UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

Already those trying to discredit the Brexit party. As to the article the UK has always been polarised to some extent. North/South divide. Just go on the M62 and between Liverpool and Manchester 24 miles apart people are different and have rivalry.

The difference in this is the remain and their supporters like Reuteurs are using this as a reason that the UK should stay united and in the EU. Predictable and pathetic really. I will say it again if the EU is such a great organisation why don't they give all members a vote, to leave or stay. We all know why.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Riveting! time for a milkshake????

He had an umbrella ????

(TBH I heard rather than saw the interview, but it was a good one in which he was 'on form' albeit a little tired/grumpy.

I was horizontal at the time doing some floor exercises!!)

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I was talking about the Electoral Commission (the clue was in the question I answered). Farage stated what I posted during a closing rally. Whether he/party are up for scrutiny from elsewhere is hardly a cause for concern, given their books haven't balanced in decades.

Pot kettle black from the EU. Corruption is almost 990 billion euros per year! 

It was so bad before 2002 they had to change accounting standards:

From 2002 until the present, the Court of Auditors continued to audit the budget annually, but they no longer signed off the accounts as a whole. Instead, they have split the budget into two sections — the part to which they are willing to give a clean bill of health, and the part to which they are not willing to give a clean bill. The Auditors refer to this second part as its “opinion on the underlying payments which have been negative or adverse”.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

No one cared. Stop all the noise and give us a second vote now we know the facts about 'Deals'. This is all Camerons fault.

We care that we have not Exited yet. The facts that we do know are that Remainers are still trying to cheat their way out of current legistlation for us to Withdraw from the EU. We know that the 'deal' which hasn't been agreed by Parliament is only a Merkel/May Surrender Treaty. That is only a preliminary capitulation which stitches us up before 'the deal' for post Brexit trade is even discussed. Those are the facts we know about deals.
This is all May's fault, the EU dirty trick dept, and the Remainers on both sides of the divide.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Had it been a GE last Thursday we would have ended with a overall majority by a single issue party that would be extremely right wing with less than a third of the votes cast.

I would say before we have anymore referendums we need to change the rules from a simple majority to a clear majority.

What exactly is extremely right wing about Brexit Party?. The phrase banded about all the time, I find the remoaners seem to be more right wing fascists and let's not forget Corbyn with the Provos

17 minutes ago, evadgib said:

He had an umbrella ????

(TBH I heard rather than saw the interview, but it was a good one in which he was 'on form' albeit a little tired/grumpy.

I was horizontal at the time doing some floor exercises!!)

Most guys just think of baseball, but I suppose listening to Nigel would do the trick ???? 

[Sorry, couldn't resist - I'll get my coat) 

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Though the Brexit Party is grabbing all of the headlines (& the largest number of seats) it's worth pointing out that the Anti-Brexit parties actually did better than those that were pro-Brexit... 

(Source https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48403131)

image.png

Remainer Fake News and fake graphics. It's the BBC, therefore subject to Remainer spin and bias.

CON and Liebour are both 'Pro-Brexit' parties. They must be, because they both still say they respect the referendum result; both were elected on Leave manifestos; and both enacted legislation for our Withdrawal, didn't they??

That would make it 58.1 for Brexit.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Though the Brexit Party is grabbing all of the headlines (& the largest number of seats) it's worth pointing out that the Anti-Brexit parties actually did better than those that were pro-Brexit... 

image.png

Interesting that you have totally discounted the Leavers in the Tory and Labour votes.

Take half out of each (neither have declared themselves as Remain... only Lib Dems and the pathetic Change UK) + half a million UKIP votes and I think you will find that your conclusion holds less water than a sieve with bl00dy big holes in.

Farage knows he is a stalking horse....... or at least that’s how he started out with this campaign.

5.2 million votes in EU elections is not to be sniffed at.

An increase of 1m on the 2015 general election votes that he pulled with UKIP (who are now a spent force without him) will make all parties take notice.

Labour are forked; they have one chance and that is to become a Remain party and be prepared to lick up to the Lib Dems.

Imagine what a resurgence the Tories would have if they were to be become a genuine leave party and invite Farage into whatever executive position he wanted.

That would sort the men out from the boys.

10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Interesting that you have totally discounted the Leavers in the Tory and Labour votes.

Take half out of each (neither have declared themselves as Remain... only Lib Dems and the pathetic Change UK) + half a million UKIP votes and I think you will find that your conclusion holds less water than a sieve with bl00dy big holes in.

Don't comment on stats if you don't understand them. Labour and Tories are not included in any pro or contra brexit stat here.

2 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Deals? Let’s just exit the rotten to the core EU. It’s a bigger world out there than the Brussels bubble. 

Ignore B liar and his phoney war and the scare mongers, let’s meet and trade with the rest of the world. 

British Empire again even? Lol, get on with it, we had the vote already. 

B liar? You’re talking about just about everyone that ran the leave campaign 

2 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I suspect there plan will be to get out of Europe and once that's done they will call another referundum leaving the next party to pick up the pieces.

When the majority have become thick as pig*** bigots...Nigel’s your oyster

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Just needs a kamikaze PM to ram it through now by completely bypassing parliament. 

It would be legal but very ugly. However, it would get the job done 

Agreed that’s what’s needed, the remoaners lost once, no wait twice including last night but they might want a confirmatory vote on last nights Farage triumph. 

Theyre looking for best out of 5 now lol.

7 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Agreed that’s what’s needed, the remoaners lost once, no wait twice including last night but they might want a confirmatory vote on last nights Farage triumph. 

Theyre looking for best out of 5 now lol.

You realise remain got more votes than leave?

And that in an election toutet as 'leave voters will come in droves and show this is the second referendum on brexit.'.

2 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Just needs a kamikaze PM to ram it through now by completely bypassing parliament. 

It would be legal but very ugly. However, it would get the job done 

Theres only one man for the job .

Someone give Tommy a shout .............

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And that in an election toutet as 'leave voters will come in droves and show this is the second referendum on brexit.'.

Who actually touted that ?

I do recall the Gaurdian saying that opposite 

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yep, just checked the title of this thread and the Brexit party won. If you want to change the rules in the system, up to you, or play with numbers and statistics to fool yourself,

again up to you. 

Out of interest who was the leader of the remain party you claim got more votes? Or should I say who were  the sore leaders? Lol.

Next.

3 hours ago, rott said:

"Storms" does seem a bit heavy.

I read a comment somewhere that it is time for the two party system to end, well it does not seem too far off. But what would the alternative be?

perhaps at last proportional representation instead of first past the post and damn the rest

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who actually touted that ?

I do recall the Gaurdian saying that opposite 

The Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru and Change UK - all backers of a second referendum - collectively gained the support of 40.3 per cent of voters in England and Wales, against no-dealers Ukip and the Brexit Party's combined 36.7 per cent.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/27/won-uks-european-elections-leave-remain/

3 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

I agree. That would resolve many arguments. Other countries adopt a similar strategy

While I sincerely hope that Scottish independence is won by a supermajority, 50% +1 vote would be enough for me. So - if my country is going to be dragged against its will out of the EU under the cloud of a very corrupt simple majority, we are not going to be held to a higher standard when we try to better our lot. 

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

image.png

Very misleading.  Not surprising as it's from the BBC. 

Only 3 parties were set up specifically for the single issue of leaving / staying in the EU. Those are the Brexit Party, UKIP and Change UK. Those other so called 'anti-Brexit parties have multiple agendas. For example, there will be people who voted Green who don't give a stuff about the EU issue, but just want to save the planet. Likewise there are people who always vote SNP simply because they hate the English and want independence. 

This election has absolutely disproved the myth pedalled by remainers that the majority in the UK now want to remain. Imagine how much time and money could have been wasted on a 2nd referendum only to get the same result. 

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

While I sincerely hope that Scottish independence is won by a supermajority, 50% +1 vote would be enough for me. So - if my country is going to be dragged against its will out of the EU under the cloud of a very corrupt simple majority, we are not going to be held to a higher standard when we try to better our lot. 

Well , whilst I understand your patriotism of course you are aware that the vote for an Independent Scotland last time was more clearly cut in terms of % against than the UK vote was to leave the EU. Irrespective of that my thoughts are that the people generally have woken up to the lies of Brexit and it will not happen. An independent Scotland should be left up to the Scots to determine and if the vote (if there is another one)  goes against you next time round by the same % will you finally accept the will of your own people ?

Archived