Thai Elite Visa Application Rejected for Accidental 2 Day Overstay?

Eh? I just showed them significantly more than this for my new Non O/A last month.

Since joining the dots clearly isn't your forte, let me help you a bit. The visa you're staunchly defending (having thrown away the cost of a new car on it) is currently more fraught with TM-prefixed red tape than any visa class in the past. I used to get triple entry back to back tourist visas (and prior to that Non O/As on basis of friends/ family) for many years, and largely felt like a VIP in my occasional dealings with immigration in comparison with border runners - hence my comment about the Elite not looking quite so elite anymore.
But we cannot get non o visas.

We are too young and not married, there's no alternative.

There's stuff like iglu and setting up a company yourself but that works out significantly more expensive and thus doesn't make sense. The only bonus you have there is you can get theoretically a PR after paying income tax for 3 years at least. But my friends PRs all got declined recently so i wouldn't count at that anyway...

So what can we do except pay them? Right... Not much.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:19 AM, dcnx said:

You’re not the first to get denied over an overstay recently. There are a few people claiming the same here and on Facebook.

It was only a matter of time before they came for the Elite visa. Hopefully it stops at overstays and they continue to honor the visa. But the junta is going to junta so flip a coin.

Has nothing to do w/ the "junta". It's an old rule.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

Thank you for all the helpful answers.

Can anyone please tell me which is the actual website to apply?

When you Google "Thailand elite visa application" several websites come up such as:

thailandelite.com

thai-elite.com

Both seem to offer an application process. Are these the same? Is one better than the other?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Has nothing to do w/ the "junta". It's an old rule.

It has everything to do with them. Previous administrations never considereded it necessary to enforce this rule. And if you think immigration operates independently of the government, don't forget the boss who presided over many of these recent changes was BFF with the deputy PM. 

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Totally unrelated, if u think different rules apply to you because of an elite viss you are just a nutter. 

Maybe, didn't someone on an Elite just get fined 5000 instead of the customary 2000 baht? They figured he could afford it?

Edited by jacko45k

Maybe, didn't someone on an Elite just get fined 5000 instead of the customary 2000 baht? They figured he could afford it?

You know exactly that they just make shit up without a receipt and it's all just to fill their wallets.

No need for an elite visa to show them u have 5k baht if you life in a 50k baht/month condo...

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds like this is no where near Elite enough!

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Just make sure you do not hand over any money until your visa is approved, and even then, double check.

Sometimes applications for a particular thing state no refunds allowed upon denial of application.

Harsh for sure.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 1:23 PM, The Fat Controller said:

With all the technology available along with the traditional methods such as a diary or a piece of paper and a pen, there is no excuse for an "accidental" overstay !

silly comment 

22 hours ago, hansnl said:
20 hours ago, madmen said:

Malaysia....

Boring S/hole only good for visa runs , thank god I hit 50 and dont need to leave Thailand.

Is that joke? Malaysia is very developed. Sounds like you just went to the cheapest backpacker area to save money on your visa run. 

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

Is that joke? Malaysia is very developed. Sounds like you just went to the cheapest backpacker area to save money on your visa run. 

I would not call it very developed. Yes it’s cleaner and more organised than Thailand, but it is somewhat boring and limited. Can not comment on KL but Penang is 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update this thread. I have since re-applied for the Thai Elite visa online and it was approved in around 2.5 weeks.

After reading countless replies on this forum though it seems like it is still ultimately at the discretion of the immigration officer who actually puts the Elite visa in my passport.

There is a clearly marked recent 2 day overstay in my passport. My only one in 7+ years living here, but it is there nonetheless.

I have to make the payment BEFORE I go to immigration though and as far as I can tell the Thai Elite visa program has no refund policy.

Has anybody actually been rejected by an immigration officer for a short overstay like this after being given online approval?

• Like 1

Just wanted to update this thread. I have since re-applied for the Thai Elite visa online and it was approved in around 2.5 weeks.

After reading countless replies on this forum though it seems like it is still ultimately at the discretion of the immigration officer who actually puts the Elite visa in my passport.

There is a clearly marked recent 2 day overstay in my passport. My only one in 7+ years living here, but it is there nonetheless.

I have to make the payment BEFORE I go to immigration though and as far as I can tell the Thai Elite visa program has no refund policy.

Has anybody actually been rejected by an immigration officer for a short overstay like this after being given online approval?
No report of rejection at immigration afaik.
Also very unlikely as the terms of service clearly states you can have an overstay. But just one.

They just do that to make sure they aren't liable imo.

12 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No report of rejection at immigration afaik.
Also very unlikely as the terms of service clearly states you can have an overstay. But just one.

They just do that to make sure they aren't liable imo.

Thanks for the reply.

Come to think of it I believe I actually had another 15 minute overstay 3 years ago. Flight to Seoul left at 12:15am. No fine but I believe it was logged.

So I technically may have 2 overstays on my record.

Gamble 16k USD that that isn't a problem for some random immigration officer at CW? ????