What has Happened to Big Joke?

Has anyone heard anything about what happened to Big Joke and his current status? There seems to have been a very effective attempt keep everything concerning his ‘reign’ out of the public eye and there has been little, if any, discussion or questions asked.

I was very sorry to see Big Joke go,the turnaround he made

at Chiang Mai Immigration was great,he really shook the place

up,just hope it does not revert to what it was,and it could,as

the new head of immigration,does not seem so hands on.

He also did a very good job at catching bad guys and getting

them out of Thailand,it seems when anyone does a good job,

here they are made a target, nobody seems to know the REAL 

reason he was removed,but I suspect curbing someone's efforts

to make easy money had something to do with it.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Wooden Horse said:

Has anyone heard anything about what happened to Big Joke and his current status? There seems to have been a very effective attempt keep everything concerning his ‘reign’ out of the public eye and there has been little, if any, discussion or questions asked.

If you need a daily dose of xenophobia go to the nearest airport and ask

for one of his cardboard images which they probably have in stock .

Poof.

Cruising (under) the Mekong? Raising flowers (pushing daisies) in a remote stretch of Cambodia. Just ask any Thai.

Big Oud (ex-Border Police Chief), his replacement, is carrying on effectively, although without the daily fanfare.

His legacy of enforcement - NOTHING!  It lives on stronger than ever by the next bloke who took his place.  The HUNT for expats remains stronger than ever.  Make sure you do your 90 day report to mama.

I heard the media interviewing his best buddy, who himself is in hot water but remains teflon coated. Media asked what happened. They were told nothing to do with him (he's BJ's boss and I assume his responsibillity), go ask BJ yourself lol. Matter is finished he said. Could you imagine that flying with media in a civilized country?

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I was very sorry to see Big Joke go,the turnaround he made

at Chiang Mai Immigration was great,he really shook the place

up,just hope it does not revert to what it was,and it could,as

the new head of immigration,does not seem so hands on.

He also did a very good job at catching bad guys and getting

them out of Thailand,it seems when anyone does a good job,

here they are made a target, nobody seems to know the REAL 

reason he was removed,but I suspect curbing someone's efforts

to make easy money had something to do with it.

regards worgeordie

Sorry mate but i have to disagree with you.

He was not catching the bad guys, pc plod did that and he just jumped in for the photo op.

Regarding curbing someones efforts to make easy money, according to the wife it was on Thai social media that he has/had a few hundred million baht in secret accounts in Singapore.

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

He was not catching the bad guys, pc plod did that and he just jumped in for the photo op.

Regarding curbing someones efforts to make easy money, according to the wife it was on Thai social media that he has/had a few hundred million baht in secret accounts in Singapore.

And if tidying up procedures at one office CM is the claim to fame some keep on about,can,t be hard to top that surely!

29 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Are you sure it was Big Joke ? It was reported that it was Prawit, the Deputy PM ( big jokes pal) that had the money in Singapore. Some 75 Billion baht , yes billion, which was reported in the Straits Times I understand.

25 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Are you sure it was Big Joke ? It was reported that it was Prawit, the Deputy PM ( big jokes pal) that had the money in Singapore. Some 75 Billion baht , yes billion, which was reported in the Straits Times I understand.

Big Joke reportedly got money stashed in Singapore, as well as OleFatty.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke reportedly got money stashed in Singapore, as well as OleFatty.

Mega millions as well, stolen from the Thai ordinary people in effect.   Just think how that money could have provided better health and educational facilities, but still, nothing will change until you "cut the head off the snake, not just keep grabbing it's tale"

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Colin,the difference he made at Chiang Mai Immigration,i will forgive him for everything,

before it was up at 4.00 in the morning,to get a que ticket, if lucky finished after 12.00,

last extension, 1.5 hours total,thats getting letter from the bank,driving to immigration,

been processed and out the door.

As with anyone in authority,they don't do the footwork,but take all the glory,so maybe

he overdid it,BUT he did get a lot of undesirables out of Thailand,like never before.

As to having secret bank accounts in Singapore,i have  never heard that,but i suspect

they all have.if so why is he not been held to account,and charged.

I know you don't like him Colin,but if you had to do your extension at Chiang Mai, you

might do ,just a little bit.   take care, all the best worgeordie

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Colin,the difference he made at Chiang Mai Immigration,i will forgive him for everything,

before it was up at 4.00 in the morning,to get a que ticket, if lucky finished after 12.00,

last extension, 1.5 hours total,thats getting letter from the bank,driving to immigration,

As with anyone in authority,they don't do the footwork,but take all the glory,so maybe

he overdid it,BUT he did get a lot of undesirables out of Thailand,like never before.

As to having secret bank accounts in Singapore,i have  never heard that,but i suspect

I know you don't like him Colin,but if you had to do your extension at Chiang Mai, you

Is the improvements tat CNX IO sustainable? We all know BIB clamp downs last just days before going back to the old ways. Thainess.

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I thought you could have avoided all that shit for a mere 3000 Bahts, including 90 days reports?

8 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

I thought you could have avoided all that shit for a mere 3000 Bahts, including 90 days reports?

I never have,never will use an agent,the system at the time was set

up to force people to use agents,as it was a money maker,now 1.5 hours

from getting bank letter,to walking out the door at immigration,who needs

an agent,not me, 90 day,report online last 6 times,didn't even have to leave the house.,

3 K for use of agent, their fees must have gone down,less customers ?

regards Worgeordie

Maybe he's now a consultant for medical insurance companies offering policies for long stay farangs.   Or maybe a consultant for banks in obtaining large deposit business from farangs.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, Wooden Horse said:

There seems to have been a very effective attempt keep everything concerning his ‘reign’ out of the public eye and there has been little, if any, discussion or questions asked.

According to my sources it had something to do with a well know internationally news story, however became a subject that cannot be mentioned further or discussed here, due to forum rules.

The guy was the latest in along line of poster boys for Thai officialdom - put himself about a bit, took down a few low-level villains, deported a few hundred unfortunates, mostly dirt-poor migrant workers from neighbouring countries, developed an addiction to late-night and early-morning news conferences to boast about his prowess, began treading on some serious toes in the upper echelons of the civil service and thus got the chop himself, having in the meantime done what they all do - stash away a nice nest-egg somewhere safe. In other word just another self-serving leech on the public purse.

Archived