Samsung developer mode on old smart TV?

WorriedNoodle

Anyone using Samsung developer mode on an older Samsung smart TV? We have a 2012 model that has an app store on the Samsung Hub that is mostly useless. Cannot even watch YouTube as the YouTube app is discontinued and working it through the built in web browser is beyond a joke. 

I came across this video on how to get YouTube using 3rd party apps in developer mode. Unfortunately its in Russian but has an English language option. Its not great but unbelievably better that using Samsung alone. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwhq7yDyDzM&feature=youtu.be

** Therefore my question is can anyone suggest similar developer apps that are entirely English language based if there are any at all? 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:43 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

** Therefore my question is can anyone suggest similar developer apps that are entirely English language based if there are any at all? 

Obviously not. Anyway I'm making do with Fork.tv developer addon for the old Smart TV for now. More Russian but lots of English as well. Can do Youtube and also any IPTV service you might choose for free with EPG, so no need to pay fro Smart IPTV an on either. 

Archived