Frenchman arrested for running unlicensed hotel on Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, BestB said:

Villa’s are being raided as well. Few cases in Pattaya also made news. 

Last year during raids , there were 2 posters who tried to get legal under the 5/20 and were denied 

But what anyone does is their choice , only sharing what I know and have been through and unlike most if not all posting , no one has been through courts and jail for the very same matter , only referring to links .

i have been through all, including being locked up , so I would trust a judge and his discretion over posters with links 

yeah you need an exemption certificate from the amphur and also report ur daily rentals to the hotel registrar still, they will also visit your building and "check" it, expect a nice meal in return for everyone.

Often they refuse to issue it, because why would they without tmoney?

Amazing Thailand. Also it's for sure different locally, interpreted at will.

We have already changed our plans, less money for thailand... that's what they want. I agree it's not worth it currently.

How long was he running the hotel,which thai person did he upset to be grassed up.surely the police or immigration must have known something.lots of questions on why he was caught and why he did not have the right Visa.surely a proper Visa would not have being hard to get if  he  had the business and premises

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

yeah you need an exemption certificate from the amphur and also report ur daily rentals to the hotel registrar still, they will also visit your building and "check" it, expect a nice meal in return for everyone.

Often they refuse to issue it, because why would they without tmoney?

Amazing Thailand. Also it's for sure different locally, interpreted at will.

We have already changed our plans, less money for thailand... that's what they want. I agree it's not worth it currently.

You got it there, need an exemption order which no one can get no matter how much you “ donate”

the reason why you can not get it but they do not tell you is because this orders do not exist in real life, only ok the paper. 

there is not a single person who has one.

on top of that to qualify , there are other requirements such as must be thai owned and operated 

so in other words all those renting villa’s and believe 5/20 is totally legal is actually not, without the exemption order ????

You got it there, need an exemption order which no one can get no matter how much you “ donate”

the reason why you can not get it but they do not tell you is because this orders do not exist in real life, only ok the paper. 

there is not a single person who has one.

on top of that to qualify , there are other requirements such as must be thai owned and operated 

so in other words all those renting villa’s and believe 5/20 is totally legal is actually not, without the exemption order [emoji6]

I saw them in person, they exist - doesn't matter if farrang or not.

But not in these shokes like samui, pattaya and co.

Do it in a sane place and youq got good chances to get it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

On 5/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, dendijk said:

well that ain't gonna happen.

Any Thai scumbag arreseted for the most innocuous indiscretion has a balaclava on so he can go right back to his chosen scam, but foreigner has his mug plastered all over the net. In fact all those arrested should be shown to the public.

Archived