BANGKOK 19 June 2019 16:51
webfact

Police suspect murder in hanging death of retired Dutch teacher

25 minutes ago, NightSky said:

why is the uniformed man in the photo laughing at the murder scene?

His colleague is reporting a suicide !

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

she says she is going back to Bangkok to work the bars again.  Poor guy.  RIP.

With the pension, I guess.

I know a Thai couple, no farangs in it, they also have both their houses. Identical next to each other.

THey are married for many years, but live separately together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulbrow said:

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that it would be very difficult to: 1) tie your own hands behind your back, and 2) then hang yourself.... just saying...

It seems quite the norm in Thailand to create amazing death feats to confuse police for cause of Death. Like commiting suicide whilst hanging in a closet with both hands tied whilst attached to a cord dangling in pleasure, embracing auto erotic asphyxiation acted out by … David Carradine on vocation in Thailand. It's something in the air I think. Get to Thailand, enjoy the sights, stay on or commit Hari Kari.........albeit helped out by family members..... bombing off a balcony seems quite popular .......

The elephant in the room is why would the killer leave the zip Thais on? but its  not hard to zip tie your hands behind your back. No knots to Tie. Just push your head through the noose and jump. Maybe he wanted his wife to get set up for it...or maybe not

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Being married his wife would be eligible to receive his retirement money from The Netherlands. I would indeed check if this guy is indeed her brother, cause my first suspicion would be that he is her secret lover and they wanted to get rid of him in order to live together from his retirement money.

She might not have wanted to be directly involved in the murder, so together they might have conspired for her to go to Bangkok while he would perform the murder.

Of course this is all just speculation, but it'd be something worthwhile to look into.

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. I remember reading a long time ago that many suicides by hanging involved securing the hands. Apparently, if not, instinct kicks in and the struggle for life such that many would-be suicides would prevent their own hanging attempt.

However reading all the circumstances here, separate lives after 2 years of marriage, younger "brother" living-in; wife away; bruising to ribs - hmmm, Seems the police are right to be suspicious.

Correct about self-tying, it's far more common, quite common in self-harm completions.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Precha Jaidee,

Precha good heart. How much of the Frenchman's wealth will he spread around to get away with this crime. Never let family into the house. Never.

• Like 1