ashiyane and the ICA.

The Revolutionary Guards also command Iran’s voluntary paramilitary militia, known as the Basij Resistance Force. In 2010, the Basij established the Basij Cyber Council, but it focuses more on media and influence operations than on cyberattacks.

Turning to Sabotage

By 2012, Iranian cyberattacks had gone beyond simple web defacements and hijacks to ones that destroyed data and shut down access to critical websites. The attackers conceal their government connections by hiding behind monikers that resemble those used by independent hacktivists fighting for justice and human rights.

One such group called itself the Cutting Sword of Justice. 

https://www.newsweek.com/irans-cyber-warfare-program-now-major-threat-united-states-745427

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

Let's twist again. Nothing said about not being entitled to an opinion. But then you already knew that. As for the second irrelevant comment, some posters are more obviously extreme in their partisanship than others.

I’ll certainly agree with you regarding some posters exhibiting degrees of partisanship.

1 hour ago, jimmyyy said:

it was not years ahead of anything.  The fighter was at Yokota and taken apart and studied.  As you NOT being a yank you were not there and have no clue as to what you are talking about beyond reading anti YANK literature. 

Were YOU at Yokota?

Do you believe everything that the US government posts is the whole unvarnished  with nothing deleted?

This whole thing started when the US received intelligence from the Israelis that Iran was going to attack the USN in the gulf.  We did not start this at all, stop watching CNN and research the facts. 

So now the Israelis are sharing their intelligence with the USA and blaming Iran.

It is not as though Israel doesn't have a dog in the fight.

Please point out this ample evidence or its just hearsay. 

It is in the public record for anyone to see, if they care to take the time, inform themselves, do the research, and not rely on the fake news, or the dire lack of helpful information coming from the White House.

Please see my follow up post #52.

@spidermike007

Read you own rants again, then read even the article you linked. Notice the differences in tone and the implied dangers? Yeah.... Hence, scaremongering. From your "informed" take one would assume Iran's cyber abilities match those of the USA - which isn't the case. In fact, Iran's been on the receiving end of such efforts, more than the other way around. Painting Iran as possessing super-power capabilities is scaremongering. Acknowledging a threat is one thing, hyping it is another.

Iran, the United States, the EU and I believe Russia all agreed on a negotiated settlement regarding Iran developing a nuclear program.

Donald Trump, at the urging of Israel, and his  neocon advisers said it was a 'bad deal' and withdrew and started reimposing sanctions.  It is Trump's policies that are fomenting issues with Iran.

Iran in it's current form. is and will never be a 'friend' of the United States.  There is plenty of bad blood and mistakes on both sides. The best we can hope for is a form of peaceful co-existence  and non interference in each other's affairs. It was a huge mistake for Trump to pull out of a deal that Iran was in compliance with and try and reimpose sanctions.

While the United States has massive superiority in weaponry and could inflict grave injury to Iran- Iran his a History of not caving in to war and has the ability to strike back and cause grave disruptions to the US economy and the World.

Some people in this forum want to believe the US  has such unlimited power both militarily and diplomatically that nothing can stop it. 

The Us thought they had unlimited power in Vietnam and in 10 years left unceremoniously when the song 'White Christmas' was played over Armed Forces Network to alert those of us there that the war was lost and to evacuate.

The Us thought they had unlimited power in Iraq and Afghanistan- yet Iraq is still unsettled and the Taliban controls wide stretches of Afghanistan and the US is seeking a negotiate settlement.

The US ratcheted up it's vitriol on North Korea with Trump indicating he could destroy North Korea but was then cautioned by the then Secretary of Defense General Mattis who laid out the cost in lives of the war. Horrible, grim projections which would make anyone flinch.

Why do people question the US Government on this issue and want evidence of Iranian involvement in terrorism; attacks on shipping or other covert activities.

The answer is simple- Since Vietnam- a succession of US Administrations fueled by  false scenarios; incompetent judgement  and twisted intelligence have  caused millions of deaths; destruction of millions of lives for  reasons that make no sense.

There is no compelling reason that Iran has done anything to justify a war that would mean stationing thousands of US troops in the Middle East. We, the American people, are not being provided with an accurate picture of what is going on 

The Trump Administration is attempting to sell the American people a 'bill of goods'  and I like others are not buying.

7 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Oh yea, I can shoot fireballs out me arse that ill sink anything the Iranians can produce...

So you will offer to be the first American to attack Iran.

Good luck with that.

Archived