Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did he get receipt for the fine. I think not.

The 5,000 baht is the maximum fine is for not reporting a change of address or staying in another province for more than 24 hours (TM28 form). That report cannot be done online.

The max fine for an individual not doing a TM30 report is 2000 baht. It is possible to do online after registering for the reporting.

Why not- I am able to do it (in place of my landlord) and do so on a regular basis when I return from other parts of the country. Phuket Imm has never queried it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Well, if checked by an officer you will be arrested and if you don't pay the fine you will be taken.

I report to immigration in Jomtien, I have done for the last 8 years of living here, I did my 90 days last month and report again in August, I have the piece of paper in my passport that says I need to report my address again on such & such a date in August, how am I going to be arrested ??

• Like 1

There was a raid yesterday a C Ekkamai Condos, Chinese-operated AirBnB knock-off. Not sure which news sources are acceptable to link. Easily found.

No mention of arrests.

"Seven people, including one foreigner and several room owners, were fined for various code and immigration offenses."

50 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

My friend who is staying in Asoke got arrested yesterday because he didn't report his address.

So was he really arrested? Or did he pay the baksheesh?

I'd probably try to negotiate the "tip" down from 5,000, maybe offer 1,500-ish?

Edited by mtls2005

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I report to immigration in Jomtien, I have done for the last 8 years of living here, I did my 90 days last month and report again in August, I have the piece of paper in my passport that says I need to report my address again on such & such a date in August, how am I going to be arrested ??

Maybe if you take a break somewhere else but don’t inform them?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Isn't the maximum fine 2000baht for neglecting to file the TM30 report?

there isn't a fixed fee, it all depends on the officer in charge and also the time of the day, dinner time always more expensive 555

From what I understand this happened now and in the past only in Bangkok or has anybody information about that happening in other provinces?

When I moved into my condo in Chiang Mai about three years ago I reported my address with the staff and with their receipt at immigration. I got a receipt attached in my passport. Every time I return from abroad I go to update this small receipt which has so many date stamps on it now.

I have been curious whether I have to update my address with the condo staff too after a new visa and leaving the country, but the staff always told me once was enough.  Not sure whether that is correct, but I never had a problem with extensions/90 days.

Updating the date-stamp on the receipt in my passport, I understand this has to be done within 24hours which is impractical on a weekend or when I come back after a very long flight. The ED visa school told me within one week in CM province is accepted, mostly I do it within 3-7 days after arrival and it was always fine.

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

and that's why they created the ""non sense"" rules to piss us off or kick us out, they don't need/want us, putting it in better words, we are UNDESIRABLE and Unwelcome

There are easier ways to accomplish this, but maybe without the inherent full-employment, and fee generation income, aspects?

I thought it was a TM28 for reporting while travelling in Thailand,

TM30 for when you enter Thailand, yes I know the don't seem to

bother with TM28's,5000 THB fine !!, it is supposed to be 1900 THB,

less in other areas,this is what happens when Big Joke gets the sack,

at least you had a face to make a complaint to

regards worgeordie

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, cerox said:

From what I understand this happened now and in the past only in Bangkok or has anybody information about that happening in other provinces?

When I moved into my condo in Chiang Mai about three years ago I reported my address with the staff and with their receipt at immigration. I got a receipt attached in my passport. Every time I return from abroad I go to update this small receipt which has so many date stamps on it now.

I have been curious whether I have to update my address with the condo staff too after a new visa and leaving the country, but the staff always told me once was enough.  Not sure whether that is correct, but I never had a problem with extensions/90 days.

Updating the date-stamp on the receipt in my passport, I understand this has to be done within 24hours which is impractical on a weekend or when I come back after a very long flight. The ED visa school told me within one week in CM province is accepted, mostly I do it within 3-7 days after arrival and it was always fine.

The answer to all the above is sort of maybe, but some conditions may apply.

• Haha 1