Warning: visa service fraud

1 minute ago, dcnx said:

You stayed in the van after you saw him drinking. If you don’t care about your life, no one else is going to care about it or the service you received.

But did he really see him drinking?

He doesnt mention he saw the guy skulling cans of beer or whisky or whatever.

If he is that clueless about having to get an exit stamp then im not suprised if he assumed an EM-Roy bottle is Lao-khao

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goo61 said:

Additionally, our driver did not properly check to make sure we had all received exit stamps when leaving Thailand and I was left in limbo between Laos and Thailand with no agency representative to help me. In the end, the agency representative who, after 30 minutes, finally came to assist me, dropped me off at the Thai border again (which I had to pay for) and left me there, telling me I needed do everything again to cross the border again and then to pay for a taxi and find my own way to the Thai consulate in Laos. This is an absolute atrocity as I have paid your company 3,500 for assistance and I received none and had to pay additional money out of pocket to arrive at the embassy. 

That was all your own fault . You went through Thai immigration without getting stamped out .

You really should know that you have to get stamped out .

What did you do ?

Just walk straight past the immigration booth without handing your passport in .

You had already caused a 30 minute delay and the driver needed to get the other passengers to the Consulate , cannot really blame him for not waiting for you and its only a 20 Baht  , 20 minute bus journey from the border to the Consulate ,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BuckBee said:

You got to be mad to waste money on any visa service in thailand ... easier and cheaper do it yourself and if make some effort rearch in advance it so so simple as you organised and all docs prepared in advance .

It can get more expensive. My first visa run via land border, I made the mistake to use Poipet. And I did my research but was not a member of this website. 

Since they did not let me come back the same day I had to find an hotel. Then the next day I wasted 1h when they put me aside for questioning.

When they eventually let me throught and I needed to find a bus nobody could speak English or understand my Thai. I eventually called my ex and learned the bus station was moved. 

It was an interesting experience since I'm still fit and young but was way more expensive than the Visa run service.

I used the same visa service twice since then and it has been much faster, easier and cheaper than doing it myself. If someone is using a minivan to Laos from BKK then it's probably cheaper and faster via a visa service.

The last time I tried to do it myself to Laos via airplane, I was denied on my way back in DMK. I eventually crossed at Nong Kai but yet again it got way more expensive and I risked being deported to Canada. 

Now doing it myself again in HMC but I'm now married (getting non-O and not SETV) and now I know which land border to use on my way back. Hopefully it will be easy this time. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

But did he really see him drinking?

He doesnt mention he saw the guy skulling cans of beer or whisky or whatever.

If he is that clueless about having to get an exit stamp then im not suprised if he assumed an EM-Roy bottle is Lao-khao

This is not uncommon, they use empty M150 bottles and fill them with LK or a mix LK+M150.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, visarunner said:

as the owner of said agency, I can guarantee that said driver does not drink or drive dangerously. If you feel or have evidence you are welcome to meet me in ON NUT or at Phrakanong Police Station. Said person will attend too. 

Guarantee ?

How you can do that ? GPS-tracking or some other monitoring ?

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Stopped using visa run services years ago because of these kind of scenarios. Much nicer to travel on public transport. I use this “Rome2Rio” app to help plan the journey 

Downloading it now. Thanks for mentioning it.

Sounds great and the reviews are 4 and 5 stars (5 is best).

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Just curious, but how do you know the OP is talking about you ??

Received the follow up Email from OP too: "Okay then I will proceed my lawyer. I will also make sure this story is known well among the expat community in Thailand via social media and make sure the police and tourist police are aware of your companies indiscretions and illegal behaviour. 

Thank you for your concern. I will send you the evidence of your driver, so that you can believe me, fire him, and save lives of future people on your trips. You will also be hearing from others from the trip shortly who share the same concerns.

Kind Regards" NAME REMOVED
  • Haha 2