Notification Requirement - Puzzled

Of course, the answer here is to have a system that someone like me can FILE A REPORT of landlord who won't file a required TM-30. I have mentioned it before, it fell on deaf ears, but it would solve EVERY problem of people wanting to do TM-30 but are somehow prevented by someone else, which is my case and many others.

6 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Of course, the answer here is to have a system that someone like me can FILE A REPORT of landlord who won't file a required TM-30. I have mentioned it before, it fell on deaf ears, but it would solve EVERY problem of people wanting to do TM-30 but are somehow prevented by someone else, which is my case and many others.

Find another place to live with a decent landlord, speak to the existing landlord, or take the matter into your own hands and report the situation to Immigration.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Very suspicious, and yes you can ask

not suspicious.....but you are obviously defensive .  I questioned why twice as it definitely relates to your situation of needing proof ( usually a lease) .  Even when the landlord goes to do the initial report for a person staying on their premises the landlord is ALSO asked to submit a lease (along with his/her ID and tabien bahn for the premises.  Was just trying to be helpful...and asking about your situation (not on lease)

would, and did, give more to work with.   Tanoshi's last post gives good suggestion about how to proceed, as you will almost certainly need a tm30 filed at some point.

Note:  post quoted above is from OP, not Tanoshi

and now......lunch time.   

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Find another place to live with a decent landlord, speak to the existing landlord, or take the matter into your own hands and report the situation to Immigration.

Ok thanks. There are actually two other options. One is to file a TM-30 somewhere where I CAN get the documents I need (but I don't live there). And two, pay the fine if and when it is levied (but this doesn't fix the other problems arising from lack of TM-30).

25 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Ok thanks. There are actually two other options. One is to file a TM-30 somewhere where I CAN get the documents I need (but I don't live there). And two, pay the fine if and when it is levied (but this doesn't fix the other problems arising from lack of TM-30).

Are you currently staying on a Visa, or an extension of stay based on retirement.

What address did you state on your TM6 arrival card.

3 hours ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Thank you for the reference. From Section 4:

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

So if I stay at a leased apartment and I am not listed on the lease, then I cannot be the house master, correct?

That makes you the house-master, meaning the chief possessor in any other capacity whatsoever, for example as a squatter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

A cynic might think they've hatched this money spinner to compensate for lost income after the last immigration boss introduced the "no tips" policy a few months ago... 

During the Income Affidavit fiasco late last year, I saw a passing reference in a news article to some kind of committee or think group within Thai Immigration, suggesting they were the source of a lot of these brain storm policy changes / tightening efforts targeting known soft spots and work arounds in existing Immigration policy and procedures.   They know what they are, not to mention they've been discussed and chortled about freely on the internet/social media, for years. 

It's been going on for a while, after the Junta got comfortable.  Immigration has been going down "The List" one by one, each like a grenade going off on the pages of TVF.

- Starting 2013 (approx) with another round of tightening on visa runners/border bouncers.

- Enhanced use of the "Black list", which brought a lot of serial Overstayers out of the wood work onto TVF to ask for advice on how to deal with it and/or get around it.

- Ed Visa abuse got a flurry of attention/crack down for a while.

- ID bracelets for tourists idea from the now ex-Minster of Tourism and Volleyball.

- Fake marriages and associated extensions of stay, got a look in.

- Farang surveys asking all sorts of invasive questions, social media tagging, etc.

* Efforts to track us better, revealed when some Immigration computer got hacked (Password 123) showing a map/geo locations of registered farang residences in some area of Thailand.

- Dress code/apparel when visiting Immigration offices. Hit and miss then mostly died.

- Long-stay visa centered around medical insurance; an appetizer for things to come, as we've seen recently, and likely more to come.

- Resurrection of TM30/28/24 hour report thing circa 1979.  Hot and heavy then faded.

- Then the Big Ugly Turd in the proverbial punch bowl-  Income Affidavits/Embassies.

- Associated effort ^ for Visa agents and fake "money in the bank".

- Retirees got smacked with associated effort ^ re: income on shore requirement, post-extension seasoning and 400k spending limit on 800k extensions. 

- Resurgent effort on TM30/24 hour reporting with continued, enthusiastic expansion across the country.

At a minimum, I was hoping the 24 hour "self report after return to LoS" requirement would go away.  I know my Immi Office virtually ignored it when it first came out a few years ago, but they are all over it this time around.  Of all the things they've done, this one annoys the s**t out of me, because it's so stupid, and redundant; at least for us glorified tourists on long-stay extensions, living at the same address for X number of years.   ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Immigration has been going down "The List" one by one, each like a grenade going off on the pages of TVF.

Good summary, quite agree. In addition to your list there's been a limit of numbers of visas granted by embassies regionally, frequent red stamping and voiding of visas even when already paid for, arbitrary refusal of entry and detention at the main airports, and the soon to arrive mandatory insurance on Non O/A applications.

Enforcement of the TM30 issue for me as well is evidence enough that it's open season on foreigners here.

Edited by lamyai3

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Are you currently staying on a Visa, or an extension of stay based on retirement.

What address did you state on your TM6 arrival card.

Thanks. Extension of stay based on retirement, and the address of a friend where I can get required documents but I am not living there.

5 hours ago, Maestro said:

That makes you the house-master, meaning the chief possessor in any other capacity whatsoever, for example as a squatter.

OK thanks wait, not to be pedantic, but what if there is already a house master? Am I still the house master? ????

20 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

A cynic might think they've hatched this moneyspinner to compensate for lost income after the last immigration boss introduced the "no tips" policy a few months ago... 

They seem to feel they can introduce fines with gay abandon and with dubious authority. It is like the handwritten signs in English, 'No Parking, Fine 2000 baht'!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 55Jay said:

During the Income Affidavit fiasco late last year, I saw a passing reference in a news article to some kind of committee or think group within Thai Immigration, suggesting they were the source of a lot of these brain storm policy changes / tightening efforts targeting known soft spots and work arounds in existing Immigration policy and procedures.   They know what they are, not to mention they've been discussed and chortled about freely on the internet/social media, for years. 

It's been going on for a while, after the Junta got comfortable.  Immigration has been going down "The List" one by one, each like a grenade going off on the pages of TVF.

Good list, but it seems to have begun pre-govt-change, and is more "deep state" than whichever govt is at the top.  Govt bureaucrats long out-live elections / regimes.