BANGKOK 24 July 2019 16:06

44 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You and others seem not to have noticed that the OP went to Savannakhet, not to Vientiane. 

No matter, but I dislike the accusatory tone of comments here, though, on past experience, they are only to be expected. The OP paid in good faith for a service, which he found wanting. He wrote a letter of complaint which may or may not have an effect. That's about as far as he can go, beyond thoughts turning to Molotov cocktails. Once he has calmed down, not doubt he will chalk it up to experience.

Should the OP wish for some solid advice on how to go to Savannakhet independently, cheaply and efficiently, I would be happy to help if he will PM me. It is not difficult, relatively safe, and at the end of it does not result in torrents of smartarse comments and abuse.

He made a post about his situation and we gave our opinion .

I do think that it was wrong of him, if he wrongly accused the driver of breaking numerous laws , telling his boss and requesting that the boss fires him .

There has been no "abuse" , just that some posters disagree with him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hahhahha .... you made me laugh alot ...

maybe the drinking assisted his driving technique

It may help them to stay ON the road for short periods

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Ah ........ so 7/11 is selling haute cuisine now is it ? Nice to know.

How much were the truffles ?

Mama is still affordable. Even for little kids who've left mom's basement. I've made that trip alone and with my wife and never had a similar experience.

Sorry, but now I'm asking for a new keyboard because I'd to spit my hot milk all over it after reading the full post.

Please page me to arrange the best possible solution to it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Agreed - The first van is the lookout who let's the other vans know of any checkpoints

They certainly don't have a leader truck for this - what would be the point?

Unless the van were the lookout/cover for a truck carrying non-human cargo, or a friend of the driver going there at the same time - who knows?  We weren't there.

@Goo61 Did you smell alcohol on the driver?  Or just see him drinking something out of a bottle?  Those vans driving fast and passing crazy is nothing unusual, in and of itself.  The drinks are often "energy drinks" - which could contribute to manic-driving.

5 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A chancer farang trying to get some funds back - nothing more

Going to so much trouble?  No.  There are often 2 sides to the story, but the OP seems to feel he was mistreated.  He may have never been on a "Thai Van Ride" before, so simply unaware what the "norm" is.

• Like 1

Ok, its time to call it a day here.

The topic has degenerated into repeated troll comments to the OP.

CLOSED

• Like 1