Pro-army party in Thailand to cement deal to keep junta leader as PM - lawmaker

webfact

5 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Your supposition that the senate would appoint Prayuth PM without forming a majority government is just that, groundless supposition, and appears it will remain so.

Are you naive or just dishonest?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprise, surprise, surprise. The party that got the most votes forms a coalition.
Thailand does not have a popular vote. The party with the most sests should form a coalition.

Not to mention that the democrats promised their voters never to join this coalition... Two months from now this will all come crashing down, once again Prayuth steals the country from the Thai electorate, it is downright disgtaceful

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

keep licking boots

The economy of Australia is a large mixed-market economy, with a GDP of A$1.69 trillion as of 2017. ... Despite the recent decline in the mining sector, the Australian economy has remained resilient and stable and has not experienced a recession since July 1991

On Feb 7th 2012, my AU$ was worth THB33.21 (mid rate). I have transferred more money in this morning @ B22 (mid rate).  I actually received 21.89. Keep on telling me how well Australia is doing with housing prices dropping and more than one interest rate predicted, I need a good laugh.

Wait till you hear the one about coal exports.

5 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Thailand does not have a popular vote. The party with the most sests should form a coalition.

Not to mention that the democrats promised their voters never to join this coalition... Two months from now this will all come crashing down, once again Prayuth steals the country from the Thai electorate, it is downright disgtaceful

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Your lack of knowledge is amazing. The popular vote is what determines the number of party list candidates. ANY party is entitled to try to form a coalition. After the recent re-run, it is theoretically possible that FFP could form a coalition with all the minor parties and exclude both PTP and PPRP. 

3 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

1/ A common statement by losers, it must be rigged.

2/ the NEW Thai system is designed to eradicate the first past the post, winner takes all system, and to make every vote count. The party with the highest number of votes has just as much right to form a government, if it can, as the party with the most MPs. It should be no surprise that some parties do not want to be associated with PTP given their history of blatant corruption and mismanagement.

BTW what do think caused the slump in GDP growth 2014/15? The junta were left with the task of cleaning up the mess of the rice scam, the result of a populist bribe to buy power.

Actually once again you are sadly mistaken. The previous system was a winner takes all system in the constituency and a popular vote (where every vote counted equally) in the party list system. Now people can only vote for the constituency, and there is a formula that is everything but democratic. PTP for instance, gained almost 8 million votes, yet in the 114 constituencies it did not outright win, it gained not enough votes for even a single party list seat, that is mathematically not possible. 

Every vote does not count now, or at the very least it doesn't count equally. Nothing to do with democracy. 

And no, there is not a single democracy in this world, where the party that holds the most seats in parliament is not the first party to form a coalition. As stated before Thailand does not have a popular vote system anymore, it's like saying that Trump should not be in the white house. After all, he didn't gain the most votes either...

3 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Your lack of knowledge is amazing. The popular vote is what determines the number of party list candidates. ANY party is entitled to try to form a coalition. After the recent re-run, it is theoretically possible that FFP could form a coalition with all the minor parties and exclude both PTP and PPRP. 

There is no popular vote, it has been abandoned. Try to keep up. ALL votes that were cast were votes for the constituency. And those votes are counted in such a way that PTP didn't gain a single party list seat, even though it gained almost 8 million votes, and lost 114 constituencies. Yet 11 smaller parties, whom practically no-one voted for, each were awarded a seat. Knowledge ? Get out of here, it is plain for everyone to see how this election and the counting of votes are utterly rigged. 

3 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

1/ A common statement by losers, it must be rigged.

2/ the NEW Thai system is designed to eradicate the first past the post, winner takes all system, and to make every vote count. The party with the highest number of votes has just as much right to form a government, if it can, as the party with the most MPs. It should be no surprise that some parties do not want to be associated with PTP given their history of blatant corruption and mismanagement.

BTW what do think caused the slump in GDP growth 2014/15? The junta were left with the task of cleaning up the mess of the rice scam, the result of a populist bribe to buy power.

Man your so funny it's unreal you probably realy do believe that was a fair election.
P.s. take a look at the results of the Chiang Mai re-election and tell me how that's fair.

Future Forward = 75,891 votes = 1 seat
Pala
ng Pracharat = 27,861 votes = 1 seat
Democrats = ??? votes = 1 seat

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1103048-future-forward-scores-landslide-win-in-chiang-mai’s-election-re-run/

It's a complete farce

54 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Man your so funny it's unreal you probably realy do believe that was a fair election.
P.s. take a look at the results of the Chiang Mai re-election and tell me how that's fair.

Future Forward = 75,891 votes = 1 seat
Pala
ng Pracharat = 27,861 votes = 1 seat
Democrats = ??? votes = 1 seat

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1103048-future-forward-scores-landslide-win-in-chiang-mai’s-election-re-run/

It's a complete farce

I'm sorry that you understand how the system works, but it is not my job to educate you. First thing to understand is that this re-run is not considered in isolation, but as part of the main election with effects on the party list allocation.

7 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

I'm sorry that you understand how the system works, but it is not my job to educate you. First thing to understand is that this re-run is not considered in isolation, but as part of the main election with effects on the party list allocation.

The arrogance is astonishing. How does the system work ? How could it be that PTP with almost 8 million votes was not awarded even a single party list vote. And what was wrong with the old system. Well I can answer the second question, with the old system, this coalition would not have been possible, and that is all that we need to know. As the poster you responded too already said, a complete farce. 

20 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

The arrogance is astonishing. How does the system work ? How could it be that PTP with almost 8 million votes was not awarded even a single party list vote. And what was wrong with the old system. Well I can answer the second question, with the old system, this coalition would not have been possible, and that is all that we need to know. As the poster you responded too already said, a complete farce. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed-member_proportional_representation

48 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Yea a system designed only for one purpose to allow the Junta to cling on to power and there's a long list of other irregularities.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

What's the purpose of providing a link to the MMP electoral system. Sure you know or maybe not that the system adopted here is the MMA electoral system.

The system used is a variant of MMP. Do you have a link to MMA?   If you do, do something constructive and post it.

5 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

The system used is a variant of MMP. Do you have a link to MMA?   If you do, do something constructive and post it.

Now that you post the MMP system, the discrepancies and the blatant cheating by the EC are more clear. The eligibility for party lists are calculated based on a minimum percentage of total party vote OR NO candidates will be elected from party list.

In Germany the threshold is 5%. New Zealand 3% and in countries that adopt the MMP, party must win 3 constituency seats in German and 1 seat in NZ to be eligible. In Thailand, 71,065 votes was the initial calculation suggested in the constitution.

The EC made a mockery of the system awarding party list to parties that could not even win half of the votes in the constitution and none won constituency seat. Hope that the information is constructive for you to learn about the deceit of the EC. 

There are little linkage to the MMA system because it is little used but I have a gem for you.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/MMA-challenges-fairness-of-elections-30272058.html

30 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Now that you post the MMP system, the discrepancies and the blatant cheating by the EC are more clear. The eligibility for party lists are calculated based on a minimum percentage of total party vote OR NO candidates will be elected from party list.

In Germany the threshold is 5%. New Zealand 3% and in countries that adopt the MMP, party must win 3 constituency seats in German and 1 seat in NZ to be eligible. In Thailand, 71,065 votes was the initial calculation suggested in the constitution.

The EC made a mockery of the system awarding party list to parties that could not even win half of the votes in the constitution and none won constituency seat. Hope that the information is constructive for you to learn about the deceit of the EC. 

There are little linkage to the MMA system because it is little used but I have a gem for you.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/MMA-challenges-fairness-of-elections-30272058.html

Oh, you don't like it. Boo Hoo, cry me a river. 

Some troll posts and replies have been removed..

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed:

6 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Your lack of knowledge is by far the most amazing

The popular vote does not determine the number of party list seats.

Pheu Thai won the second most votes - 7,881, 006 and received exactly ZERO party list seats. 

To repeat, your lack of knowledge.........amazing.

The democratically elected army junta dictatorship, has quite a nice ring to it. Luckily for thailand, alot of the world is leaning right and have very few morals. Brazil, US, UK, Italy, France, India, Turkey , Poland, majority of ASEAN, most of the middle east and the list goes on. Also, a Chinese government who'll trade with anyone no matter what as long as China can expand it's empire. More than trading partners in the world for Thailand regardless of which reprobate runs the country.

4 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

So what's the calculation for calculating party list seats then?

19 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

The democratically elected army junta dictatorship, has quite a nice ring to it. Luckily for thailand, alot of the world is leaning right and have very few morals. Brazil, US, UK, Italy, France, India, Turkey , Poland, majority of ASEAN, most of the middle east and the list goes on. Also, a Chinese government who'll trade with anyone no matter what as long as China can expand it's empire. More than trading partners in the world for Thailand regardless of which reprobate runs the country.

Thailand will be fine. It will move ahead like it has been doing for decades. Tourists keep coming and the economy is ticking over nicely. Khun Prayuth will continue to lead at least until 2026 .... which is fine by me because I would sooner have him there than any of those other clowns.

6 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

The point is, there is no second  vote.... It has been ABANDONED. Members of the Thai electorate cast a single vote. 

Instead of wasting everyone's time, maybe it is time to educate yourself and get up to speed with how the election in Thailand actually work. The link you posted was relevant in 2011's elections, it isn't relevant now.

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm wondering whether the recent vacancy at the palace might tempt him away from the PM job.

No, Prayuth is an Eastern Tiger and their power/influence is declining.  Surely a member of the Wongthewan faction would be a more favored replacement.

8 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Just a Question  "does gen fatty still get the defense ministry"  he is not an MP nor elected official 

None of the mid-size parties joining the junta coalition pressed for the position of defence and interior minister. Prawit and Anupong will stay in their portfolio respectively and they need not be elected like Prayut who will be PM. This is a sick situation and nothing really change with the 3 Ps in key ministries. 

Archived