BANGKOK 19 June 2019 16:00
webfact

Police suspect murder in hanging death of retired Dutch teacher

On 28 May 2019 at 8:39 AM, Kadilo said:

Unlikely suicide I would of thought if his hands were cable tied first. Added to that bruising on his body. Poor guy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Ye, sounding like a Thai family plane and no ideas how to make it look like self done. The police will break them, the wife or brother will end up accusing each other. 

Bloody poor guy still only yourng and active. 

MYOU got to be careful here with village & city  family around. All boils down to money, money money. Yummy Yummy.

9 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

You forgot to punch yourself in the ribs...

Please read the post I responded to. I answered that post, and refrained from any form of speculation.

20 hours ago, paulbrow said:

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that it would be very difficult to: 1) tie your own hands behind your back, and 2) then hang yourself.... just saying...

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

Neither am I an expert, but: hang a rope around your neck, connect the cable tie behind your back, tighten the cable tie (lots of excess plastic so easily doable, kick away or jump from the chair you're standing on, and you're hanging there with no way to get back on.

19 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. I remember reading a long time ago that many suicides by hanging involved securing the hands. Apparently, if not, instinct kicks in and the struggle for life such that many would-be suicides would prevent their own hanging attempt.

However reading all the circumstances here, separate lives after 2 years of marriage, younger "brother" living-in; wife away; bruising to ribs - hmmm, Seems the police are right to be suspicious.

19 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Happens a fair amount if you google it. Provided you don’t have a big gut you tie your hands in front of you and then step over one leg after the other. 

19 hours ago, dotpoom said:

It would depend if they were tied in front or behind.

Either way, a very tragic story. Sometimes, now that I am at the doorstep of my 70th birthday, I look back over my life and all the things I wished had gone differently and can get a bit remorseful....then I read a story like this and it fairly quickly brings me back down to earth.

No matter how we appear to others on the outside...a lot of folk in general can be a lot worse off than ourselves ...despite appearances.

May this poor man RIP and may his family muster up the strength to cope with this tragedy.

Looking at the photo in the LINK provided - hands are not tied in the back - and a discussion about the amount of money she gets 

from Link - rough Google translation

"surrounding witnesses similarly say Both have voices about money and gold. Before the woman said Go out to find work, make money yourself And then leave the house for about 3-4 days by going to Bangkok"

18 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Sounds like he got himself into a pretty horrible situation. 

Must have met a not so young bar girl in Bangkok somewhere and went to live with her in the sticks, probably putting a chunk of his retired teacher life savings into a 'luxury house' in the village into which she invites her wastrel elder brother to come and live off the largesse of the farang she netted for the family. At some point in the two years, probably quite early on, the relationship unsurprisingly goes sour and they live separate existences in the house but she constantly demands money from the Dutchman who is totally isolated in the poor village but has no funds to up sticks and start again somewhere else. He might even have still felt some type of romantic attachment to her, never having understood that that there was never any reciprocation from her side, and was possibly reluctant to leave, 

Then they have a bigger bust up than normal and she says she is going back to Bangkok to work the bars again.  Poor guy.  RIP.

I am currently living in a similar situation

- no reciprocation of feelings - since long time - different sleeping rooms - money problems - Gf in high debt from gambling -

and she went to find new luck and money in southern red light district -

but, instead fell in love with a younger than her Polish DJ and Techno music producer without money too and now even supports him,

me sitting with our children and on top of that - my last straw of funding  I had, seems to have gone dry now also - had in first days, ( still have?) also this idea and solution - the Dutch had. 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

At least half of these photos of poor souls dead from "suicide," suicide, murder, or accident has grinning Thai "professionals" in the picture.

I'm sure you would be fired for inappropriate behavior in a civilized country for this kind of evil.

Edited by soistalker

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Tarteso said:

With the pension, I guess.

17 hours ago, wolf81 said:

Being married his wife would be eligible to receive his retirement money from The Netherlands. I would 

16 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Do you have to be married for a certain amount of time. To be eligible for his pension? I would think so

I know, from information about a widowed Thai woman

that even after many years of marriage, but no child together - the Dutch laws they -

the legally married wife of a Dutch has to live in the Netherlands to receive the deceased husbands pension. 

And in other EU countries - yes there are time restriction - of the length of the marriage - which decide the payments to a widow -

or when children - offspring had been made together and married - no time limits at all = my home country 

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

They're are doing all the possible to let foreigners quit the country. Look at the cop laughing in front of a death farang body in the picture. The institutions also laughing at the this man's relatives talking about suicide for love.

This is NOT respect dignity, humans.

Definitely No good times for white people in the world...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, stevenl said:

Neither am I an expert, but: hang a rope around your neck, connect the cable tie behind your back, tighten the cable tie (lots of excess plastic so easily doable, kick away or jump from the chair you're standing on, and you're hanging there with no way to get back on.

yes looks like it could be the brother of his wife , he stayed there and knew what was going on and knew where best to hang him , its impossible to walk around the house and garden which they will have done and not spot a body swinging there in the wind , verdict the brother did it to get hold of some money from the house sale

22 hours ago, paulbrow said:

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that it would be very difficult to: 1) tie your own hands behind your back, and 2) then hang yourself.... just saying...

Actually it's not, I've seen it before on a number of occasions and it's a surefire way of not being able to change your mind when you kick the chair away!  That said, as in this case and in similar circumstances in the UK, any case such as this should always be treated as a suspicious death and investigated accordingly.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, khunpa said:

Heard he signed over the house to her not long ago. So guess she is now happy and just waiting for a heart attack 😉

or accident, or suicide, stroke, drowning, shower electrocution, etc etc.  

Edited by atyclb

Beware of Thai wife or girlfriend's family members.

Strict rule; Don't let them in to live with you. Don't lend them any money EVER. It's asking for trouble.

If you have to build a house together to give her future security, do it slowly brick by brick over many years and rent a place where you want to be most.

A village house should only cost around 1 million or less.

1 minute ago, Alan Michael said:

Beware of Thai wife or girlfriend's family members.

Strict rule; Don't let them in to live with you. Don't lend them any money EVER. It's asking for trouble.

If you have to build a house together to give her future security, do it slowly brick by brick over many years and rent a place where you want to be most.

A village house should only cost around 1 million or less.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, soalbundy said:

staged suicide ? if he was murdered one would have thought that the perpetrators would have untied his hands after his death.

Not smart enough

On 5/28/2019 at 8:39 AM, Kadilo said:

Unlikely suicide I would of thought if his hands were cable tied first. Added to that bruising on his body. Poor guy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Not uncommon for foreigners who commit suicide to tie their hands together if reports from the police are anything to go by.

Suicide a little over the top if his hands were tied with cable ties.the family are the ones that should be answering what happened.wonder if the police will do anything