Future Forward scores landslide win in Chiang Mai’s election re-run

webfact

Future Forward scores landslide win in Chiang Mai’s election re-run

1.jpg

The Future Forward party won an additional constituency seat in the election re-run in Constituency 8 of Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai on Sunday, bringing its total House seats to 81.

As a result of the Chiang Mai election, the Palang Pracharat and the Democrat parties were each allocated another party-list seat, although the Palang Pracharat party’s candidate, Mr. Tharet Tamrongtippayakul, was roundly beaten by the Future Forward party’s candidate, Ms. Srinuan Boonlue.

The unofficial vote count showed Ms. Srinuan receiving 75,891 votes against Mr. Tharet’s 27,861 votes.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-scores-landslide-win-in-chiang-mais-election-re-run/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-27
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not enough seats to win the majority but it's evened up the playing field. It should be an interesting parliament and the big question is who is going to get the top job as PM? Thanathorn, Prayut, or will it go to one of the small party leaders? Anutin Charnvirakul of the Bhumjaithai Party is my favourite. If he gets the job then he'll legalise marijuana. Wouldn't that be fantastic! Khao San Road will be heaving, Pattaya hotels fully booked and people will be happy for real. No need to fake it anymore.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

As a result of the Chiang Mai election, the Palang Pracharat and the Democrat parties were each allocated another party-list seat, although the Palang Pracharat party’s candidate, Mr. Tharet Tamrongtippayakul, was roundly beaten by the Future Forward party’s candidate, Ms. Srinuan Boonlue.

I still cant wrap my head around how this works.

Image result for confused gif

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

FARCE!  they get a seat for being beaten?  

not just beaten. Beaten by approaching 50 000 votes!!! Ive heard of Thai logic but this takes the proverbial.

22 minutes ago, nikmar said:

not just beaten. Beaten by approaching 50 000 votes!!! Ive heard of Thai logic but this takes the proverbial.

I think it's called the 'no fail' policy; you know, the same system that makes their education such crap !

46 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Using this type of Thai logic, after getting thrashed by the U.S.A.'s reigning champions in the first game of the tournament, the Thai women's soccer (futbol) team should be declared world cup champions.

Archived