BANGKOK 17 July 2019 21:29
webfact

German Jews warned not to wear kippas after rise in anti-Semitism

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Morch said:

I wouldn't know that outright antisemitism or actively engaging in such is pervasive in most societies. With latent antisemitism, maybe different. So "relatively few" would probably apply regardless of which general group is referenced. It would perhaps be more to the point analyzing engagement in such activities relative to community size. I think that from this angle, both new immigrants and third generation (or even second) immigrants will be over represented. Further, I think that it is relatively easy for these sort of views to take hold among long term immigrants.

I do remember my mother being very anti Semitic as were many of her generation, but strangely she paid for me to attend a private grammar school whose students were nearly all Jewish - LOL

According to a BBC (?) report in this topic Antisemitism is also embedded to a degree in the local 'white' population in Germany. Not surprising as traditionally a far right ideology which not until fairly recently has switched to another 'other'. As an example no doubt you will recall some leaders of AdF were removed to make the party more palatable to the general public in order to focus on Muslims, same with le Pen's political party, due to their anti Semitism.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe it shouldn't be a criminal offense, but it sure is despicable. 

Disappointing is a better word to use for the fact that you cannot discuss the H word in many countries.  Despicable is shooting unarmed protesters with no repercussions. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the rise of antisemitism in germany, france, sweden is clearly ascribed to be imported from the middle east, north africa etc... for example malmoe, goetenborg

a special phenomena in german  criminal statistics antisemite attacks will be automatically ascribed to right wing groups if the perpetrator cannot be traced, leading to distortion.

wbr

roobaa01

I don't like giving you air by replying due to your support for right wing extremist ideology. Again I ask you not to reply to my posts - respect my request

• Like 1

An offensive post has been reported and removed. 

An off topic post and a reply has been removed. 

3 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I didn’t mean to equate anti-semitism as a purely Nazi phenomenon, but mention it as the example to some to mind because of its highly organized and egregious nature and the immense scale of it.

Anti jewish sentiment in the muslim world is of course not monolithic. It no doubt varies in severity and conspiratorialness depending on country, which muslim sect, and geographical proximity to Israel, among other factors. What I’d like to know is: has any authority on the subject written clearly about the view of jews in the muslim or Arab world, because I’d very much like to read up on it.

One of the problems posed by the Nazis, is that they set a rather high standard with regard to antisemitism. Many instances aren't deemed "serious" because they pale in comparison.

As per your question, there's plenty of writing on the subject - with the caveat that it's a loaded issue, so definitive views aren't exactly a hallmark. And "authority" is also somewhat subjective. There were some Wikipedia reviews linked on previous (deleted) posts with extensive source lists. Not too hard to find.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:45 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

quote from the BBC article "Physical attacks against Jews in Germany also rose in the same period, with 62 violent incidents recorded, up from 37 in 2017."

That is a 67% increase in physical attacks against Jews in just 1 year. Absolutely shocking. What on earth has been happening in Germany for this culture of violence and hatred to be flourishing like this??

Who are they arresting for these incidents?  If nobody, I would tell them to hide their identity too.  I suspect open border migration from Muslim countries is the issue.  It does correlate.  Blaming the far right who have been around for a long time and they are suddenly acting out on their anti-semitism is a stretch.  The left will stop at nothing to gain power and since they are masters of projection, they are projecting these incidents on far-right people.

1 hour ago, brycspain said:

Who are they arresting for these incidents?  If nobody, I would tell them to hide their identity too.  I suspect open border migration from Muslim countries is the issue.  It does correlate.  Blaming the far right who have been around for a long time and they are suddenly acting out on their anti-semitism is a stretch.  The left will stop at nothing to gain power and since they are masters of projection, they are projecting these incidents on far-right people.

Open border migration? Really?