UK ever more polarised as Brexit Party storms to EU vote win

webfact

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

How can the Brexit party honestly be considered for Government when they only have 1 subject that they've shared any views on (& named their party after).

Talk about a 1-trick pony, what about Education, Healthcare, Policing, armed forces, the economy... etc... 

Does it matter,if it is a one trick pony?

It’s by far the most pressing issue in British politics. Sort it out and then we can return to the normal issues, be it First pass the post or Proportional representation.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well , whilst I understand your patriotism of course you are aware that the vote for an Independent Scotland last time was more clearly cut in terms of % against than the UK vote was to leave the EU. Irrespective of that my thoughts are that the people generally have woken up to the lies of Brexit and it will not happen. An independent Scotland should be left up to the Scots to determine and if the vote (if there is another one)  goes against you next time round by the same % will you finally accept the will of your own people ?

Neverendums are certainly not desirable, but if the result is, again, in favour of the UK and further down the road a material change should, once more, occur then I think we would be well within our rights to demand another referendum. Hopefully it won't come to that, though. 

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

On the head (as usual) from Pat ????

All well and good. Except that Conservative head office is trying to pressurise local constituencies, into accepting remain supporting candidates, rather than the leave supporting candidates, who are preferred by the majority of Conservative voters.  

Just another example of the establishments against the people.

9 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Neverendums are certainly not desirable, but if the result is, again, in favour of the UK and further down the road a material change should, once more, occur then I think we would be well within our rights to demand another referendum. Hopefully it won't come to that, though. 

Well I do for once agree with you. Now please can we have our Wembley turf back ?

27 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Very misleading.  Not surprising as it's from the BBC. 

Only 3 parties were set up specifically for the single issue of leaving / staying in the EU. Those are the Brexit Party, UKIP and Change UK. Those other so called 'anti-Brexit parties have multiple agendas. For example, there will be people who voted Green who don't give a stuff about the EU issue, but just want to save the planet. Likewise there are people who always vote SNP simply because they hate the English and want independence. 

This election has absolutely disproved the myth pedalled by remainers that the majority in the UK now want to remain. Imagine how much time and money could have been wasted on a 2nd referendum only to get the same result.

Hard Brexit = <40%. Spin away.

Am I correct in believing that the 4,000,000 E.U national living in the U.K had the opportunity to register their vote in the U.K and thus vote for parties that oppose the will of the British people. If this is correct,maybe this explains why London with its large E.U. Population was the only region in England or Wales to vote predominantly for anti Brexit parties.

2 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

Am I correct in believing that the 4,000,000 E.U national living in the U.K had the opportunity to register their vote in the U.K and thus vote for parties that oppose the will of the British people. If this is correct,maybe this explains why London with its large E.U. Population was the only region in England or Wales to vote predominantly for anti Brexit parties.

That is correct , they could even vote from abroad

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Alastair Campbell voted Lib/Dem, describes Labour as trying to ride two horses at the same time.

Alastair Campbell. An intelligent man no doubt, accused Farage of being a liar recently on the BBC, a dubious, hardly impartial corporation.

His spin propped up his croney B liar and began the destruction of Middle Eastern countries, conning, lies and false information all in a days work. 

Blood on his hands but not an ounce of regret or shame shown.

Hes not really a credible commentator with regards to honesty.

Just now, twocatsmac said:

Alastair Campbell. An intelligent man no doubt, accused Farage of being a liar recently on the BBC, a dubious, hardly impartial corporation.

His spin propped up his croney B liar and began the destruction of Middle Eastern countries, conning, lies and false information all in a days work. 

Blood on his hands but not an ounce of regret or shame shown.

Mr Deflection on the point made by Campbell.

10 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

Actually its because Londoners are smarter.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Interesting that you have totally discounted the Leavers in the Tory and Labour votes.

Take half out of each (neither have declared themselves as Remain... only Lib Dems and the pathetic Change UK) + half a million UKIP votes and I think you will find that your conclusion holds less water than a sieve with bl00dy big holes in.

I discounted nobody, I merely shared a news story showing the %s won by openly Pro/Con Brexit parties - I don't think anybody believes that the Tory's & Labour are clearly one way or the other, or something would have managed to get through parliament (even if it was No Deal).

Rumblings are that Labour might contest any GE on a Remain card (or at least a 2nd referendum card), would that make it 54.5 to remain? Who knows, the only thing we do know are the percentages for the openly/overtly Pro/Con Brexit parties.

28 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

All well and good. Except that Conservative head office is trying to pressurise local constituencies, into accepting remain supporting candidates, rather than the leave supporting candidates, who are preferred by the majority of Conservative voters.  

Just another example of the establishments against the people.

Hard Brexiteers love making things up or the lazy ones copying from nutter websites that do.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Remainer Fake News and fake graphics. It's the BBC, therefore subject to Remainer spin and bias.

CON and Liebour are both 'Pro-Brexit' parties. They must be, because they both still say they respect the referendum result; both were elected on Leave manifestos; and both enacted legislation for our Withdrawal, didn't they??

That would make it 58.1 for Brexit.

If you don't like the BBC, try the Telegraph... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/27/won-uks-european-elections-leave-remain/

While the Brexit Party was the clear individual winner in the UK's European elections, picking up a third of the national vote, straightforwardly pro-Brexit parties were actually out-polled by those who are arguing for a second referendum.

The Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru and Change UK - all backers of a second referendum - collectively gained the support of 40.3 per cent of voters in England and Wales, against no-dealers Ukip and the Brexit Party's combined 36.7 per cent.

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

Agreed that’s what’s needed, the remoaners lost once, no wait twice including last night but they might want a confirmatory vote on last nights Farage triumph. 

Theyre looking for best out of 5 now lol.

Since when was 32% a triumph?

9 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

While the Brexit Party was the clear individual winner in the UK's European elections, picking up a third of the national vote, straightforwardly pro-Brexit parties were actually out-polled by those who are arguing for a second referendum.

The Lib Dems, Greens, Plaid Cymru and Change UK - all backers of a second referendum - collectively gained the support of 40.3 per cent of voters in England and Wales, against no-dealers Ukip and the Brexit Party's combined 36.7 per cent.

Shouldn't you be including Labour and Conservatives in with Brexit?

Making the leave vote 60%.

They all seem to want to leave, but merely argue about the deal.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Again, the original article I posted & the Telegraph article are highlighting the Pro Vs Con Brexit results neither the Tories or Labour are clearly committed one way or the other or we would have got something through Parliament before now

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Maybe you should check the stats before making things up.

Just now, BritManToo said:

Why bother, nobody else does.

I'm just doing the same as pollsters.

Not based on polls, based on actual numbers voting.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why bother, nobody else does.

I'm just doing the same as pollsters.

It's clear you haven't a clue about pollsters. They're meant to predict the future or provide estimates of the present. What's at issue here is the past. You know, the past. When things actually happened and we have records of them.

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This was about MEP's getting elected , a majority isnt necessary to have the most MEP's

Yes, agan many got elected that don't want to be there, only to collect.

How can the Brexit party honestly be considered for Government when they only have 1 subject that they've shared any views on (& named their party after).

Talk about a 1-trick pony, what about Education, Healthcare, Policing, armed forces, the economy... etc... 

The rest WILL come as hopefully we move towards a GE.
Please remember that being an mep is but being a rubber stamp for the eu commission's directives.
For proof..please google " Brexit the movie ".

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No you cannot. But carry on.

Archived