Tenant left toilet like this - landlady reckons he never cleaned once in 9 years!

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, essox essox said:

why didn't the landlord carry out MONTHLY checks on said property ??????????????????

Why would they? I've been staying in the same apartment for over 8 years and not even once the landlord - an educated guy with a doctor title - made the effort to come and check. If he would have asked me to see the place every month, I'd probably have moved out already.

I'm sure dirty backpacker on overstay, and then rents the room to his druggie friends for 100 baht a night, eat vegan food, and every 178 days they have the worst, worst explosive diarrhea and they have no money to buy towels.  I won't say which country, but definitely NOT American.  Americans have the nicest houses, best-looking bathrooms, and even poor people can get a million-dollar mortgage.  word.  Rolls Royce all day 

31 minutes ago, XenZen said:

I'm sure dirty backpacker on overstay, and then rents the room to his druggie friends for 100 baht a night, eat vegan food, and every 178 days they have the worst, worst explosive diarrhea and they have no money to buy towels.  I won't say which country, but definitely NOT American.  Americans have the nicest houses, best-looking bathrooms, and even poor people can get a million-dollar mortgage.  word.  Rolls Royce all day 

You have obviously never been to any ghettos in nearly every city in the country . Houses where I wouldn’t even put pigs in . 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the landlord never offered to redecorate the apartment in 9 years?

I've not seen or heard from my landlady in 7 years (and that's the way I like it).  I keep the place clean and if anything needs fixing I get it done rather than bothering her.   
Even when I've been 2 months behind on the rent she still hasn't come knocking.   

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Typical Thai slum. Probably looked exactly the same when the guy moved in 9 years ago.

Have you ever been to or lived in Ramkhamhaeng? Wife and I renting nice reasonably priced condo there. The neighborhood is as clean and well kept as my hometown of Portland Oregon (a clean place, or was when I lived there).

Few Westerners there, mostly either University or perhaps couple of Christian orgs. Hard to find a bar (not that I look for them). Real people with real jobs leading real lives. Oh, good percentage of Muslims too.

If you want to find trashed places, follow where farangs go, such as Pattaya

3 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Have you ever been to or lived in Ramkhamhaeng? Wife and I renting nice reasonably priced condo there. The neighborhood is as clean and well kept as my hometown of Portland Oregon (a clean place, or was when I lived there).

Few Westerners there, mostly either University or perhaps couple of Christian orgs. Hard to find a bar (not that I look for them). Real people with real jobs leading real lives. Oh, good percentage of Muslims too.

If you want to find trashed places, follow where farangs go, such as Pattaya

so will there be toilets like that in Pattaya ....  ?

Just now, Pedrogaz said:

This is the problem with renting.....people have no sympathy for landlords....but sometimes they get the rotten end of the stick. 

The tenant was worse than a pig.

I'd be OK if he had paid me 9 years of rent payments, nothing there that can't be fixed with 5,000bht or less.

4 hours ago, essox essox said:

why didn't the landlord carry out MONTHLY checks on said property ??????????????????

Since when do most landlords do that?  I've been in my condo for almost 11 years now and have only seen the landlord twice, once when the aircon was being replaced (by her) and once when some kitchen units were replaced (at her cost also).

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I hope it wasn't one of those expat english teachers from the UK or around.  I believe some of them live around that area.

shit house needs a good clean.

What have you got against English teachers?

In my experience, it's usually sex pats that need to insult others to raise their own low self-esteem.

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

oh .....  are you saying Pattaya is trash  ?  :shock1:

I live about half time at each. Yes, lack of maintenance, basic garbage service in public areas, waste water treatment, Beach "improvements",  seems everyone and their cousin  would rather work some hustle than do honest work. I like staying there for limited time, but yeah, it is trash.

after 9 years of reliable rent the landlord can splurge and pay 300 baht for someone to clean the toilet. big deal, the place needs a cleaning anyway as well as new paint.

i have had tenants that #smoked shisha that left a yellow tinge on every surface and sofa required major cleanup.  # local hi-so student that flooded the bedroom destroying the new condition wood floor and moldings # microwave gone #shower door dismantled

i would have gladly chosen a dirty bathroom only to clean.

Archived