Visa exempt entry

Hello,

I have two times visa exempt entry to Thailand by land borders within 2019.I am thinking to go to Malaysian Langkawi island by ferry and come back Thailand next day.Can I get another 30 day by that way although I have two times visa exempt entry by land in 2019. Can you inform me about that.

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Lincoln88

4 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

No, you have exhausted your land quota of Visa Exempt entries.

You need to fly back or get a visa.

Even then you may get questioned as to what you are doing in Thailand.

Very true. Also just realized the OP has used his 2. Didn't mention other history. Perhaps has entered los on TV prior to the two border entries. If all were extended entry via airport becomes problematic. Depends on his history.

29 minutes ago, The Fat Controller said:

No, you have exhausted your land quota of Visa Exempt entries.

You need to fly back or get a visa.

Even then you may get questioned as to what you are doing in Thailand.

I have visa exempt entry by air 3 times and 2 visa exempt entry by land on my passport.I am in Thailand for 9 months.I am from Turkey.

1 hour ago, Lincoln88 said:

I have visa exempt entry by air 3 times and 2 visa exempt entry by land on my passport.I am in Thailand for 9 months.I am from Turkey.

There is limit on visa exempt by air. Limit 2 via border. 9 months? Depends if back to back etc. You must of extended most of your entries. Surprised you managed that. Over what period of time did stay for 9 months

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

What do you mean?

I mean there is a 2 entry limit visa exempt on border entry per calendar yr. No limit on visa exempt entries via air. However more than a few back to back will have high chance of refused entry. The reason given will be "insufficient funds". Have a zillion bucks on you won't help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

There is limit on visa exempt by air. Limit 2 via border. 9 months? Depends if back to back etc. You must of extended most of your entries. Surprised you managed that. Over what period of time did stay for 9 months

Yes,I extended all my entries in immigration office

Flying in could result in being denied entry, if you have been here a lot recently. 

Your best bet would be to go out and apply for a Tourist Visa at a nearby consulate.  That will give you 60-days upon entry, which can be extended in-Thailand for 30 days more (same as your visa-exempt entries).

If you have been here nearly continuously, as evidenced in your passport-stamps, some Consulates may be more trouble than others.  Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos would be the best options for less-trouble.  I am not sure how Kuala Lumpur looks at recent visa-exempt history.

Vientiane only requires the fee, passport, and form - but now requires you book an appointment in-advance, so could be weeks before an opening is available. 

Savannakhet does not have an appointment-system - but at Savannakhet, be prepared to show a bank-statement with a minimum-balance equivalent of 20K Baht (can be your passport-country bank), a hotel-booking (can be online / cancel-able), and a flight leaving Thailand within 60 days (can be a cheap flight Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur, or similar.  Sometimes they allow up to 90-days advance for the flight, but this may have changed).

In any case - even with the Tourist Visa - I would not risk flying in, except perhaps direct to Chiang Mai (no stop in Bangkok), and there only with the Visa - not exempt.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

As Jack advised, get a tourist visa and then enter by land. There are several good consulates for the visa, but most require time consuming journeys to reach a land crossing. I agree with Jack that Vientiane or Savannakhet make sense for least hassle.

On 5/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, BritTim said:

As Jack advised, get a tourist visa and then enter by land. There are several good consulates for the visa, but most require time consuming journeys to reach a land crossing. I agree with Jack that Vientiane or Savannakhet make sense for least hassle.

Thai embassy in Vientiane asked me to show 20k THB in my account to issue a single entry tourist visa.