BANGKOK 18 June 2019 16:23
Richard70au

International Driver Permit.

Just wondering if anyone has used a company called ITA to get an international Driving Permit online. I have checked the reviews and mostly good but there are a couple that say that they are fraudulent documents and don’t stand for anything if you get pulled over. 

They have a website

https://www.e-ita.org/

thanks

Richard70au

They use the words "International Driving Licence" in the text a lot even though the picture shows "Permit". As far as I know legally there is no such thing.

My understanding was that you had to have a IDP issued by your country so not sure how they can provide for any nationality as claimed.

https://internationaldrivingpermit.org/frequently-asked-questions/

See the last point here -

https://internationaldrivingpermit.org/how-to-apply/

MOVED to Motoring forum

2 hours ago, Richard70au said:

Just wondering if anyone has used a company called ITA to get an International Driving Permit online.

Always a controversial subject, I have always believed an IDP can only be issued by the country the driving licence was obtained in.

A home countries full driving licence could be considered an International licence by many countries that do not require the driving licence translated and being accompanied with an IDP if all the categorizes of vehicles you are entitled to drive are in English and has your photo on it.

Whatever country you wish to be able to drive in, information can be obtained from the countries embassy or the internet.

2 hours ago, Richard70au said:

Just wondering if anyone has used a company called ITA to get an international Driving Permit online. I have checked the reviews and mostly good but there are a couple that say that they are fraudulent documents and don’t stand for anything if you get pulled over.  

They have a website

https://www.e-ita.org/

thanks

Richard70au

Just a scam, they don't have any legal relevance.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, Kwasaki said:

Always a controversial subject, I have always believed an IDP can only be issued by the country the driving licence was obtained in.

A home countries full driving licence could be considered an International licence by many countries that do not require the driving licence translated and being accompanied with an IDP if all the categorizes of vehicles you are entitled to drive are in English and has your photo on it.

Whatever country you wish to be able to drive in, information can be obtained from the countries embassy or the internet.

Whether or not IDP is required can be controversial, but the license issued by this company is easy: no legal validity.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Whether or not IDP is required can be controversial, but the license issued by this company is easy: no legal validity.

IDPs are issued by the responsible government offices (motor traffic offices).

All else is rubbish which you might impress a local cop at a checkpoint (or not).

" Motorcycle & Scooter Endorsement Included "

" Print Yourself "

" Validity from 1-3 Years. Choose the Validity that Works Best for You. "

I know a company that gives you the 20 year license as a plastic card AND truck/trailer license included.

(and a bonehead German Thailand expat who made a youtube video proudly showing)

:cheesy::cheesy:

Nice way to make some money with a template and a PDF creator.

Scam as scam can be.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1