Best Burger? Mine.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This should be the 'rate my burger' thread - but we need a photo of the finished product!

Sauteing in melted butter and finished in the oven after this step.

bur1.jpg

Actually what I like is the Pansonic MK-K51P.  It's a heavy glass bowl and cuts.grinds meat better than a conventional grinder.  It has a scalloped and sawtooth blade that is great.  Makes making burgers or sausage really easy.  And it's small not taking up too much room in my kitchen. 

Having kids have been making burgers for years. Minced pork or beef or combine the two, paprika, mixed herbs and flour....can add chilli or anything you want, far better and far far cheaper

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Having kids have been making burgers for years. Minced pork or beef or combine the two, paprika, mixed herbs and flour....can add chilli or anything you want, far better and far far cheaper

It's cheaper if you like mixed pork and beef with seasonings to cover the flavor of the meat.  If however you like corn fed beef it's not better. 

I definitely would have trimmed a bit of that fat off, and cooked on my BBQ, looks pretty damn good though!

Where I live getting a half-decent bun is even harder than getting good quality beef.

6 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I definitely would have trimmed a bit of that fat off, and cooked on my BBQ, looks pretty damn good though!

Where I live getting a half-decent bun is even harder than getting good quality beef.

I make the buns using a Japanese milk bread recipe with a couple of tablespoons of rye flour added  and less sugar to the bread flour. 

Archived