Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 13:05
webfact

German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Totally against attacking anyone, of any faith,  but I do favour "when in Rome". Here I do many things as it's 'here' and if I went to Israel and was visiting a synagogue I would wear what was required to appease the locals.

 

Do you demand the same of say, Muslims? Sikhs? Buddhists? Is this "when in Rome" thing actually applied world wide? Do you actually get it that the Jews, in this instance are locals?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Just because they are Jews"? Are Jews behaving just like everybody else? Are there differences between Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews? Yes. Not everybody likes Muslims and it seems that is acceptable for many. So why is it not acceptable that some people don't like some Jews? We are not all the same. That is of course not a reason to fight each other. But pretending there are no differences and no reason is unrealistic.

 

Do tell, just how are Jews behaving differently? Or, for that matter, how do members of other religions act distinctively differently? Not liking is one thing, attacking those one doesn't like is another. And while at it - what is that "reason" you're alluding to - your post doesn't actually say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morch said:

 

Do tell, just how are Jews behaving differently? Or, for that matter, how do members of other religions act distinctively differently? Not liking is one thing, attacking those one doesn't like is another. And while at it - what is that "reason" you're alluding to - your post doesn't actually say.

Look at money lending over the centuries. That's what Jews did because Christians were not allowed to do it by their religion.

And as far as I know Jews are still a big part of the banking world.

But I don't really know because I don't really care about religion.

 

But sometimes there is a strong connection between religion and people's behavior. Israel is an example, Saudi Arabia is another one. And the USA is full of Christians who seem to read just one book and ignore anything that was published after the bible.

 

My point is: If Muslims blow up buildings then nobody should be surprised if many people don't like Muslims in general. And if Jews kill innocent Palestinians and suppress them all the time then nobody should be surprised that they are also not liked.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Morch said:

Here's a link to a (long, be warned) article from the New York Times, giving a more in-depth analysis:

 

The New German Anti-Semitism

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/magazine/anti-semitism-germany.html

 

 

This is an excellent (but very long) article. Thank you for posting it. Anyone that is sincerely interested in this topic should read it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racist post removed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BangkokBaksida said:

"Just for starters, Jews have used their money (through AIPAC) to more or less totally take control of the government of my country, the US.  Here is an excellent book on the subject, written by a former US Congressman, that you can read online for free.  This book was written decades ago, so the control of the US by Jews has only gotten worse since then"

 

How does this view square with Trump occupying the Oval Office, and having the support of a sizeable chunk of the US population? Trump doesn't seem to be in thrall to "the Jews".

 

"In a speech before the Republican Jewish Coalition in April (2019), he said that recently reelected Benjamin Netanyahu was "your prime minister." Instead of implying dual loyalty, he all but said Jews aren't actually Americans at all, because they have single loyalty to Israel." 

https://theweek.com/articles/835714/what-donald-trump-said-about-jews

 

As for the yarmulke: seems like a lot of fuss about a very small hat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

"Just because they are Jews"? Are Jews behaving just like everybody else? Are there differences between Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews? Yes. Not everybody likes Muslims and it seems that is acceptable for many. So why is it not acceptable that some people don't like some Jews? We are not all the same. That is of course not a reason to fight each other. But pretending there are no differences and no reason is unrealistic.

Your post sums it up very well.

The counter-arguments are feeble and unconvincing.

The history of these hapless people is tragic in the extreme.

Persecutions and expulsions began in Egypt and Mesopotamia long before the start of our era and continue to the present day. 

Not being able to wear their kippas in public is among the least of the indignities that they've been subjected to.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, ezzra said:

Nothing has changed over the last 2000 years where jews were persecuted, demonised, slaughtered, waged war upon them by mighty armies, over and over, exiled from their homeland numerous times just because they are Jews, and now in the US and other countries there's a resurrections of anti jewish sentiments, can anyone say why? no, not really, when the world need to hate someone, there are always the jews for it...

Why? That is the question never asked.  That the Jews have been persecuted, demonized and slaughtered over and over again as you say is never in question only the reason why.  What is the common denominator that Jews have that transcends thousands of years, hundreds of countries and just about every culture they come in contact with to treat them this way? They can't always be the victim.  

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Morch said:

 

Do you demand the same of say, Muslims? Sikhs? Buddhists? Is this "when in Rome" thing actually applied world wide? Do you actually get it that the Jews, in this instance are locals?

Yes.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, griffon2011 said:

Why? That is the question never asked.  That the Jews have been persecuted, demonized and slaughtered over and over again as you say is never in question only the reason why.  What is the common denominator that Jews have that transcends thousands of years, hundreds of countries and just about every culture they come in contact with to treat them this way? They can't always be the victim.  

You are of course correct.  But when I tried to answer your question, my comment was censored - as "racist".  Censorship does not solve the problem.  Only discussion can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2019 at 11:32 AM, Morch said:

 

As a counterpoint to the expected counterpoint, may want to read up on how the affiliation of perpetrators is determined and how undecided/unclear cases are labeled. There's plenty of data tossed about regarding percentages and attributing blame, enough to fit almost any narrative. Kinda doubt that politics aren't part of how things parceled. Pretty much as these things go on TVF topics.

I've been following this thread (although not posting as I'm neither German or Jewish) - but this is the best post I've seen on this thread to date.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BangkokBaksida said:

You are of course correct.  But when I tried to answer your question, my comment was censored - as "racist".  Censorship does not solve the problem.  Only discussion can.

We're supposed to trust you that it wasn't racist? :stoner:

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...