Three injured as sedans collide in Rayong

webfact

Three injured as sedans collide in Rayong

By Atchara Wisetsri 
The Nation

65933e4f9b901d87cbbd75e248f38420.jpeg

Three men were injured when two sedans collided at the Ban Chang intersection in Rayong province early on Sunday morning.

The accident happened at Ban Chang district at around 2am. Police and rescue workers rushed to the scene where they found the white Toyota Vios sedan on the footpath after it had toppled the alley name board, and almost crashed into a convenience store, while a black Nissan March sedan, with its front section wrecked, lay in the middle of road.

e0f1bf7e7a2a7874395ef19ef1dd2b4d.jpeg

They found the drivers of both the sedans inside their damaged cars, while a homeless man who had been sleeping on the footpath sustained a slight injury. 

Siam Ruamjai Rescue Foundation officials, who manned the Ban Chang service point not far from the crash scene, told police that the white Toyota sedan was driving on Sukhumvit Road towards Muang Rayong when it crashed into the black Nissan sedan that was coming out of the Ban Chang-Payoon Road to cross the junction to head to Muang Rayong. 

Police gathered evidence from the scene before summoning both drivers for questioning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370010

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-27

23 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

2am-4am is known as the "blood-hour" by the EMS guys

You could set your clock by it....they come out of 55 at 3 am, 15-20 minutes later, ambulance and rescue vehicles flat out! Every day!!!

They switch these lights to flashing every night at 9pm, unfortunately those on Sukhumvit think it gives them a clear run all the way through Ban Chang, it has happened on several occasions at this junction and you can guarantee it will happen again!!

• 3 weeks later...

(I need to let off steam)... Honestly I can say hand on heart they are the worst drivers in the world (no offense its not meant mean) honestly they would be in serious trouble in any foreign nation I dont get why they dont just teach them how to drive their vehicles!!!!! ITS TOTALLY INSANE.

Thankfully auto pilot will come along soon and then you will see no traffic jams and no accidents because the only reason that happens here is that they simply cannot drive not worth jack and they cause all these issues because they should not be allowed behind a wheel of a vehicle yet. Who here remembers when someone crashed on empty roads at 2am where you can see peoples lights clearly in your home country...? I have never heard of such an accident. You would be banned for a good few years if you done this shit. Will they be banned here? Who will represent the homeless that was hurt in this - why no win no fee here? big money isnt it.... are they just clueless to how things work?

I'm an ex fireman and honestly i dread to think what the services have to go through here dealing with this constant onslaught of insanity. The stats last time i looked was around 30 near fatal incidents per day (nationwide) on thai roads in 2018

I have never seen worse driving anywhere in my 50 years and honestly it makes me cringe just watching them try and attempt to use their vehicles... its a bit like when you let your boy drive your car and you are all nervous he might scratch it just here you have no emotional attachment to the strangers driving like mindless morons often intoxicated with no concern to anyone elses life while they proudly display the signs of their faith - a faith that promotes mindfulness, awareness and empathy and forbids headlessness, vanity and intolerance to others - how ironic.

They are 'rude drivers' and there are the local drivers ... its another level when you come here... I would love to see a reality show thai in ny or thai in la where they just take a thai over to a city with real road rules and some law of order (e.g a record and no win no fee lawsuits) and let them drive the car - they will be in serious hot water within too long it would be hilarious... who can produce it? Look on youtube for thai driver you will see the funniest clip compilations sadly some are actually fatal accidents - mai pen rai krub

On 5/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, HaleySabai said:

2am-4am is known as the "blood-hour" by the EMS guys

doesnt surprise me at all - i hear it every single day the ambulance (which no one even moves out the way for... why is this? do they not get someone could be dieing...? whats the karma for that... meh im just a grumpy old man i guess)

Archived