Poll shows most Thais believe political division is insoluble

webfact

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Since always, Lanna, Laos, Issan, same people, same language.

Hmm, I think quite a few people up north would take issue with that statement. Some parts of issaan, yes ethnic Lao, not so much up north.

Considering the actual voting patterns, you will find that there are quite a few ethnic Thai that didn't vote pro junta either. It's not ethnic. 

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

Maybe a few facts could enlighten people here on this subject ( no critisicism of any poster intended either)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isan_people

That's North-east, I wasn't talking about the North east, I said up North. Think Chiang Mai-Chaing Rai, you are not going to tell me that Chiang Mai is suddenly part of issaan ?

People vote in a different way here, they vote purely on the individual, generally depending on how rich that individual is.

In uk I would vote for my local candidate for the 'x' party even if I thought he/she was an idiot in themselves.

Friend in Bangkok gave staff the day off to vote a few years ago and next day asked who did you vote for?

Answer voted for X.

Why him?

Answer, because he's very rich.

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

and a whole lot of us believe that too, if thais cannot govern themselves then maybe the Only viable alternative is authoritarianism

Colonialism would solve some issues. Unfortunately it'll be China.

Until they can hold honest democratic elections nothing will change, Australia just had their

federal election, the polling booths opened in the morning and closed in the evening, the results

were known around 5 hours later who had won, so how long has this stupid country been waiting for

a result, surely it doesnt take months to alter, rig voting slips in favour of the junta, or it must be close

so they had to go back and alter more so they get a bigger majority, i wonder if they changed big jokes slip to suppert for the junta??? Peace and justice and honesty will never happen, political unrest and military

intervention will always be a hindrance to true democracy. Tourism will really start to suffer more and more

in this country also, Thais are really sealing their own fate.

9 hours ago, MellowYellow101 said:

The US is one of the most politically divided and hate field nations right now, I can't see that country calming down any time soon. Not to mention the sheer level of racism there as well (racism in both directions) 

This post is about Thailand. Your miopic view of America questions your first hand experience living there or the ability to tell the difference between Thailand and the USA on a map.

22 hours ago, MellowYellow101 said:

The US is one of the most politically divided and hate field nations right now, I can't see that country calming down any time soon. Not to mention the sheer level of racism there as well (racism in both directions) 

And that has what to do with Thailand??

23 hours ago, MellowYellow101 said:

Hey, you win the dumbest post of the day award, congratulations!

Archived