Future Forward scores landslide win in Chiang Mai’s election re-run

webfact

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

And despite all of these unending, grossest of gross insults to everyone's intelligence and sense of fair play - there are still purblind and lobotomised persons who think this is a just government, put in by a just, fair and free election.

God give me strength!

There are even some who see it as a vindication of their obsession with proving that the Shinewatras are finished!

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

A constituency in Chiang Mai, the Shins stronghold and PTP don't win??

:cheesy:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe the shins are finished just yet, they still have billions of Baht / $ to be able to buy whatever they want, and regardless of ethics or whatever. And regardless of how many people they throw under the bus along the way. 

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I don't believe the shins are finished just yet, they still have billions of Baht / $ to be able to buy whatever they want, and regardless of ethics or whatever. And regardless of how many people they throw under the bus along the way. 

True, but they're running out of family to throw under the bus.

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thaksin won't be finished until he stops breathing - as will the Shins. at that point - not enough smarts and as useful as tits-on-bull without Thaksin pulling the strings. 

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Thaksin won't be finished until he stops breathing - as will the Shins. at that point - not enough smarts and as useful as tits-on-bull without Thaksin pulling the strings. 

He can’t stop when his party keep winning election landslide when the election is free and fair. Even when the election was rigged, his party still win the most seats. I am sure he is finished when his parties no longer win elections and his comes in second in terms of social media followers, 

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He can’t stop when his party keep winning election landslide when the election is free and fair. Even when the election was rigged, his party still win the most seats. I am sure he is finished when his parties no longer win elections and his comes in second in terms of social media followers, 

...free and fair... no further comment needed.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Or to respect and observe the law, which makes it illegal to give donations as part of an election run up. Not difficult to understand by most, but ignored by folks who have no morals nor ethics. 

I wonder how the paymaster reacted, after all CM is his home town and I wonder how deeply big sister (now fled) was involved. 

How does donating private money to a monk ever constitutes as vote buying is beyond anyone's imagination. Maybe it is time to look into the massive vote buying executed by Prayuth, or is that ok, since he is one of the good guys ?

Again you disqualify yourself. maybe just maybe it is time to stop the irrational hatred for Thaksin, and wake up and see what is really going on. The orange card for the PTP candidate was utter <deleted>. Good the seat went to FFP. 

It's called cheating. I still got my money on the General the be the next Pm  The election was a total farce Question why did they even have another vote in Chaing Mai The guy that won won't even get a seat What a joke?:cheesy:

19 hours ago, monkfish said:

So they all get 1 seat? why even bother?

Why bother?

It isn't the "one seat" that is important here.

What IS important is the message the voters have given the vmilitary regime..  The margin sends 2 messages:

1) Voters will NOT tolerate vote rigging.

2) The truth is here about the popularity of the military regime

Very clear messages.

This party ain't gonna go anywhere simply because their young buck of a leader and his mega rich parents were huge supporters of Thaksin, his Dad even served in the Thaksin government and the family benefited financially from that. Do you really think the real movers and shakers forming this new government are going to let a Thaksin clone into their midsts? This young buck is outta luck and he made a fatal mistake by joining up with Pheu Thai Party in the first place. He rolled the dice and came up craps and now he has to face what's coming his way. Just goes to prove once again that money doesn't buy you brains and common sense.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

This party ain't gonna go anywhere simply because their young buck of a leader and his mega rich parents were huge supporters of Thaksin, his Dad even served in the Thaksin government and the family benefited financially from that. Do you really think the real movers and shakers forming this new government are going to let a Thaksin clone into their midsts? This young buck is outta luck and he made a fatal mistake by joining up with Pheu Thai Party in the first place. He rolled the dice and came up craps and now he has to face what's coming his way. Just goes to prove once again that money doesn't buy you brains and common sense.

If you want to pour cold water on Thanathorn, at least get some facts right. His uncle served in the early TRT government. His dad died in 2002. He didn't join PTP but join the anti military coalition. He rolled the dice by joining politics against a corrupt regime and won handsomely in the election. A big success for a novice party with MPs that were not incumbent politicians. He is not daunted by the intimidation of the junta and should be praised and not faulted by you. 

26 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

Yea, he's so stupid. Why doesn't he just offer the same old same old as everyone else. Why is he sticking to his word? Why doesn't he just make empty promises and break them like the Dems and Bumjaithai. 

Thailand doesn't need fresh blood with new ideas that are supposed to benefit its people. It needs smart boot lickers who are only in it for themselves. 

22 hours ago, lipflipper said:

We now place you on the TVF 'most uninformed post' shortlist 2019. Well done.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:39 PM, scorecard said:

Or to respect and observe the law, which makes it illegal to give donations as part of an election run up. Not difficult to understand by most, but ignored by folks who have no morals nor ethics. 

I wonder how the paymaster reacted, after all CM is his home town and I wonder how deeply big sister (now fled) was involved. 

But not illegal to receive watches from dead friends?

Are you seriously telling me it's illegal to give a monk money?  how long have you lived here?  you should know better than defend the obvious bias. Shame on you.

34 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

But not illegal to receive watches from dead friends?

Are you seriously telling me it's illegal to give a monk money?  how long have you lived here?  you should know better than defend the obvious bias. Shame on you.

I didn't say it's not illegal to receive watches or anything remotely like that, from dead friends, who would? 

in fact several times i've made highly critical comments about many 'items' attached to this scaly man, and I strongly support all suggestions he has no place to be in such a position.

There is nothing wrong at all with making donations to temples - the welfare support system for millions of poor Thai folks but I suggest you miss the point about this incident.

All politicians (and the great FF young guy is on a learning curve) know when to be careful and not expose themselves and their party to unneeded criticisms / actions, etc., and especially in the current situation with you know who ruthlessly taking totally inappropriate actions.  I assume the guys party (and their paymaster) would very much prefer that incidents like this are well avoided right now.  

And yes I have lived here a very long time (3 decades +) and I am well acquainted with monks and temples and Thai politics. 

How about sticking to the facts, your comments about 'shame on you' are not appropriate and not needed.  

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I didn't say it's not illegal to receive watches or anything remotely like that, from dead friends, who would? 

in fact several times i've made highly critical comments about many 'items' attached to this scaly man, and I strongly support all suggestions he has no place to be in such a position.

There is nothing wrong at all with making donations to temples - the welfare support system for millions of poor Thai folks but I suggest you miss the point about this incident.

All politicians (and the great FF young guy is on a learning curve) know when to be careful and not expose themselves and their party to unneeded criticisms / actions, etc., and especially in the current situation with you know who ruthlessly taking totally inappropriate actions.  I assume the guys party (and their paymaster) would very much prefer that incidents like this are well avoided right now.  

And yes I have lived here a very long time (3 decades +) and I am well acquainted with monks and temples and Thai politics. 

How about sticking to the facts, your comments about 'shame on you' are not appropriate and not needed.  

My 'shame on you' is not aimed at all your positions just this one. You know that all the politicians would have been to a temple and donated during the election campaign. The rule is ABSURD just as the 75,000 votes gets one MP as does the loser @ 1,800 votes. The system is rigged in favour of the Junta period. 

56 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Can't find the link now but I did read yesterday that the ASEAN community have fired a warning shot across the juntas bows warning them to lay off the FF and stop dragging up trivial misdemeanors - quite strongly worded as well. 

Details on the breaking news list for the paper that can't be mentioned about 3 days back. Yes strongly worded and to the point.

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

My 'shame on you' is not aimed at all your positions just this one. You know that all the politicians would have been to a temple and donated during the election campaign. The rule is ABSURD just as the 75,000 votes gets one MP as does the loser @ 1,800 votes. The system is rigged in favour of the Junta period. 

That said, his post was a remarkable display of self righteous backwards bicycle riding though, wasn't it!

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Can't find the link now but I did read yesterday that the ASEAN community have fired a warning shot across the juntas bows warning them to lay off the FF and stop dragging up trivial misdemeanors - quite strongly worded as well. 

I think that was an ASEAN human rights group. I have a link in Thai. Not sure how much sway they have. I'm thinking very little. 

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I think that was an ASEAN human rights group. I have a link in Thai. Not sure how much sway they have. I'm thinking very little. 

Which leader of the 10 ASEAN countries gives a flying flip about human rights?

1. Hun Sen -Opposition jailed and forced into exile

2. Brunei - recent legislation for capital punishment for gays

3 Vietnam, Laos no elections

4. Myanmar ethnic cleansing of Rohingya- zero objection from the Burmese

5. Philippines -elected a violent populist who has overseen a large number of extrajudicial killings

6. that leaves Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore- I can't see human rights playing any significant role in their governance.

Archived