BANGKOK
JohnnyBKK

Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

He got a receipt he told me. He stayed in Krabi for 1 night and came back to Bangkok, so in the system he changed his address without reporting.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he get receipt for the fine. I think not.

The 5,000 baht is the maximum fine is for not reporting a change of address or staying in another province for more than 24 hours (TM28 form). That report cannot be done online.

The max fine for an individual not doing a TM30 report is 2000 baht. It is possible to do online after registering for the reporting.

Why not- I am able to do it (in place of my landlord) and do so on a regular basis when I return from other parts of the country. Phuket Imm has never queried it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Well, if checked by an officer you will be arrested and if you don't pay the fine you will be taken.

I report to immigration in Jomtien, I have done for the last 8 years of living here, I did my 90 days last month and report again in August, I have the piece of paper in my passport that says I need to report my address again on such & such a date in August, how am I going to be arrested ??

• Like 1