extension Phitsanulok today

Did my yearly extension of stay due to retirement at Phitsanulok Immigration today with 800,000 in the bank. I leave the money in the bank and don't use it all year. The process was ,as usual, efficient and fast. I asked if I needed to present my pass book after 3 months so they could check the balance but was told "no need-next year we look". I said to the IO if money not correct no visa? and he said yes.

• Like 2

This is what most of imagined would happen regarding falling below specified amounts post extension approval. Since it a simple matter to check your bankbook prior to making your next application, you would imagine no one would apply for extension if they fell below the 800/400k. Time to exit and obtain new non o would not come as a sudden surprise.

33 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dealt with that office for many years, always polite and efficient, nice to read things are still the same. ????

Also dealt for many a long year with this office , they have always been a good crowd. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Time to exit and obtain new non o would not come as a sudden surprise.

Agent fees to convert a Non-O to yearly extension is 10-15K. Agent fees to convert a tourist to Non-O is 10-15K. So, one can spend 20-30K/year (less than $100USD) to get a year-long entry and stay permit for Thailand. Long live the agents. 

• Like 2

I plan to "extend my stay" in Thailand (retirement) in Phitsanulok in September. Did any of you ask them to CONFIRM that the health insurance WILL NOT apply to "extensions of stay" I would appreciate hearing from somebody about Phitsanulok in particular. Though Thai Visa article says it DOES NOT AFFECT "extensions of stay", there a lot of contradictory information. I 'd like to hear it from the "horses mouth".

Edited by mhortig
wrong wording

18 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Agent fees to convert a Non-O to yearly extension is 10-15K. Agent fees to convert a tourist to Non-O is 10-15K. So, one can spend 20-30K/year (less than $100USD) to get a year-long entry and stay permit for Thailand. Long live the agents. 

Agents fine, seen as the solution at present but could at some stage be seen as part of the problem?

3 hours ago, mhortig said:

I plan to "extend my stay" in Thailand (retirement) in Phitsanulok in September. Did any of you ask them to CONFIRM that the health insurance WILL NOT apply to "extensions of stay" I would appreciate hearing from somebody about Phitsanulok in particular. Though Thai Visa article says it DOES NOT AFFECT "extensions of stay", there a lot of contradictory information. I 'd like to hear it from the "horses mouth".

What you hear from the "horses mouth" at a Thai IO one day could change the next day, or even by the next officer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mhortig said:

Says O-A visa and O-A used for ext to stay based on retirement.....

4 hours ago, mhortig said:

Every horse has a different mouth

20 hours ago, onera1961 said:

it can depend on the immigration office, but if a person runs the bank balance down below 400k and has to start over, an agent is not the only option.  one could do a border run, come back visa exempt, then visit immigration's 'change visa' desk.  your 800,000 doesn't have to be seasoned for that.  you are issued a non O that gives you 90 days.  then within the last 30 days of that entry you apply for the 12 month extension.  the change visa charge is 2,000 and the extension is 1,900.

23 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Every horse has a different mouth

Well O-A AND O-A Used for ext to stay based on retirement. That's it marriage visa and non-O extn of stay based on retirement not effected.. that's what's being stated by 2 reliable sources..

8 hours ago, jesimps said:

As it should be in that particular office and all the other immigration offices here. They're public servants who should at least put on a show of enjoying their work. Their job is clean, they get to sit for most of the time and the money along with the extras can't be too bad by local standards. Being deliberately obnoxious though seems to be the norm in many places.

I don't know. The last time I did my extension on the ground floor at the old Soi Suan Phlu shop (Bangkok), one of the officers was dealing with a young, very pregnant African woman who seemed to have a very limited grasp of either Thai or English. She was very patient and trying to be helpful. I guess that would have been around 2001 or 2002. Before the2006 coup, anyway. I don't know what happened, but from one year to the next there seemed to be a huge increase in customers and waiting times increased from at most half an hour to many hours. It got much worse after they moved to Chaeng Wattana.  I always received good treatment from the Immigration Officers, and the one I've dealt with here in Nakhon Sawan seems nice.

15 hours ago, Graviton said:

Well O-A AND O-A Used for ext to stay based on retirement. That's it marriage visa and non-O extn of stay based on retirement not effected.. that's what's being stated by 2 reliable sources..

I have not heard of a police order yet that will change the requirements for obtaining an Extension of stay to include a health insurance requirement. Since the extension is applied to the permission of stay, not really the visa, it would be surprising if the terms could change to include the type of the original Non-Imm O. It would seem more likely that the terms are dependent on the type of extension one is applying for, as they do now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have not heard of a police order yet that will change the requirements for obtaining an Extension of stay to include a health insurance requirement. Since the extension is applied to the permission of stay, not really the visa, it would be surprising if the terms could change to include the type of the original Non-Imm O. It would seem more likely that the terms are dependent on the type of extension one is applying for, as they do now. 

Was a post by Pacific cross/thai visa protect? 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I didn't say it was a visa?

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You said O-A, that is a visa unless we are discussing blood groups!

What's your issue here?

O-A visas and those who have used O-A for getting their extn to stay based on retirement have to obtain mandatory health insurance? That's what's being stated also marriage Visa's and non-0 for extension to stay based in retirement do not..

do you not follow..

if it was blood group I'm lucky just "-O" ????

2 minutes ago, Graviton said:

O-A visas and those who have used O-A for getting their extn to stay based on retirement have to obtain mandatory health insurance?

Nobody has officially stated that. The insurance will only be needed when applying for the OA visa at a embassy or consulate.