Some thing that I can wash my dogs outdoors kennel concrete floor

I treat my 2 dogs with several anti tick products , but I am now looking for some thing to safely wash down my dogs outdoors kennel concrete floor on a regular basis , that will kill / prevent any tics or parasites . 

Can any one please suggest some thing that would not harm the dogs but I can use often.

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cooked - Thanks for the comment :thumbsup: 

A relative of my wife recently passed away and the dog they had owned for many years was destined to be taken to the local wat and abandoned there . So I decided to adopt the animal and give it a good home.

As the dog is fairly large 20 kg + and had spent all of its life living out side of the previous owners house we decided to build it an outdoors kennel , the kennel has a concrete floor and walls but is well ventilated and out of direct sunshine. 

I have purchased a pressure washer and now need some thing to kill and reduce ticks in a kennel .

It seems that there are many products / chemicals that people use for the same purpose .

The following seem popular 

Permedan 

Chaindrite

Bayticol

It looks like Chaindrite may be the most economical option , as of yet Ive not found a local supplier for the Permedan .

As a side note I am treating the dog with En-Dex  P 12,000 

En-DEX.jpg

Permedan..jpg

Chaindrite.jpg

3 hours ago, Whip Me Granny said:

cooked - Thanks for the comment :thumbsup: 

A relative of my wife recently passed away and the dog they had owned for many years was destined to be taken to the local wat and abandoned there . So I decided to adopt the animal and give it a good home.

As the dog is fairly large 20 kg + and had spent all of its life living out side of the previous owners house we decided to build it an outdoors kennel , the kennel has a concrete floor and walls but is well ventilated and out of direct sunshine. 

I have purchased a pressure washer and now need some thing to kill and reduce ticks in a kennel .

It seems that there are many products / chemicals that people use for the same purpose .

The following seem popular 

Permedan 

Chaindrite

Bayticol

It looks like Chaindrite may be the most economical option , as of yet Ive not found a local supplier for the Permedan .

As a side note I am treating the dog with En-Dex  P 12,000 

En-DEX.jpg

Permedan..jpg

Chaindrite.jpg

Can I ask where you got the en-dex

Concrete IMHO does not harbor ticks. Blankets or bedding straw do.

I prefer to administer a 100 baht medication to the back of my dog's neck once a month. He has been tick and flea free since we started doing that. He used to get the parasites from other neighborhood dogs.

# cooked: do you really clean your dogs with a pressure sprayer? what brand?

about ticks: in previous years our dogs were injected against ticks every month during the rainy seasons. Last year the vet recommended bravecto. One tablet was sufficient for the whole rainy season. No tick seen and the dogs happy as always. This year I am not sure they will get it again because now we have gold fish in our pond and the dogs like to swim there. I am afraid the chemical could harm the fish and I am not sure if the vet can really answer that question.

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

about ticks: in previous years our dogs were injected against ticks every month during the rainy seasons. Last year the vet recommended bravecto. One tablet was sufficient for the whole rainy season. No tick seen and the dogs happy as always. This year I am not sure they will get it again because now we have gold fish in our pond and the dogs like to swim there. I am afraid the chemical could harm the fish and I am not sure if the vet can really answer that question.

Depends on the volume of water in the pond. Dilution is a wonderful solution to pollution, used by engineers worldwide.

We Sprayed C1  around all the buildings, it got them under control

Can get it from the lady at Soi Bukhao market (Tues & Fri) 60 Baht

Having said that, for the past year we have treated our dogs with NexGuard monthly.....not cheap.....but have not seen a tick anywhere.......and no longer need to spray

On 6/23/2019 at 6:06 PM, Lacessit said:

Concrete IMHO does not harbor ticks. Blankets or bedding straw do.

I prefer to administer a 100 baht medication to the back of my dog's neck once a month. He has been tick and flea free since we started doing that. He used to get the parasites from other neighborhood dogs.

Thanks for the info , can I ask what the 100 Baht medication is called ?

On 6/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, sweatalot said:

bravecto - Thanks for that :thumbsup:

On 6/23/2019 at 10:01 PM, DD13 said:

We Sprayed C1  around all the buildings, it got them under control

Can get it from the lady at Soi Bukhao market (Tues & Fri) 60 Baht

Having said that, for the past year we have treated our dogs with NexGuard monthly.....not cheap.....but have not seen a tick anywhere.......and no longer need to spray

I can't seem to find any info on the C1 , could you please let me have a bit more info ( photo if possible ) - Thanks :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay

It's a simple orange carton printed C-1 for animal & plant   60ml

the instructions inside are in Thai    Basically mix it in water

there is a tel. Number on the instructions 02-2213671

I will try to download a photo

B60 from the lady in Soi Bukhao market located at the market  end of the walk through opposite Friendship S/Mkt

Archived