extension Phitsanulok today

3 minutes ago, Graviton said:

What's your issue here?

O-A visas and those who have used O-A for getting their extn to stay based on retirement have to obtain mandatory health insurance? That's what's being stated also marriage Visa's and non-0 for extension to stay based in retirement do not..

do you not follow..

if it was blood group I'm lucky just "-O" ????

Yes I follow, but you did not seem to follow my response. 

There have been no changes, nor mention of any proposed changes, requiring health insurance for those applying for Extensions based on 'retirement'. The requirements do not specify any variation dependent on Non-Imm O visa subcategory. 

Your source is a insurance seller I believe.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Nobody has officially stated that. The insurance will only be needed when applying for the OA visa at a embassy or consulate.

But the fear was started by saying it was for all long stay in Thailand.

I am quoting Pacific Cross/ Thai visa project....

By the way I don't have a dog in the fight.

Married non O family insurance bupa....

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I follow, but you did not seem to follow my response. 

There have been no changes, nor mention of any proposed changes, requiring health insurance for those applying for Extensions based on 'retirement'. The requirements do not specify any variation dependent on Non-Imm O visa subcategory. 

Your source is a insurance seller I believe.

Plus thai visa themselves, the only difference is the insurance guy answered a question from a guy

O-A ext of stay based on retirement saying will need mandatory insurance but the non o will not......

Doesn't effect me just trying to help.

3 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Plus thai visa themselves, the only difference is the insurance guy answered a question from a guy

O-A ext of stay based on retirement saying will need mandatory insurance but the non o will not......

Doesn't effect me just trying to help.

It might be scare-mongering unless officially announced. 

So far it is being denied on Thai Visa except in the post you cited.

Although never-say-never......

Edited by jacko45k

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Thought O-A was 1st July?

2 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Thought O-A was 1st July?

I of course meant wrt Extensions.

Not sure when the Embassies and Consulates will be introducing the extra requirement for the O-A, to bring it in line with the O-X.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So far it is being denied on Thai Visa except in the post you cited.

Here is a better question.....

Why is 800k needed to be untouched for 5/6 months and 400k can never be touched... Cannot be used for living expenses??????? Yet 65k a month can all be used? 

6 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Why is 800k needed to be untouched for 5/6 months and 400k can never be touched... Cannot be used for living expenses??????? Yet 65k a month can all be used? 

I wish I knew. I see no reason other than forcing those who  struggled but complied with the old rules into more stress, and perhaps the hands of the facilitators.  The requirements just all got a bit messy since the end of 2018.

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I wish I knew. I see no reason other than forcing those who  struggled but complied with the old rules into more stress, and perhaps the hands of the facilitators.  The requirements just all got a bit messy since the end of 2018.

Eg a normal UK pensioner with no private pension post 2008 on about 25k thai baht yet, gets by and pays his medical bills at public hospitals fine I guess. Average thai income in reality not statistics is about 10k and all manage fine......

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Your not joking....