BANGKOK 17 June 2019 18:08
webfact

Surf’s up at Patong Beach

Surf’s up at Patong Beach

ebea5ddc4b5147420250a5b76d43b5aa.jpeg

The southwestern monsoon that hits Thailand's Andaman coastline this month is welcome news for the country's surfers, who will be out waxing their boards in anticipation of the surfing season that gets into full swing in May,  The Phuket Surf Fest 2019 will be held this year at Loma Park on Phuket’s Patong Beach from May 31 through June 2, 2019.

The ideal venue for 'endless summer' enthusiasts, this year’s Surf Fest features an expo, workshops on how to surf, a surf show by Thailand’s top national surfers, live music and more. For those not so keen to get wet there’s also a surfing photography workshop being organized by Canon and yoga-on-the-beach sessions.

All in all, the Surf Fest promises to be a great long weekend on the beach with plenty of activities on the sand and in the water. For more information, contact the TAT Phuket Office on Tel. 076-212213, 076-211036.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Travel_log/30369100

thenation_logo.jpg

Posted (edited)

If it ain't got a disgusting smoke belching diesel engine Thai males are lost...but the local beaches will always have ''Jet Ski Scammers'' same same but different

Edited by mok199

35 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

What a joke. Thailand surf fest. I have surfed all my life. I have been in the surf industry as a professional all my life. I have lived in phuket in part for past 12 years.  Why phuket, because its close to indonesia where there are thousands of miles of epic surfing .But the 1 thing i have never bothered to do is surf in phuket. Not once in 12 years.

What a bunch of kooks

Silly tat

Did you want TAT to promote Bali mate? Don,t get your criticism. It’s an event not a competition, as your in Phuket perhaps you could offer your expertise to the kids.

• Like 2

Isn't this the beach where everyone drowns? How's the quality of water? Sewage brown or plastic white? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I heard the Thais are making an artificial reef out of non-recycled plastics to get a better swell at Patong.

By the looks of it, most Thais going to the beach are chipping in to do their part.

• Thanks 1

The gurgling black water at the north end of the beach may present a few "obstacles"!!

• Like 1