Another pink ID card thread

13 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The pink ID card is not free. The district office issues an official receipt for the small fee being charged.

Correct ! but as with many things in Thailand it can vary by Office and Province. In my case it was 80 baht complete with receipt.

36 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I have not topped up my rabbit card (or MRT card) since April, 2019. When did they start asking for passport to buy/top up BTS or MRT card? I am going to Thailand in October for my 6-month stay and need to topup my BTS and MRT card. 

So far I have found the Pink card/yellow book as utterly useless. A driving license is better I think, though I never needed that also. 

My card AND book have both been useful and often simplified things I’ve needed to do. A DL can sometimes help things but my ID has been more useful

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Different document, different use. My card has definitely been useful....to me

Yeah sure sounds like it. :cheesy:

"The guy looked at it both sides for a couple minutes, handed it back to me and said “only passport”. I was fuming, I immediately thought we’re being picked on again" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Nobody has given me a covincing use case where it is useful. If you find it's useful good for you. I think it is utterly useless for me.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The example in my post explains how it was useful. There you go....an example but hey feel free to disagree all you like

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah sure sounds like it. :cheesy:

"The guy looked at it both sides for a couple minutes, handed it back to me and said “only passport”. I was fuming, I immediately thought we’re being picked on again" 

Try reading the whole post if you have the capability....or just keep being you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The example in my post explains how it was useful. There you go....an example but hey feel free to disagree all you like

Not really. A Thai Driving Licence would have been accepted, no need of this special pink card.

And BTW no it's certainly not easy to get, at least not everywhere for everyone.

23 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Not really. A Thai Driving Licence would have been accepted, no need of this special pink card.

And BTW no it's certainly not easy to get, at least not everywhere for everyone.

I live in the middle of a big city, it wasn’t difficult for me. I shared MY experience, kinda obvious. A DL would not have been accepted, but m sure you’ll disagree!

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

The pink ID card is not free. The district office issues an official receipt for the small fee being charged.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Try reading the whole post if you have the capability....or just keep being you

There's always the point that the BTS instruction says passport and the person who wrote that instruction doesn't even know about pink cards.

Plus do you really expect the BTS cashier to know full details of this subject? 99% of the transactions he/she is expected to handle in this job are totally simplistic.