Jump to content

House first meeting marred by protests and boos


rooster59

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The people are making their displeasure known. The junta, the army and Prayuth are universally despised within Thailand. Especially, by the youth. They have done nothing for this nation, or it's people, in the past five years. 

While I have immense sympathy with what you write, Spidermike007, the sad truth is that the sense of contempt you express is NOT 'universal' within Thailand: there are STILL quite a number of reactionary and fascist Thais who revel in what the powers you mention (and others) are doing and what they represent. I am surrounded by many of these dinosaurs at my work.

 

The saddest thing is that it is NOT the well qualified, 'educated' Thais who are generally standing up and fighting against rabid nationalism, faux-militarism and authoritarianism: the best educated, with Master's Degrees and Ph.D.s, are OFTEN the most disgraceful, unprincipled and gutless supporters of the Establishment. It is left to the poor and (as yet) unqualified students to voice their sense of injustice.

Why do the truly 'qualified' Ph.D.s and the like not protest, rise up and rebel?

Because they have printed in the very DNA of their selfishly 'educated' being: 'I'm all right, Jack. Kick the ladder away - and don't let other, rival, people climb up to the benefits I enjoy.'

 

It is galling to witness. The fascists (of whom there are still many in Thailand) have not left Thailand yet - not by a long way ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eligius said:

I watched this (the video of it), and Thanathorn acquitted himself with dignity and poise. It was heartening to see how much applause and support he got from other MPs as he left the chamber. It gives me hope. It will not be so simple for Autocrats just to do as they will in the future (although they will still maintain the upper hand, of course).

Incidentally, what a shambles: first, Thanathorn is told he cannot join Paliament; then he is told, he can; then (finally) he was told he cannot join the first meeting and must leave the chamber.

I've seen four-year-olds organise their birthday parties better than this!

The generals may have won the battle but, certainly, not the war - - - - - The most successful warfare in history in guerrilla warfare - where invisible soldiers hide among the people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eligius said:

I watched this (the video of it), and Thanathorn acquitted himself with dignity and poise. It was heartening to see how much applause and support he got from other MPs as he left the chamber. It gives me hope. It will not be so simple for Autocrats just to do as they will in the future (although they will still maintain the upper hand, of course).

Incidentally, what a shambles: first, Thanathorn is told he cannot join Paliament; then he is told, he can; then (finally) he was told he cannot join the first meeting and must leave the chamber.

I've seen four-year-olds organise their birthday parties better than this!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see the first one-on-one scuffles, mass brawls and artillery exchanges of empty booze bottle and/or rotten eggs. Finally we would have some quality programming to replace those utterly atrocious soap operas and game shows on prime time TV. And just in case some viewers missed the ruckus of the day, all stations should schedule re-runs at 11 pm and 8 am the following morning. It's very important that the general populace keep themselves informed about national politics, you know...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eligius said:

While I have immense sympathy with what you write, Spidermike007, the sad truth is that the sense of contempt you express is NOT 'universal' within Thailand: there are STILL quite a number of reactionary and fascist Thais who revel in what the powers you mention (and others) are doing and what they represent. I am surrounded by many of these dinosaurs at my work.

The vast bureaucracy paid and bought by the junta is likely to vote for their paymaster. It's the same all over the world and the very reason why governments and bureaucracies should be kept as lean as possible. Once they fatten out to the size they are in Thailand, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle without a large scale revolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Still a lot of junta spoken after the free and fair election as parts of CM revote today over vote buying and count rigging🤔

Chiang Mai constituency 8 had a new by-election yesterday. From what I heard many were voting for Future Forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Thanathorn has done a new interview for New Mandala on youtube called :-

Thailand Unsettled #7: Future Forward and Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit0

Just thought it was worth a mention.

Thank you for posting that "Link", it made me go check it out and then I saw this meeting on another video, between Thanathorn and the FCC. It is well worth a look to see what the powers that be are trying to demonize.

One day, this charming, well spoken and well educated man will be the PM of Thailand.

It's just a matter of time. But of course, I am probably dreaming........

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZmlFs1YzRY

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thank you for posting that "Link", it made me go check it out and then I saw this meeting on another video, between Thanathorn and the FCC. It is well worth a look to see what the powers that be are trying to demonize.

One day, this charming, well spoken and well educated man will be the PM of Thailand.

It's just a matter of time. But of course, I am probably dreaming........

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZmlFs1YzRY

 

I think Thanathorn is probably above Thaksin by now on most hated by the junta list. He needs to be extra careful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...