Soda water: how many per day?

I read 9 health websites every day and am familiar with the issue of "soda water" and I looked at most of the stuff written.   Make sure you are reading articles that do not have an agenda behind their info.

If you are drinking soda waters like Chang or Singha I would suggest cutting back and upgrade to sparkling water which has some minerals and no salt.

Low-quality salt is usually added to regular soda water.   https://draxe.com/sparkling-water/

The easiest way to get minerals is to drink a half teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt with water (make sure it tastes good) and get the 84 trace minerals within.   I have been drinking daily upon arising for 15 years with numerous health benefits and especially to counter acidity and assist in elimination. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it very difficult to stay hydrated. I don't like soda water because it hurts my teeth. Tonic water is OK, but not too much.

Too much water makes me feel ill. In fact, the last doctor I went to said I was allergic to water and to stay away from it.

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It's the additives in other 'soda drinks', not carbonated water. 

Not necessarily - the carbonated water drinks variously referred to as 'soda water' usually have a small amount of sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, potassium citrate,  potassium sulfate, or disodium phosphate, depending on the product. 

I found one study that looked into the possible effects of such carbonated water on tooth enamel, written by researchers at the University of Birmingham Dental School. They found that although, depending on the product, some soda waters and mineral waters could potentially have a very small erosive effect on tooth enamel (much, much less than comparable acidic drinks) in general, they:

appear to offer a safe alternative to more erosive acidic beverages and their complex mineral ion compositions may positively influence any dissolution processes at the tooth surface.

Too much worry and concern.

We all know chicken broth is an elixir that cures all ailments.

So poultry is the answer to also quench your thirst....Wild Turkey with a few cues of ice. Health and coolness combined....sorted. ????

On 5/27/2019 at 10:22 AM, Kwasaki said:

Sure enough, I did a quick Internet search and found several websites warning that drinking carbonated water will leech calcium from your bones, causing osteoporosis. Others claimed that carbonated beverages can harm the enamel on your teeth, irritate your stomach, or even cause cancer.

I drink ice tea, ice coffee, water, water with a touch of soda sometimes, water with a drop of lemon cordial & beer. 

Try a nice ½ litre cold water without added fluoride, 1-2 tablespoons raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. After rinse mouth with just water if you're afraid your teeth will be effected lol.....1 take mine 6am 30 mins before breakfast....

I find water way too boring & mostly drink hot green tea. That green tea can be made super-strong and kept in the fridge to add water & ice to taste.

We mostly make these concentrates by bringing to a boil & leaving to cool: grated fresh ginger, dried lemongrass, dried roselle, dried butterfly pea, all readily available in the health food store.

Heat about 1 1/2 litres of water & herb. Strain and leave in a stainless pot in the fridge. Use a scoop to add about two inches per glass, topped up with water & ice. Refreshing and does not require adding sugar.

11 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I find water way too boring & mostly drink hot green tea. That green tea can be made super-strong and kept in the fridge to add water & ice to taste.

We mostly make these concentrates by bringing to a boil & leaving to cool: grated fresh ginger, dried lemongrass, dried roselle, dried butterfly pea, all readily available in the health food store.

Heat about 1 1/2 litres of water & herb. Strain and leave in a stainless pot in the fridge. Use a scoop to add about two inches per glass, topped up with water & ice. Refreshing and does not require adding sugar.

I’m a coffee man....industrial strength....

On 5/28/2019 at 11:31 AM, johnnysunshine said:

I read 9 health websites every day and am familiar with the issue of "soda water" and I looked at most of the stuff written.   Make sure you are reading articles that do not have an agenda behind their info.

If you are drinking soda waters like Chang or Singha I would suggest cutting back and upgrade to sparkling water which has some minerals and no salt.

Low-quality salt is usually added to regular soda water.   https://draxe.com/sparkling-water/

The easiest way to get minerals is to drink a half teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt with water (make sure it tastes good) and get the 84 trace minerals within.   I have been drinking daily upon arising for 15 years with numerous health benefits and especially to counter acidity and assist in elimination. 

Shuuuush may slap a carbon tax on it lol

On 5/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, chingmai331 said:

Bloke told me excess soda water was detrimental to my health but he gave no authority to such a statement.

Yeah sounds dangerous.

I'd go back to the beer.

Known quantity and safe.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, grollies said:

You do realize that the powdered lemon & lime is just chemical flavouring, all man-made, nothing natural?

I have cold water with the juice of a whole lime in the mornings or if I'm really thirsty.

I really enjoy soda water mixed with hops and barley and rice, having been left to ferment for a while.... 

Why not just have a beer? : )

Occasionally I like a soda (water) served with lime. The way it seems generally to be served.

3 hours ago, elgenon said:

Why not just have a beer? : )

Occasionally I like a soda (water) served with lime. The way it seems generally to be served.

See post #11 ????

On 5/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, grollies said:

You do realize that the powdered lemon & lime is just chemical flavouring, all man-made, nothing natural?

I have cold water with the juice of a whole lime in the mornings or if I'm really thirsty.

I really enjoy soda water mixed with hops and barley and rice, having been left to ferment for a while.... 

Yes, I was participating in your joke!

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I always found ice cold water to be a pleasant drink when I'm really hot.

BTW, it's not really hellish hot in LOS. Try Saudi Arabia in summer for extreme heat!

Try some Earl Grey with lemon......

Archived