Tenant left toilet like this - landlady reckons he never cleaned once in 9 years!

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, keith101 said:

Some people are so disgusting and have no respect for other peoples property let alone for themselves but why didn't the landlord evict early on to avoid this problem was there no inspections done .

Correct. 90 or 180 day inspections would have fixed that literally years ago.  Obviously not a Farang or it would have been in caps and underlined. I am a landlord but nit here and my properties "over thete" are insoected every 90 days.  The insurance policies now demand it because of meth cooking risks.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What have you got against English teachers?

In my experience, it's usually sex pats that need to insult others to raise their own low self-esteem.

no ...nothing against english teachers ... and if you are of that occupation then good luck.

I just mention it because I do know and have seen many in that area obviously because of the UNI and schools. I don't consider it an insult as I just said I hope it isn't ...

15 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Correct. 90 or 180 day inspections would have fixed that literally years ago.  Obviously not a Farang or it would have been in caps and underlined. I am a landlord but nit here and my properties "over thete" are insoected every 90 days.  The insurance policies now demand it because of meth cooking risks.

My landlord on Sukhumvit didn't ask or come once in 12 years ....

I guess it's how they define the individual.

6 hours ago, XenZen said:

I'm sure dirty backpacker on overstay, and then rents the room to his druggie friends for 100 baht a night, eat vegan food, and every 178 days they have the worst, worst explosive diarrhea and they have no money to buy towels.  I won't say which country, but definitely NOT American.  Americans have the nicest houses, best-looking bathrooms, and even poor people can get a million-dollar mortgage.  word.  Rolls Royce all day 

Very funny. 

27 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Unbelievable that insurance would be concerned about meth cooking individuals.  

11 hours ago, keith101 said:

Some people are so disgusting and have no respect for other peoples property let alone for themselves but why didn't the landlord evict early on to avoid this problem was there no inspections done .

For chrissakes, the guy paid rent on time for 9 years.  Contrast that with the typical succession of deadbeats.  Clean the place up and stop complaining!  Some people will complain about anything.  They never see the good side of anything, only the bad..

5 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post containing profanity has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

I just come now to delete some. sorry,

21 minutes ago, The Preacher said:

For chrissakes, the guy paid rent on time for 9 years.  Contrast that with the typical succession of deadbeats.  Clean the place up and stop complaining!  Some people will complain about anything.  They never see the good side of anything, only the bad..

It's irreverent whether he stayed 9 years or 29 years. He left the property looking like a kings cross disco bathroom. Was he brought up to leave other peoples property in this state ?

I hope not.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

It's irreverent whether he stayed 9 years or 29 years. He left the property looking like a kings cross disco bathroom. Was he brought up to leave other peoples property in this state ?

I hope not.

I know you mean irrelevant but it would surprise you the disregard people have for rented properties.

UK boss I once had had rented a really nice house with two front lawns and really nice borders with nice plants etc.

A year after he had been there I went around to pick him up as his car was in for service.

The garden was a jungle about a metre high and a total mess.

I just sort of mentioned it and he said 'not my garden, why should I give a f---'

I just said ok.

13 hours ago, monkeycu said:

It looks like the poor tenant had a slight problem with his aim.

Well in the middle of the night the toilet and sink (and wall) all look the same. He obviously didn't have a nightlight in there. ???? 

6 hours ago, Bundooman said:

And, please pray tell, which gloriously perfect ultra wonderful country where all toilets are sparklingly hygeinic do you come from?

Why would you lock on to Brits?

Have yo,u ever been to any other country where toilets like this can be seen in any city, town or hovel.

Have you ever seen the inside of Thai toilets in other people's homes? Or on TV, never heard the stories about filthy disgusting toilets in your own country?

He was just making a joke Bundoo. Nothing to get upset over.

Not bashing Thais but I had a number of units built for my wife for future income for her. Where we live the unit pretty much get the lowest of the lowest when it comes to income earned. To get them rented she pretty much take what comes and cross her fingers.  

Majority of the tenants do the best they can to pay on time each month my criteria is as long as they don't have 20 bottles of Leo outside their door each month being a bit late I don't I keep out of the business. 

My business is when they leave to turn them around as fast as I can and get them rented out again. When I do the place is painted if necessary and clean from top to bottom and all fixture repair or replaced all done by myself.

Through the years I have learned to smell a rat who is going to run out in the middle of the night in not paying. Even when they don't many leave the place with their personal trash, light fixture broken, even light bulbs are removed, door knobs are missing or broken the list goes on and on.  Many times the cooking looks like the picture we see if not worse, bathroom not as bad only once in ten years have I seen one of my bathroom worse than the picture shown. I told my son I give you and your friends a 1000 baht to go clean it up they all shook their heads. I pretty much put on my haz-mat suit and went in for the end myself.  

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Typical Thai slum. Probably looked exactly the same when the guy moved in 9 years ago.

How many Thai slums have you visited?

I thought you lived in an ivory tower in Jomtien avoiding all contact with the indiginous

savages.

16 hours ago, monkeycu said:

It looks like the poor tenant had a slight problem with his aim.

My Dad said he saw a notice in a restroom, "We aim to please, you please aim, too."  The other one was "In case of air raid, jump in here.  It hasn't been hit yet".

"He said he had left the key with security and needed his deposit back."  You want that deposit up the back end?

11 hours ago, XenZen said:

I've been to every ghetto.  Tell me which one I haven't been to.  

You have never been outside your mom's house.  

What are you 15 ? Some of the biggest Hovels on earth are in America . Im sure the trailer park you come from is a rat hole . The section 8 housing your sister and Demarcus and their 5 adhd/rabid kids share is  im sure a delightful crack den . 

5 hours ago, shy coconut said:

How many Thai slums have you visited?

I thought you lived in an ivory tower in Jomtien avoiding all contact with the indiginous

savages.

I've seen a fair few over the years, particularly when I was viewing a lot of condos. I always prefer to avoid them though.

Even ivory towers are not immune, and at the same time I have seen some very nice units in buildings that look to be complete dives at first glance.

19 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Unbelievable that insurance would be concerned about meth cooking individuals.  

In some countries it has invoked draconian steps before the place can ever be let again, if it hasn't burned down......... And yes the authorities will know.   In my country, even people using meth, (P, Ya Ba etc), used to close the place down for serious cleaning which usually at least included replacing all floor & wall covers, curtains, cooker etc etc.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, DingDongLing said:

Why are you guys talking about landlords doing checks on another mans apartment?  Esp if he is not there

make an appointment ! do a check every 3 months when the tenant is in, that way you know it will be cleaned at least every 3  months. As in the real world.

Archived