Police suspect murder in hanging death of retired Dutch teacher

webfact

18 hours ago, Tarteso said:

With the pension, I guess.

17 hours ago, wolf81 said:

Being married his wife would be eligible to receive his retirement money from The Netherlands. I would 

16 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Do you have to be married for a certain amount of time. To be eligible for his pension? I would think so

I know, from information about a widowed Thai woman

that even after many years of marriage, but no child together - the Dutch laws they -

the legally married wife of a Dutch has to live in the Netherlands to receive the deceased husbands pension. 

And in other EU countries - yes there are time restriction - of the length of the marriage - which decide the payments to a widow -

or when children - offspring had been made together and married - no time limits at all = my home country 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're are doing all the possible to let foreigners quit the country. Look at the cop laughing in front of a death farang body in the picture. The institutions also laughing at the this man's relatives talking about suicide for love.

This is NOT respect dignity, humans.

Definitely No good times for white people in the world...

21 hours ago, stevenl said:

Neither am I an expert, but: hang a rope around your neck, connect the cable tie behind your back, tighten the cable tie (lots of excess plastic so easily doable, kick away or jump from the chair you're standing on, and you're hanging there with no way to get back on.

yes looks like it could be the brother of his wife , he stayed there and knew what was going on and knew where best to hang him , its impossible to walk around the house and garden which they will have done and not spot a body swinging there in the wind , verdict the brother did it to get hold of some money from the house sale

22 hours ago, paulbrow said:

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that it would be very difficult to: 1) tie your own hands behind your back, and 2) then hang yourself.... just saying...

Actually it's not, I've seen it before on a number of occasions and it's a surefire way of not being able to change your mind when you kick the chair away!  That said, as in this case and in similar circumstances in the UK, any case such as this should always be treated as a suspicious death and investigated accordingly.

22 hours ago, khunpa said:

Heard he signed over the house to her not long ago. So guess she is now happy and just waiting for a heart attack ????

or accident, or suicide, stroke, drowning, shower electrocution, etc etc.  

Beware of Thai wife or girlfriend's family members.

Strict rule; Don't let them in to live with you. Don't lend them any money EVER. It's asking for trouble.

If you have to build a house together to give her future security, do it slowly brick by brick over many years and rent a place where you want to be most.

A village house should only cost around 1 million or less.

1 minute ago, Alan Michael said:

Beware of Thai wife or girlfriend's family members.

Strict rule; Don't let them in to live with you. Don't lend them any money EVER. It's asking for trouble.

If you have to build a house together to give her future security, do it slowly brick by brick over many years and rent a place where you want to be most.

A village house should only cost around 1 million or less.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:39 AM, Kadilo said:

Unlikely suicide I would of thought if his hands were cable tied first. Added to that bruising on his body. Poor guy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Not uncommon for foreigners who commit suicide to tie their hands together if reports from the police are anything to go by.

• 4 weeks later...

They probably forgot that he would speak Dutch with his family and sent the suicide notes in English, they probably never really heard him speak Dutch anyway ...thereby tipping off police??

This is terribly sad, he has been the teacher of my children. He taught robotics, technology and physics and was a very nice and beloved man. He always went to Thailand on vacation and went to live there after his retirement.

For the last 15 years he has built a life there, built a house, taught children there and did sports with them, a very strange story about hanging up, rest in peace, dear uncle????

(A few comments translated from a Dutch news website )

Archived