Happiness When Marrying a Much Younger Woman

CanadaSam

I have dated ladies / girls but have not found one to marry yet. Younger women under age 30 are likely to have a young child or two.. And a child can have emotional problems ( from dad leaving).. One child of a fine younger women was uncontrollable... The experience was awful despite the fact that she was wonderful.. Others were also wonderful in many ways but wanted an expensive house and big ticket items for the children - way too quickly. None of the ladies were ever bar girls..  One age 48 , high paying govt. job. Another was age 36 - a bookkeeper, another worked at Panasonic... etc., etc. Wanting money, possessions, house way too soon, wild children, paranoid I had another g/f and other problems. The younger ones wanted money within a few dates.. One about age 30 asked me to buy her a 50,000 baht coffee machine on the second date - a year after the first date..

I am actually generous but these girls could not / would not wait even 2-3 months.  The younger ones seemed to be money obsessed but all in all it did not show much difference if they were 28 or 48. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, connda said:

Selfish in my humble opinion because they will probably not be there for the child as they reach an age where they really need a father.

And you think 20yo Thai men are still there when their child is at an age to need them?

11 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

All I know is I'm sure those younger girls who marry much older farangs did it all for love. 

"Hello beautiful, now what attracted you to that comparatively rich Mr.X apart from his great looks and natural elderly charm"?

On 5/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, SteveK said:

I don't know what the stigma is all about regarding being a walking ATM. I'm quite happy to act as such providing that I am getting good value.

I can take a relatively unattractive and overweight girl out for a meal in London and easily spend £75, and get nothing in return. If I spend that much on a night out with a super hot young Thai lady, I will always get something of value in return.

well said---and no string attached,either...

On 5/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, Mavideol said:

marriage is like playing the lottery... sometimes u win and sometimes u loose, guess u are a lucky one, happy for u

I would agree with this up to a point, but a bit of due diligence as in my case can help.

Well, Chinese has a quite proper idiom '老牛吃嫩草” laoniu chi nencao, that means "an old cow eats young grass".

When I will see an old farang woman marry a 20 years old thai boy, or a poor farang accompanying a 20 years thai chicken, I will change my idea.

All We know why old Farang, Chineses, Japanese, Koreans get in touch with 20 years old girls generally in every place of the World. 

If your young daughter will be targeted by an old man, what will be your reaction? 

Another reason, probably is that these old.men haven't enough maturity to spend a serious relationship with responsabily and commitment with same age woman, expecially if westerner (ladies with enormous personality not like the majority of asian women)

13 minutes ago, zhounan said:

If your young daughter will be targeted by an old man, what will be your reaction? 

5Mbht sinsot for her and a new pickup for me.

Same as the other Thai dads want.

My daughter is really slim and good looking (if a little dark for Thai tastes), but currently at university.

Never been alone with any man apart from me and her kid brother.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

5Mbht sinsot for her and a new pickup for me.

Same as the other Thai dads want.

My daughter is really slim and good looking (if a little dark for Thai tastes), but currently at university.

How about a picture - preferable in university uniform ???? 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:51 PM, BritManToo said:

Just don't go there ........ let's all agree it was her first night in the bar.

It seems the best girls are the once which are a few weeks in a bar.

They learned the basics and at least some of them know they don't want more of the same.

They are happy to trade 30 old guys a month against only one old guy who is nice to them - at least most of the time.

And let's not forget the alternative: They could obviously also marry Somchai in their village who drinks and treats her as his personal property.

How many dark up-country girls really have the option to marry a decent guy (any nationality) who is their age and treats them like an equal partner? Very few!

On 5/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, CanadaSam said:

...would like to hear (briefly if possible) from guys who have married much younger women in Thailand, and are now reasonably happy and content (both of you), the exact reasons why you seem to have made it...

"Why so many other marriages of unequal age unfortunately crash and burn", I cannot answer – might be numerous individual reasons – but your first question I can comment "briefly" on.

Age difference 32-years – however, not married, I've never been married, but together for 15 years and counting – both generally very happy.

"Exact reasons" in my, or rather our, case is kind of practical solution for both parts, so a win-win situation. As self-employed I never got time to establish a family in my home country, and needed to partner up with someone young enough for that – one of the reasons for "much younger" – however, well knowing that a relationship with a relative high age-difference would be based on mainly me as the provider.

I was fully aware of the relationship would be founded on financial terms of some level – i.e. you cannot buy love, but you can buy something the feels and looks like it, and as long as it works well, or the performance is good enough for an "Academy award", I'm Okay – my lovely girlfriend says it started as 30/70, i.e. love/money, and is now 70/30, so actually it seem to work better than "well"; and I also got an heir...????

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

"Why so many other marriages of unequal age unfortunately crash and burn", I cannot answer – might be numerous individual reasons – but your first question I can comment "briefly" on.

Age difference 32-years – however, not married, I've never been married, but together for 15 years and counting – both generally very happy.

"Exact reasons" in my, or rather our, case is kind of practical solution for both parts, so a win-win situation. As self-employed I never got time to establish a family in my home country, and needed to partner up with someone young enough for that – one of the reasons for "much younger" – however, well knowing that a relationship with a relative high age-difference would be based on mainly me as the provider.

I was fully aware of the relationship would be founded on financial terms of some level – i.e. you cannot buy love, but you can buy something the feels and looks like it, and as long as it works well, or the performance is good enough for an "Academy award", I'm Okay – my lovely girlfriend says it started as 30/70, i.e. love/money, and is now 70/30, so actually it seem to work better than "well"; and I also got an heir...????

Enjoy it... just don't take the '30' away. Who cares?  life is short and it's an exchange (and THAT is the basic truth).

On 5/27/2019 at 11:24 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

She just started to work in a bar because her older step-sister decided that what she should do.

She decided to stay with me far away from the sister and the bar.

And all that happened a long time ago because this thread is about couples which are together since a long time. We are still together.

In America, girls don't seem to become women until the age of maybe 23.  From a maturity perspective.  In Thailand, maybe 32.  Yes, I've met some college girls on the bus and they are like children.  My guy friend is 24 and dated a girl who was 20 and said she was like a child and super crazy all the time.  i've never heard the contrary.  

You like girls who are 16.  It is rather wrong, but maybe your country (which country???  likely no response) allows this.   sixteen.....  just a few years older than 13.   it's simply hard to think about.  

and you met a 16 year old in a bar?

it just is strange that it seems like you are bragging about this 16 year old.  

maybe this website isn't for me....

A lot of Thai and Asian ladies value security, and that includes wealth. They want to ensure their children will be well provided for, they will have a nice life, and have a husband who provides, doesn't bugger off and leave them with the kids, and doesn't expect to be out boozing, whoring and with the mia nois all the time.

There is an expectation older men will be more responsible, have more experience and possibly more wealth, be more mature, caring and more family orientated.

I've seen so many relationships where this is all fine until the male partner becomes less romantically attentive and some young predator type, plenty out there, sees the younger wife as an easy score.  She thinks she's 17 again (most don't seem to mature much above late teens early twenties!) and Wallop! Family gets completely buggered up. New bf does a runner of course. Kids pay the price.

I reckon a third manage to avoid that trap from the couples I've known over the years. Same whether they live here or move to husband's home country.

Reading some of the comments on this thread, some of you must really have been taken for a ride, but are making the mistake of tarring everyone with the same brush!

I'm 49, my Thai g/f is 32, and we compliment each other almost perfectly, with neither of us taking offence when we don't see things the same way because of the age difference.   She has no idea how much money I do or don't have, she hasn't asked and I haven't brought the subject up either.  She works hard, she doesn't rely on me, and if she asks for something she perhaps wouldn't have bought for herself because of the cost, she doesn't mind at all when I say no (which is a fair percentage of the time).

I love the age difference because it forces me to stop feeling and acting old, it breathes some fresh life into my ageing bones, and I feel far younger now than I did when I first met her 18 months ago.  When we became involved, she told me she "chose me" because she felt safe with me, and that it was clear I would look after her (not in a financial sense), amongst other things.

But it's about the two individuals, there is not a generic answer to this.

1 minute ago, Racha Bates said:

Reading some of the comments on this thread, some of you must really have been taken for a ride, but are making the mistake of tarring everyone with the same brush!

I'm 49, my Thai g/f is 32, and we compliment each other almost perfectly, with neither of us taking offence when we don't see things the same way because of the age difference.   She has no idea how much money I do or don't have, she hasn't asked and I haven't brought the subject up either.  She works hard, she doesn't rely on me, and if she asks for something she perhaps wouldn't have bought for herself because of the cost, she doesn't mind at all when I say no (which is a fair percentage of the time).

I love the age difference because it forces me to stop feeling and acting old, it breathes some fresh life into my ageing bones, and I feel far younger now than I did when I first met her 18 months ago.  When we became involved, she told me she "chose me" because she felt safe with me, and that it was clear I would look after her (not in a financial sense), amongst other things.

But it's about the two individuals, there is not a generic answer to this.

Good god man, you are only 49 and talking already as if you have one foot in the grave ie.  "ageing bones", "forces me to stop feeling and acting old".  Sorry  to say this but sounds like she "choose you" because she pitied you by the way you were talking as if you were one step away from a corpse !.   Get out more , enjoy life as middle age man should do , not try and convince yourself you are at deaths door. Wish I was as young as you and even though I am far far  older I hope I have many more years left yet without talking myself into the grave,

On 5/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Lacessit said:

I will not marry my GF for financial reasons. Having said that, she is 24 years younger than me, and we have been together for 8 years. We are happy together.

Her daughter is drop-dead gorgeous. While my GF is street-smart, the daughter is an airhead. I could never envisage a long-term relationship with her if I was 30 years younger.

23 years is the difference between us, mutual need is important, the realisation that, in our case, someone has to lead and the acceptance of that! Of course the older man is the financial support of the partnership! We've been together for 20 years now...life is good!

A few posts here reminded me of the short "2 bulls" anecdote, coined in the 80s film Colors with Robert Duvall/Sean Penn.  Cheers to all the older boys here, single, livin' the dream!  ????

I am with a much younger woman. I am 49 and my wife is 32. She has the energy level of a three-year-old and it makes me get out and do things. She makes me swim, go to the gym and look after my body better as I am sickly. My wife loves to paint and I watch her for hours at a time. We are talking about doing a painting course together for a year. I use to do cartoon characters for a newspaper years ago and have not picked up a brush in years, so we have something in common. For my own sanity it much better I am with someone that is young and still full of dreams of doing things. My life has been full of hardships and she makes me forget about them. At this stage of my life I am very happy. I want nothing to change.

1 hour ago, XenZen said:

In America, girls don't seem to become women until the age of maybe 23.  From a maturity perspective.  In Thailand, maybe 32.  Yes, I've met some college girls on the bus and they are like children.  My guy friend is 24 and dated a girl who was 20 and said she was like a child and super crazy all the time.  i've never heard the contrary.  

You like girls who are 16.  It is rather wrong, but maybe your country (which country???  likely no response) allows this.   sixteen.....  just a few years older than 13.   it's simply hard to think about.  

and you met a 16 year old in a bar?

it just is strange that it seems like you are bragging about this 16 year old.  

maybe this website isn't for me.... 

Good luck we are not in America. They have all those crazy bible thumpers over there and that maniac which they call their president.

My idea about a girlfriend is to be happy together. I don't discuss politics or science with her.

Watch i.e. Thai girls (it does not really matter which age) watching cartoons. It's fun, they laugh, they enjoy it. When was the last time you saw a grown up woman laughing about a cartoon.

"My" country is Thailand, that's where I live. And in the country where I was born and grew up sex with a 16 year old is also not illegal.

And just in case you never read about it. Many many 16 year old have sex all over the world. They are not all innocent sitting at home and following their parent's guidance. And if that is strange for you then I agree, this is not the right website for you,

Here is something to inspire you. She exists only in Elianeck's virtual reality so you don't have to call the police.

aiko_doll_by_elianeck-daaun3a.jpg

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Age of consent is 12 years old in the Philippines.  Am almost old enough to bang a girl the age of my great grandchild -  doesn't make it right, but it could be consensual

https://preen.inquirer.net/79776/ph-age-consent-12-years-old-alarmed

Archived