Tenant left toilet like this - landlady reckons he never cleaned once in 9 years!

webfact

Tenant left toilet like this - landlady reckons he never cleaned once in 9 years!

5pm.jpg

Caption: How can they live like this?

A landlady went online to share her experience of a tenant who left after renting her room in Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok for nine years. 

He said he had left the key with security and needed his deposit back. 

Nathalie Ruangdet went round to check up. Most of the flat was reasonable but the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in nine years, she said. 

She said that the tenant was a clean and respectable guy - sometimes he didn't pay on time but he often paid three months in one go.

Apart from this he was a good and long term tenant.

Sanook did not contact her to see if she had returned his deposit. 

The said that many people commented on the story hoping that this would not happen to them. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-27

60575639_10216937173276038_8487412910895661056_n_1558830229.jpg
Pictures: Sanook
60826133_10216937172516019_2496989738448191488_n_1558830230.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are so disgusting and have no respect for other peoples property let alone for themselves but why didn't the landlord evict early on to avoid this problem was there no inspections done .

Just now, steven100 said:

I hope it wasn't one of those expat english teachers from the UK or around.  I believe some of them live around that area.

shit house needs a good clean.

You can be sure if it was a farang it would of been reported . 

Just now, BritManToo said:

So the landlord never offered to redecorate the apartment in 9 years?

Nope . Only thing she done was check her bank account to see if the rent had been paid . 9 year Tennant is about as good as it gets !  

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So the landlord never offered to redecorate the apartment in 9 years?

I stayed in the same place for over 10 yrs and always kept the place clean and tidy. If anything ever broke or needed replacing, i'd just let them know and it was taken care of. Left the place spotless and got my deposit back straight away, no questions asked. It's respect for other peoples property ...

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I hope it wasn't one of those expat english teachers from the UK or around.  I believe some of them live around that area.

shit house needs a good clean.

Yea, there have been reports of sightings of english teachers from the UK or around scavenging for food around the bins and in the local vegetation. Maybe one of them burrowed inside the apartment and did this. 

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he had left the key with security and needed his deposit back

She should have told him to go and scrape his deposits off the floor and walls.

17 minutes ago, steven100 said:

he probably left in a hurry because his visa expired

he certainly is a thai people ;

a friend of mine did the same with a house he owns;

The Thai woman who rented her house left her in a terrible state.
Pipes torn in the bathroom, almost all the electrical installation of the house to remake ..
And it was not for 9 years, only 18 months ..:annoyed:

9 years and this is what? A 500-1000 cleaning fee? Polish that terd up and rent it back out, dont see much of an issue. Plus it sounds like she got to keep the full deposit.

Moral of the story, even worst case scenario it is great to be a landlord. 

Some people think that being a landlord it's about checking your bank account to see the rent being deposited there... far from it, having to buy the place, pay the maintenance fees and insurance and rent''s tax and having to deal with less the savoury people who wreck your place and turn it into a pig sty and do a runner, i just hope that the deposit that this guy had with the landlord be enough to cover the clean up...

Sometimes greedy apartment / condo owners do not give back the tenant’s deposit no matter what. -So maybe this tenant figured to leave it a mess. 

During the 14 years I have been in Thailand, I have rented from four different buildings and one has only returned by full deposit back though I leave the place in immaculate condition. Some landlords will make up some excuse to not give a full refund back in order to keep the money. 

Archived