Attempted murder on Pattaya Beach? Chinese tourist in hospital after nearly drowning following fireworks

webfact

Attempted murder on Pattaya Beach? Chinese tourist in hospital after nearly drowning following fireworks

7pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

Police in Pattaya are investigating after a Cambodian man found his Chinese tourist girlfriend floating in the sea after the fireworks festival on Saturday night. 

They have not ruled out attempted murder or even a suicide attempt. 

A Sawang Boriboon rescue team and hospital medics along with police arrived on the scene opposite Soi 13 on Pattaya beach around 2.30 am. 

As many Thai and foreign tourists looked on CPR was given to Wang Zhaotong, 35, who was then taken to Muang Pattaya Hospital. 

A Cambodian man was shown on a video in a state of distress. 

He said that he had come with his girlfriend to attend the fireworks display. After this he went to get his vehicle and return for his Chinese girlfriend. 

He found her floating in the sea, dragged her out and implored a member of the public to contact the emergency services, he said.

Police are unsure what happened. It may have been an attempted murder attempt after a robbery or even a suicide attempt. 

The victim is under the care of doctors and has been unable to give evidence. 

More about this as we hear of it. 

The Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2019 took place at the resort at the weekend. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
 -- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-27

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

A Cambodian local with his Chinese tourist girlfriend , highly unlikely.

Where does it say he was local? If not then maybe they both lived in Cambodia where there are meany thousands of Chinese. His vehicle must have been parked some distance away to go alone, suggesting it was a car. Not poor Cambodian. Maybe they were tourists. 

15 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Where does it say he was local? If not then maybe they both lived in Cambodia where there are meany thousands of Chinese. His vehicle must have been parked some distance away to go alone, suggesting it was a car. Not poor Cambodian. Maybe they were tourists. 

The truth is out their somewhere...have a good day sir

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are unsure what happened. It may have been an attempted murder attempt after a robbery or even a suicide attempt.

Unsure is being very kind..... clueless is closer to the truth.

Damn good reason to know CPR in such events. Emploring tourists to help instead of initiating resuscitation (if she’d stopped breathing and was drowned) wasting precious seconds and minutes could be the difference life or death .

if TV members don’t know how to do CPR go and do a course ASAP!

7 hours ago, mok199 said:

Please elaborate...I like to know why you think this is highly unlikely ?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

After this he went to get his vehicle and return for his Chinese girlfriend. 

I been near the beach at Fireworks displays, where did he expect to park his car near the beach to pick up his girlfriend?  Fishy to me.

16 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

So the fireworks finished at "2:30 a.m." ????  Or it was quite a long walk back to the car 55555 !!!  Something more to this story.

Perhaps. There were 4 sets scheduled but after the second set a thunderstorm blew in and people ran from the Beach and of course the fireworks stopped.  I think I heard some start up at 11pm. There was also live music after. It could have been a very long walk to the car, Beach Road was closed to traffic and town was swamped. I doubt parking was easy to find.

21 hours ago, mok199 said:

I don't see why not.

Met a really cute Japanese girl with a Cambodian boyfriend in Siem Reap.

He ran a Cambodian tour company, she was a waitress in a Tokyo bakery.

16 hours ago, off road pat said:

Please elaborate...I like to know why you think this is highly unlikely ?

I presume he is projecting  parochial, racist stereotypes.  So He cant elaborate.

i was there filming at the waterside.people were swimming under the light of the fireworks. it was a magical night, unfortunately marred by an odd tragedy.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I presume he is projecting  parochial, racist stereotypes.  So He cant elaborate.

i was there filming at the waterside.people were swimming under the light of the fireworks. it was a magical night, unfortunately marred by an odd tragedy.

Nice filming,...Thank you far sharing.

Best regards.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Perhaps. There were 4 sets scheduled but after the second set a thunderstorm blew in and people ran from the Beach and of course the fireworks stopped.  I think I heard some start up at 11pm. There was also live music after. It could have been a very long walk to the car, Beach Road was closed to traffic and town was swamped. I doubt parking was easy to find.

True but the story did say regarding the fireworks, "AFTER THIS, he went to get his vehicle" so no mention of staying for music etc.  So either there is more to the story or it was written incorrectly.  Also, who leaves their gf on the beach "ALONE and anywhere near 2:30 in the morning????".......in Pattaya?????  This is why it's fishy!!!  (+ they were over well before that time too!)

Archived