Warning: visa service fraud

47 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What did you actually pay for though ?

I do recall you said that you paid 3500 Baht .

That would be about the cost of a return trip and the hotel .

Another company charges 5000 Baht a day , if you want personal assistance with immigration .

Maybe you just paid for the trip and expected personal assistance ?

Paid 3500 to the company plus visa fees. They advertised that they assist with the entire process

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BestB said:

You are paying for taxi service not for immigration clearance . Tourist visa full service is 5500 baht not 3500

Well, it certainly sounds like the OP  very definitely got the 'full service '.

OP: Go economy next time and bring a bag lunch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leeedwards said:

In future just get a flight to udon thani, take mini van to the border( only 50 mins in a van ), get across  border, do the visa yourself. 

Take border bus from Vientiane bus station to udon bus station and a tuk tuk to the airport. Done this last 3 times. Get 12.50 flight to udon and 9.40 pm back next day so no rush. 

Just 50 minute van on way and 1 hour bus back. Less chance to die on the road. 

It is difficult for a first timer new to Thailand and Laos to understand what all these words mean. 

Once we have done it for the first time, then the second and subsequent times, we don't need an 'visa run' agent.

Do you think they will give a rats arse about your complaint

No food may have been a blessing in disguise 

As for his drinking, you could have called the cops or said something at the border, instead of just sitting there like a lost sheep

19 hours ago, elviajero said:

The only question is why you didn’t, once you knew what was going on, leave the van on route or once you got to Vientiane!

19 hours ago, Goo61 said:

And be stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere thailand about to get an overstay on my visa...?

I thought the trip was to Savannaketh? 

Anyway - I never used any visa service and tried always to find my way by myself - except Visa Agents in Cambodia - Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville, 

And - I travel - when possible myself or by plane.

9 hours ago, visarunner said:

We received also the follow up Email: "Okay then I will proceed my lawyer. I will also make sure this story is known well among the expat community in Thailand via social media and make sure the police and tourist police are aware of your companies indiscretions and illegal behaviour. 

Thank you for your concern. I will send you the evidence of your driver, so that you can believe me, fire him, and save lives of future people on your trips. You will also be hearing from others from the trip shortly who share the same concerns.

Kind Regards" NAME REMOVED

How you going to pay for a lawyer

20 hours ago, BestB said:

Now about your complaint. There is nothing you can do and no one will help you.

I doubt anyone at the Visa Service (and very few on TV) will even read most of what he wrote.

And foaming at the mouth, figuratively speaking, will not motivate anyone to reimburse him, not that there was much chance of that ever happening.

20 hours ago, elviajero said:

You got to the capital city of Laos. You could have gone anywhere.

I only used a van service from Bangkok to Vientiane once, and it was years ago. The driver was sober, but drove like a maniac, so I left the van once I’d got my visa and took the train back.

You and others seem not to have noticed that the OP went to Savannakhet, not to Vientiane. 

No matter, but I dislike the accusatory tone of comments here, though, on past experience, they are only to be expected. The OP paid in good faith for a service, which he found wanting. He wrote a letter of complaint which may or may not have an effect. That's about as far as he can go, beyond thoughts turning to Molotov cocktails. Once he has calmed down, not doubt he will chalk it up to experience.

Should the OP wish for some solid advice on how to go to Savannakhet independently, cheaply and efficiently, I would be happy to help if he will PM me. It is not difficult, relatively safe, and at the end of it does not result in torrents of smartarse comments and abuse.

44 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You and others seem not to have noticed that the OP went to Savannakhet, not to Vientiane. 

No matter, but I dislike the accusatory tone of comments here, though, on past experience, they are only to be expected. The OP paid in good faith for a service, which he found wanting. He wrote a letter of complaint which may or may not have an effect. That's about as far as he can go, beyond thoughts turning to Molotov cocktails. Once he has calmed down, not doubt he will chalk it up to experience.

Should the OP wish for some solid advice on how to go to Savannakhet independently, cheaply and efficiently, I would be happy to help if he will PM me. It is not difficult, relatively safe, and at the end of it does not result in torrents of smartarse comments and abuse.

He made a post about his situation and we gave our opinion .

I do think that it was wrong of him, if he wrongly accused the driver of breaking numerous laws , telling his boss and requesting that the boss fires him .

There has been no "abuse" , just that some posters disagree with him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Ah ........ so 7/11 is selling haute cuisine now is it ? Nice to know.

How much were the truffles ?

Mama is still affordable. Even for little kids who've left mom's basement. I've made that trip alone and with my wife and never had a similar experience.

Sorry, but now I'm asking for a new keyboard because I'd to spit my hot milk all over it after reading the full post.

Please page me to arrange the best possible solution to it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Agreed - The first van is the lookout who let's the other vans know of any checkpoints

They certainly don't have a leader truck for this - what would be the point?

Unless the van were the lookout/cover for a truck carrying non-human cargo, or a friend of the driver going there at the same time - who knows?  We weren't there.

@Goo61 Did you smell alcohol on the driver?  Or just see him drinking something out of a bottle?  Those vans driving fast and passing crazy is nothing unusual, in and of itself.  The drinks are often "energy drinks" - which could contribute to manic-driving.

5 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A chancer farang trying to get some funds back - nothing more

Going to so much trouble?  No.  There are often 2 sides to the story, but the OP seems to feel he was mistreated.  He may have never been on a "Thai Van Ride" before, so simply unaware what the "norm" is.

• Like 1