Tenant left toilet like this - landlady reckons he never cleaned once in 9 years!

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the landlord never offered to redecorate the apartment in 9 years?

...and the landlord obviously didn't inspect the property every few months.

31 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Have you ever been to or lived in Ramkhamhaeng? Wife and I renting nice reasonably priced condo there. The neighborhood is as clean and well kept as my hometown of Portland Oregon (a clean place, or was when I lived there).

Few Westerners there, mostly either University or perhaps couple of Christian orgs. Hard to find a bar (not that I look for them). Real people with real jobs leading real lives. Oh, good percentage of Muslims too.

If you want to find trashed places, follow where farangs go, such as Pattaya

Ramkhamhaeng was the biggest S hole that i ever lived in Bangkok. But, each to their own i guess! 

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Someone told him that excrement on the walls acted as a mosquito repellent. Dirty boy!

That's not sh1t, it's 9 years of dirty water spraying around the bathroom from the shower, sink & flushing the toilet.

Obviously the tenant never purchased a mop or a toilet brush!

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

You have obviously never been to any ghettos in nearly every city in the country . Houses where I wouldn’t even put pigs in . 

I've been to every ghetto.  Tell me which one I haven't been to.  

You have never been outside your mom's house.  

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I hope it wasn't one of those expat english teachers from the UK or around.  I believe some of them live around that area.

No, if the tenant was from the UK then the bathroom probably wouldn't have been used...

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A landlady went online to share her experience of a tenant who left after renting her room in Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok for nine years. 

So in nine years she never checked on her property either !!!

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the landlord never offered to redecorate the apartment in 9 years?

Thats what i was thinking, did she just sit back for 9 years and count the rent money.

surely she would have at least checked the premises once a year, serves her right.

(nothing that a gurnie and 10 litres of bleach wouldnt fix, as long as it was super powerful)

20 minutes ago, exemplary21 said:

No, if the tenant was from the UK then the bathroom probably wouldn't have been used...

Quite right old bean!

We Britishers don't do anything vulgar like pooping.

That's for the Johnny Foreigner.

:cheesy:

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

I hope it wasn't one of those expat english teachers from the UK or around.  I believe some of them live around that area.

shit house needs a good clean.

Right. They say the safest place to hide your money from a Yorkshireman is under the soap.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

shit house needs a good clean.

And, please pray tell, which gloriously perfect ultra wonderful country where all toilets are sparklingly hygeinic do you come from?

Why would you lock on to Brits?

Have yo,u ever been to any other country where toilets like this can be seen in any city, town or hovel.

Have you ever seen the inside of Thai toilets in other people's homes? Or on TV, never heard the stories about filthy disgusting toilets in your own country?

6 hours ago, essox essox said:

why didn't the landlord carry out MONTHLY checks on said property ??????????????????

It looks like about a 2500baht per month (or less) place. Nobody runs around for that sort of rental, certainly not monthly.

I have been watching some programs on UK TV dealing with the problems landlords experience trying to evict tenants and due due to the legislation it can take up to a year even when they cease paying rent.

The state of many of the premises were appalling this woman is lucky as in one of the programs the toilet was stolen

I am not suggesting that it is any worse in the UK than other countries just that they are the programs I can access.

I've lived in 5 different buildings during my 8 years stay in Thaiand and never had a single problem with any of my landlords. I respected them, they respected me. Kept the place nice and clean and always got my full deposit back.

I think in Thailand when you act fine, you'll be treated fine. Or maybe I've just been lucky so far!

Archived