Domestic calls to the police in thailand? Your experiences or anyone you know?

Some of you who have not been in the west this past decade, should know that feminism and #metoo movement is in full swing.   Even being polite to an office girl by saying Good morning and smiling every morning could possibly get you in trouble for sexual harassment (if you are ugly aka a creep.  A good looking dude can get away with it)

Was discussing this issue with a friend.

He said police will side with the thai girl if he is farang regardless.  If he is thai, the police will just ignore it for the most part.  That goes for rape too.  How true is this?  Do you know anyone who had a spat with their gf?

Discuss 

42 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Spat evolved into violence...knife being used...called condo police...could hear them laughing and talking in Thai...they found my potentially deadly situation amusing...they never showed up!

Thanks for responding this late but please add more details.   

She used a knife on you?  Or u on her? 

Condo police or security? 

1 hour ago, DingDongLing said:

Thanks for responding this late but please add more details.   

Condo police or security? 

If I am using a knife on her, not calling police...taking 1st train to Lao...????

2 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

My first 'live in' Thai gf came after me with a knife.

The Thai girl I married threatened me with a knife.

I've never thought of calling the police, violence by Thai women is entirely normal and part of the mating ritual, as a man you're expected to take it away from them and have 'make up' sex.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've never thought of calling the police, violence by Thai women is entirely normal and part of the mating ritual, as a man you're expected to take it away from them and have 'make up' sex.

Yes very well said and I agree

Main concern for any male should be if there girl calls the police on them.  What happens here as we all know what happens in the west. 

7 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Do you know anyone who had a spat with their gf?

GF & boyfriend problems most of the time in our village, usually because of families interfering for compatibility reasons or either one seeing someone else, police are not involved unless violent's erupts.  

I know 2 Thai married ladies hit by their husbands, 1 kick her husband out with the help of the police.

The others husband was cautioned but hit her again so was carted of to prison. 

7 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

He said police will side with the thai girl if he is farang regardless.  If he is thai, the police will just ignore it for the most part.  That goes for rape too.  How true is this?

A load of B***ix. Get a new friend. Police do not like to get involved in domestics as far as I can tell even if violence is used by either side.

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

GF & boyfriend problems most of the time in our village, usually because of families interfering for compatibility reasons or either one seeing someone else, police are not involved unless violent's erupts.  

I know 2 Thai married ladies hit by their husbands, 1 kick her husband out with the help of the police.

The others husband was cautioned but hit her again so was carted of to prison. 

Prison for how long?  wow

30 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

Prison for how long?  wow

I guess I should of said off to the police station pokey for 3 nights, so close. ????

The wife didn't press charges so he was just taught a lesson, his been behaving himself for the time being. 

I intervened once in a friends restaurant a good few years back where I use to drink beer on my own.

The young lady serving use to work there all the time usually on her own, one afternoon what became known later as her husband walked in behind the counter and started strong talking to her not really shouting, she backed off as he approached her, I was only glancing at first until I saw him punch her in the stomach but still not wanting to get involved as I am always told by the Mrs I stayed sat down.

There were 2 other couples sat in the room and started looking as I did because it didn't stop at one punch he continued hitting her in the body and she went down so fearing the boot would be next, I just couldn't help myself not to do anything is not in my nature close to a situation like that, no man should hit a woman was the way I was brought up.

I went quickly round the counter and pulled him away from her turning him and pushing him away, don't suppose he understood me as he looked back at my creased up Clint looking face saying stop that's enough he backed off more and ran out.

I picked her up from the floor and she was trembling and crying I asked the 2 ladies with their partners to help her further which they gladly did thanking me for what I had done.

I then went along to the next restaurant where I knew she had friends.

It turned out she had taken money from his wallet to put petrol in her scooter apparently her brothers went round their house as she didn't want to go home and later she found out her husband had left.    

5 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

Yes very well said and I agree

Main concern for any male should be if there girl calls the police on them.  What happens here as we all know what happens in the west. 

Main concern would be waking up next morning  and  she hasn't chopped your dick off I would have thought!

call police, sure.  then her family will lose face, and you will die.  and everything broken, stolen, destroyed, and your life over.  money gone, everything.   food poisoned, will never stop...

but it will give us a good article and ability for funny comments

There is a lot in the OP's question to unpack.

Never having been involved in any domestic violence, I can't really comment on the specifics of that.

What I would suggest however, is that in any situation where there is a Thai and a farang involved, the Police are almost going to side with the version of events postulated by the Thai, almost regardless of the evidence 

My wife has a block of apartments and received a call from one of the female tenants who was being harassed by her estranged husband.

She rang the local police and I went with her to the premises

The police arrived almost at the same time as us and removed the guy, my wife told me that he was told in no uncertain terms what would happen if he returned he didn’t 

She also told me that she lived with her first boyfriend who after some time started to become anti social after drinking and one time locked her in the house 

She rang her brother and the local police both of who arrived.

She said that the policeman sat and waited while her brother gave him some lessons on how not to treat his sister.

Needless to say that was the end of the relationship

6 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

What I would suggest however, is that in any situation where there is a Thai and a farang involved, the Police are almost going to side with the version of events postulated by the Thai, almost regardless of the evidence 

I think you have a 50/50 chance of nothing happening or doing their job to make cash. 

I've been involved in two auto accidents over the years. Both times the cops were great. One time was my fault, cops showed up to move the car and left, insurance guys showed up took care of everything, nobody ever asked to see my license or ID, no ticket nothing. Second time a drunk Thai guy hit me, cops showed up the drunk guy wanted money from me, the cop took my side told the guy to go home or he was going to jail.  ( yes he let the guy ride off drunk) 

However, Most cops are in it for the money. They wont do anything if there's no money to be made.  

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

wow 20 years ago lived with a bar girl she smashed a big beer bottle over the table smashed into thousand pieces. i called security they were useless, they called police they got rid of her but i had to give her 5,000 baht 555 worth every baht.

i then decided not to swim in the sewers anymore as there are only rats there, started using the internet for dating never met a violent lady on the net,  having said that i dont put up with crap off these Thais now and dont live with one. met some nice good ladies on the net over the years and still keep in touch with many of them.

Archived