PHIlips remote in Pattaya

mercman24

hi all, well my 42 Philips tv has gone into standby mode, i have a universal remote, no probs until yesterday, the remote is working fine, but tv is not responding, (tried everything) funny thing is its always ran on code 0732, i done a check and it came up 0707, ? (still no joy, dead) realy i think its a tv fault (as per good old you tube) but i thought i might try a PROPER  Philips remote, to make sure,, anyone know where i might purchase one in Pattaya, and yes i know i can get from LAZADA  but dont want to wait 10 days, and failing that can you recommend a tv repair shop in Pats or Jomtien,

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

anyone know where i might purchase one in Pattaya,

There used to be a Philips service outlet in Soi Town on Town off Pattaya Klang. One of the turnings left after Foodland going towards Suk. I think they still have to order stuff in however but they may be able to point you somewhere else relevant.

Okay, I understand yu don't want to buy another remote, but they do not last long, and it's nearly always the issue, just get another one at Tuk Com in basement, they "might" even have a Phillips.  If its your TV then you are in a for a big cost from experience,

(Mine was also a Phillips and after charging me a lot to determine the issue, they said remote was the problem and a new Phillips remote was 990 baht! Just got another universal 250 bht.)

Soi Buakhow Tue/Friday market (west side) will probably have one (I got a Samsung remote in there posted it to a friend in the UK and it works perfect)

Num Chai has a service center round the back that will have the skill to fix a TV problem

thank you for the replies  KC post 7, when you say *DOWN* is that heading to Sukhumvit road, i live in Jomtien, i did read an old post about a shop being opposite the filling station,  but not 200 metres down.??

Archived