Future Forward scores landslide win in Chiang Mai’s election re-run

webfact

Future Forward scores landslide win in Chiang Mai’s election re-run

1.jpg

The Future Forward party won an additional constituency seat in the election re-run in Constituency 8 of Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai on Sunday, bringing its total House seats to 81.

As a result of the Chiang Mai election, the Palang Pracharat and the Democrat parties were each allocated another party-list seat, although the Palang Pracharat party’s candidate, Mr. Tharet Tamrongtippayakul, was roundly beaten by the Future Forward party’s candidate, Ms. Srinuan Boonlue.

The unofficial vote count showed Ms. Srinuan receiving 75,891 votes against Mr. Tharet’s 27,861 votes.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-scores-landslide-win-in-chiang-mais-election-re-run/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-27

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not enough seats to win the majority but it's evened up the playing field. It should be an interesting parliament and the big question is who is going to get the top job as PM? Thanathorn, Prayut, or will it go to one of the small party leaders? Anutin Charnvirakul of the Bhumjaithai Party is my favourite. If he gets the job then he'll legalise marijuana. Wouldn't that be fantastic! Khao San Road will be heaving, Pattaya hotels fully booked and people will be happy for real. No need to fake it anymore.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

As a result of the Chiang Mai election, the Palang Pracharat and the Democrat parties were each allocated another party-list seat, although the Palang Pracharat party’s candidate, Mr. Tharet Tamrongtippayakul, was roundly beaten by the Future Forward party’s candidate, Ms. Srinuan Boonlue.

I still cant wrap my head around how this works.

Image result for confused gif

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

FARCE!  they get a seat for being beaten?  

not just beaten. Beaten by approaching 50 000 votes!!! Ive heard of Thai logic but this takes the proverbial.

22 minutes ago, nikmar said:

not just beaten. Beaten by approaching 50 000 votes!!! Ive heard of Thai logic but this takes the proverbial.

I think it's called the 'no fail' policy; you know, the same system that makes their education such crap !

46 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Using this type of Thai logic, after getting thrashed by the U.S.A.'s reigning champions in the first game of the tournament, the Thai women's soccer (futbol) team should be declared world cup champions.

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

A constituency in Chiang Mai, the Shins stronghold and PTP don't win??

They did win but the Candidate was disqualified for making a 2000B donation to the local Temple.
Would have been better not to go pray.

15 minutes ago, bannork said:

PTP were banned, duh!

PTP hobbled, neutered, knackered by the junta, and they still couldn't win, oh well just give yourselves another seat and keep smiling and praying (for the engineered outcome) but no donations please. 

I really don't understand this party list system. FF got over 80,000 votes and around 70,000 votes should get you a party list seat, from what I understand, but they don't get an extra one but two losing parties do?

Can anyone explain?

2 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I really don't understand this party list system. FF got over 80,000 votes and around 70,000 votes should get you a party list seat, from what I understand, but they don't get an extra one but two losing parties do?

Can anyone explain?

Yes, FF is aligned with the Shins.

The losing parties aren't.

Future Forward tops poll in Chiang Mai re-election

By The Nation

fd3c209d2e3e76964b680801b78d6adb.jpeg

Srinuan Boonlue//Photo : Future Forward Party's facebook

Future Forward Party appears to have won an additional parliamentary seat in a re-election held in the eighth constituency in Chiang Mai on Sunday.

According to an unofficial count, Srinuan Boonlue won 75,891 votes in the re-election, which was held after the Election Commission suspended Surapon Kietchaiyakorn, a Pheu Thai candidate, for allegedly buying votes.

Surapon, who had won the most votes in the March 24 national election, denied the allegations.

Nares Thamrongtippayakun of Palang Pracharat on Sunday placed second with 27,781 votes.

Srinuan’s victory will add one more seat to her party’s 30 parliamentary seats. The unofficial calculation for the party-list members based on the win Srinuan’s winning would also reportedly result in both the Palang Pracharat and Democrat parties automatically gaining one additional party-list seat each.

A provincial EC branch will report the results of the Sunday vote to its headquarters today.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30370047

thenation_logo.jpg

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

48,035 of Ms Srinuan votes were invalidated because those voters had voted for the wrong party. Simple error could happen to any candidate not backing the junta legitimate government of K Prayut.

The unofficial calculation for the party-list members based on the win Srinuan’s winning would also reportedly result in both the Palang Pracharat and Democrat parties automatically gaining one additional party-list seat each.

Would love to see the unofficial calculation!

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, FF is aligned with the Shins.

The losing parties aren't.

I don't agree they are aligned with the shins, not that it makes much difference as they are anti-junta, so no advantage given, FF wins a seat we want one too - cause they're OUR rules. 

And despite all of these unending, grossest of gross insults to everyone's intelligence and sense of fair play - there are still purblind and lobotomised persons who think this is a just government, put in by a just, fair and free election.

God give me strength!

Archived