BANGKOK 21 July 2019 18:07

I've taken to drinking soda water with a splash of pomelo juice, usually with a giant ice cube.  I now drink 3-5 bottles (330ml) per day coz it's so damn hot in CM.  I need the liquid and that much beer = not good. 

Bloke told me excess soda water was detrimental to my health but he gave no authority to such a statement. How can soda water harm me?  A bit of CO2 gas in my belly is nothing, otherwise it's plain water, highly overpriced and packed in heavy glass bottles which themselves are a nuisance to toss.

Anyone here drinking lots of soda and any negative reports?

What else to drink in this hellish heat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mainly drink cold bottled water with a dash of pure lemon or lime juice, very refreshing. I don't like the after taste of soda water, although carbonated water is fine, but hard to find sometimes. 

• Like 2

I would not worry about it too much no real proof about it so far. 

Besides if the alternative is beer then this is a lot better. 

I bought some rehydration packages on Iherb, just for the taste of it they are only like 10 calories a drink so that is not much at all but it taste a lot better then just water. Might be an option.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Emergen-C-Electro-Mix-Electrolyte-Replacement-Drink-Mix-Natural-Lemon-Lime-30-Packets-0-14-oz-4-g-Each/17246

Its great for me as i cant drink water alone I wish i could this works for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Not true in respect of carbonated water, called club soda un the US.  See article below.

it is important to keep hydrated most of all. Carbonated water is fine - it's the additives that cause issues.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-of-water

You've lost me,

Carbonated (sparkling) water is water that has been infused with carbon dioxide gas. Is it bad for you, or good? This article looks at the evidence.

Too much is not good.

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I would not worry about it too much no real proof about it so far. 

Besides if the alternative is beer then this is a lot better. 

I bought some rehydration packages on Iherb, just for the taste of it they are only like 10 calories a drink so that is not much at all but it taste a lot better then just water. Might be an option.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Emergen-C-Electro-Mix-Electrolyte-Replacement-Drink-Mix-Natural-Lemon-Lime-30-Packets-0-14-oz-4-g-Each/17246

Its great for me as i cant drink water alone I wish i could this works for me.

I drink simular to that dehydration pack with soda water 😄

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Of course i realise it, but it has almost no calories and it tastes good has some minerals in it so its great. It keeps me from drinking things that are far worse. I am not sure what your problem is with man made. 

My opinion is simple perfection is nice but if its not sustainable (for me drinking just water or juicing limes is not sustainable) then don't go for it. Its better to take something that you can keep drinking and you like then going for the best (just water) but getting bored of it and falling back on sugary drinks. 

I have a similar opinion about exercise, better to something then nothing even if its not the best there is. Consistency over a long period will yield results.

For me taking this prevents me from taking, the sugary drinks. If i try to replace the sugary drinks with water ill get bored and go back to the sugary drinks. 

Ok, but I would prefer personally to drink natural lime juice with water over chemicals made in a factory. My water comes from a borehole (water tested) and has plenty of mineral content.

My drink is totally sustainable as I grow the limes. I don't really get your point on 'sustainability' in this context.

I totally agree with you on the sugary drinks and have quit them a while ago. The sugar-free alternatives are just as bad for you.

BTW your lemon & lime drinks contain sugar but you know that.