Nakhon Phanom information

Kenny202

Heading to Nakhon Phanom next week for a couple of days. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a

any good farang restaurants or general good restaurants. Any natural swimming areas, waterfalls or other things to

do. Any help appreciated 

'Ruam Marie', river end of Thatsanapatom Rd, on the left apprx. 100m from the river. Lovely old couple semi-retired. 'Fish steak' (snapper) with spinach & cheese is my favourite. Choice of potatoes, but u must ask for your preference, and order a modestly priced extra portion of potatoes if u like a farang size portion.

You hit on the one thing I don't eat. Fish lol. Is it a farang restaurant? Do they have other foods?

Do you know if there are any nice natural places to swim? Waterfalls etc?

Thanks for your help

7 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

You hit on the one thing I don't eat. Fish lol. Is it a farang restaurant? Do they have other foods?

Do you know if there are any nice natural places to swim? Waterfalls etc?

Thanks for your help

Mostly farang food as he used to work in a big city hotel somewhere. Meat steaks, spaghettis, soups, salads, & a sandwich or 2, and some Thai food. Not a huge choice but what he does is very good.

There is nowhere natural to swim in NKP except the Mekong  but even thats out this year as there is huge construction going on at 'The beach' end at the moment. Ive heard that there is a nice waterfall upriver but it is quite a long way so u'd need your own transport. I have never been there.

Just spent 2 days here. 

Stayed next to the River in the main town and did a lot of walking. Didn’t see an exclusive Farang restaurant as such but some decent eating places/bars along near the Clock Tower many with Live Music. 

As has has been said, there is a lot of construction going on river side to extend the foot/cycle path all the way along. 

Really like the place and got got a great vibe in the evening. 

There is the Chelsea restaurant which is along side the riverfront up from the Indochina market it’s a fair way along the river road though. The river road is now partly one way so if you are in the southern part of town you will not be able to continue through.

Google the Chelsea restaurant and you will find how to get there, parking is a bit difficult directly outside sometimes.

The woman who owns it speaks excellent English and chips and steak are on the menu, burgers etc also does Thai food for the missus.

I would not go swimming in the Mekong though you would be risking your life.

There is the Fortune river hotel which has a pretty big pool, big enough to do laps. It would cost you about 1000 to 1200baht a night to stay there. I always stay there and the pool is excellent, gets a bit of debris off the surrounding trees on windy days though. Hotels supplies towels too.

21 hours ago, Brer said:

There is the Chelsea restaurant which is along side the riverfront up from the Indochina market it’s a fair way along the river road though. The river road is now partly one way so if you are in the southern part of town you will not be able to continue through.

Google the Chelsea restaurant and you will find how to get there, parking is a bit difficult directly outside sometimes.

The woman who owns it speaks excellent English and chips and steak are on the menu, burgers etc also does Thai food for the missus.

I would not go swimming in the Mekong though you would be risking your life.

There is the Fortune river hotel which has a pretty big pool, big enough to do laps. It would cost you about 1000 to 1200baht a night to stay there. I always stay there and the pool is excellent, gets a bit of debris off the surrounding trees on windy days though. Hotels supplies towels too.

Chelsea is closed until mid-July. As usual.

Archived