Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 June 2019 15:41
webfact

Police suspect murder in hanging death of retired Dutch teacher

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, malcoml said:

The same that happens to a lot of guys. They all got on cheap Thai whiskey, he likely asked them to keep the noise down, then one decided it was time for him to go.

 

stay at home guys! If you want the company of a girl get a hooker, there are plenty in every village.

ha ha and you can still end up with the same fate

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, webfact said:

the couple lived separate lives in the same two story house. They had separate bedrooms and other separate areas and kept themselves to themselves. 

 

After two years of marriage? Or perhaps the couple have been seeing each other for longer, which can explain them being bored of each other but, in that case, why get married? Not saying this has anything to do with the suicide/murder - it's just an interesting observation about the relationship.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money would be on the "brother" being her Thai husband, and obviously a murder, come on !

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sweatalot said:
5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

staged suicide ? if he was murdered one would have thought that the perpetrators would have untied his hands after his death.

yes for sure - if they were intelligent enough

 

 

"if they were intelligent enough"

 

u hit the nail right on the head

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be relatively easy for competent forensic pathologists to establish whether it was suicide or not but Mr Precha should definitely be a person of interest. 

 

Sounds like he got himself into a pretty horrible situation.  Must have met a not so young bar girl in Bangkok somewhere and went to live with her in the sticks, probably putting a chunk of his retired teacher life savings into a 'luxury house' in the village into which she invites her wastrel elder brother to come and live off the largesse of the farang she netted for the family. At some point in the two years, probably quite early on, the relationship unsurprisingly goes sour and they live separate existences in the house but she constantly demands money from the Dutchman who is totally isolated in the poor village but has no funds to up sticks and start again somewhere else. He might even have still felt some type of romantic attachment to her, never having understood that that there was never any reciprocation from her side, and was possibly reluctant to leave, even if he had the money.  Then they have a bigger bust up than normal and she says she is going back to Bangkok to work the bars again.  Poor guy.  RIP.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why is the uniformed man in the photo laughing at the murder scene?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

It should be relatively easy for competent forensic pathologists to establish whether it was suicide or not but Mr Precha should definitely be a person of interest. 

 

Sounds like he got himself into a pretty horrible situation.  Must have met a not so young bar girl in Bangkok somewhere and went to live with her in the sticks, probably putting a chunk of his retired teacher life savings into a 'luxury house' in the village into which she invites her wastrel elder brother to come and live off the largesse of the farang she netted for the family. At some point in the two years, probably quite early on, the relationship unsurprisingly goes sour and they live separate existences in the house but she constantly demands money from the Dutchman who is totally isolated in the poor village but has no funds to up sticks and start again somewhere else. He might even have still felt some type of romantic attachment to her, never having understood that that there was never any reciprocation from her side, and was possibly reluctant to leave, even if he had the money.  Then they have a bigger bust up than normal and she says she is going back to Bangkok to work the bars again.  Poor guy.  RIP.

https://images.app.goo.gl/JdncA2AtELE4gvSo7

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if the police are investigating then it is most likely a real suicide...

 

Over the years a massive number of farang deaths have screamed for a closer look but were given a 5 minute investigation and laughably called a suicide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

staged suicide ? if he was murdered one would have thought that the perpetrators would have untied his hands after his death.

No , they got it from news. In BK sometime ago there was also a guy hanging with his hands tight and plastic bag over his head.

The concluded: suicide . 55555555555555555555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, outsider said:

 

After two years of marriage? Or perhaps the couple have been seeing each other for longer, which can explain them being bored of each other but, in that case, why get married? Not saying this has anything to do with the suicide/murder - it's just an interesting observation about the relationship.

 

 

I knew a couple Here in Thailand who lived the same way. He was over 60 and she was 30 years younger.

 

My wife often talked with the woman, who was bored to death about the relationship, but seemed very interested in his house.

 

Heard he signed over the house to her not long ago. So guess she is now happy and just waiting for a heart attack 😉

 

Its amazing how some couples live.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...