Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me neither, not been to immigration for over 4 years, can't stand their BS.

If I do ever need a new DL, I'll stay at a hotel for a week/month before getting the CofR.

Plenty of 5,000bht/month places in CM.

Don't forget to submit a TM28 within 24 hours of checking in. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I have lived in this house for 5 years or more, I have been to many places within Thailand during that period and have also been to Singapore and back by train through Malaysia and have never ever reported back to immigration on my return to my registered address, never been a problem when renewing my extension or 90 day reporting.

me too, for longer and been on multiple trips every year, I wonder what will happen when its visa time this year

me too, for longer and been on multiple trips every year, I wonder what will happen when its visa time this year
They may well demand that the owner turns up in person to file the TM 30. This is just trying to make life difficult for the foreigner. Pushing them into the hands of the agents

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with some on here. And as for myself after i study and get a degree at stanford international university i will be leaving Thailand and not sure if be coming back. That depends on thailand and how they act between now and then. As ill put up with this shit until i get my college degree. But after that no more. As there is becoming no feeling of happy only constant questioning if breaking a law or a created law by the specific officer or immigration and nothing we can do about it. How can i relax and enjoy life when made to feek like i have to watch my back 24/7. Before all this kept getting worse i was going to get my thai citizenship well earn my way into it. But with all the stuff going on. Is being a thai citizen really any easier of a life here. Thailand really dose not feel like its worth it anymore except for a visit at best. 

• Like 2

Immigration police raided my Bangkok condo the other week. Illegal renters that hadn't been registered with Immigration were fined 2000 baht.  Owners doing the illegal rentals were also fined.
Who are illegal renters? I rent a condo, I sign a lease, I get copies of the I'd or passport of the owner, I verify the owner of the condo in juristic office, agent gives me a duly signed TM30. That is the end of the store. How can one be an illegal renters?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, onera1961 said:

Who are illegal renters? I rent a condo, I sign a lease, I get copies of the I'd or passport of the owner, I verify the owner of the condo in juristic office, agent gives me a duly signed TM30. That is the end of the store. How can one be an illegal renters?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hard to believe you are, apparently, unaware of the huge illegal daily renter problem.  Condo rentals of less than a month are illegal in Thailand.  The raid I mentioned was by Immigration Police.  They found owners doing illegal daily rentals and they were fined.  The illegal renters, who the landlords had not reported their location to Immigration, were also fined.

• Like 2

On May 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM, djayz said:

Let me get this straight. I'm living, and registered, at an address in Bangkok. But, for 2 / 3 nights a week I stay at my wife's house in Korat. Does this mean she (or I) have to register me as staying in Korat 2 nights a week?!?!

I'm here on a Non-Imm O visa BTW. 

I would not bother unless your wife lives next door to Immigration in Korat.....555. Nobody knows you are moving backwards and forwards between the two places.

• Like 1

I would not bother unless your wife lives next door to Immigration in Korat.....555. Nobody knows you are moving backwards and forwards between the two places.
I agree. But, according to the rules, you should file a TM30 twice a week. I was told to do that by immigration

3 hours ago, Toany said:

But, according to the rules, you should file a TM30 twice a week. I was told to do that by immigration

Unless your were staying someplace that reported you when you were at your 2nd residence immigration would not know about those stays.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brian2f2f said:

I agree with some on here. And as for myself after i study and get a degree at stanford international university i will be leaving Thailand and not sure if be coming back. That depends on thailand and how they act between now and then. As ill put up with this shit until i get my college degree. But after that no more. As there is becoming no feeling of happy only constant questioning if breaking a law or a created law by the specific officer or immigration and nothing we can do about it. How can i relax and enjoy life when made to feek like i have to watch my back 24/7. Before all this kept getting worse i was going to get my thai citizenship well earn my way into it. But with all the stuff going on. Is being a thai citizen really any easier of a life here. Thailand really dose not feel like its worth it anymore except for a visit at best. 

Stamford - hope you're not anticipating a degree from Stanford! Yes, there's a lot to be said for waiting for things to get clearer, and postponing any avoidable immigration matters until they do. The shift in policy to enforce TM30 compliance in Bangkok only really kicked in late April, so at less than six weeks old they've barely scratched the surface of the huge numbers of people that'd be affected by it, most of whom presumably still have no idea of the requirement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Stamford - hope you're not anticipating a degree from Stanford! Yes, there's a lot to be said for waiting for things to get clearer, and postponing any avoidable immigration matters until they do. The shift in policy to enforce TM30 compliance in Bangkok only really kicked in late April, so at less than six weeks old they've barely scratched the surface of the huge numbers of people that'd be affected by it, most of whom presumably still have no idea of the requirement.

Why say that about Stamford is there something I don't know about the university? Is it like another abac but in another way instead of scamming by always demanding more money or no grades and so on. 

Why say that about Stamford is there something I don't know about the university? Is it like another abac but in another way instead of scamming by always demanding more money or no grades and so on. 
You wrote staNford in your original post - with n - hence his comment not to expect a stanford degree.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

have to say some companies - Thai companies mainly- notified their staff, for others you would really have to find out for yourself, I only heard from one of those above but will wait to see where everything falls at the end of the day

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

You wrote staNford in your original post - with n - hence his comment not to expect a stanford degree.

Didn't even catch that. I really hate my p20 lite and be so happy once i get my s10. The touch screen and so on on this one sucks. 

Just illustrates what a spectacular waste of money the Thai Elite visa is [emoji846]
I hear that those on Thai Elite still have to do TM 30

• Like 1

Seems to get "ignored" for now, got my 90day rep 

The trouble is that you never know what immigration will do. There does not seem to be any set way that rules are applied. Each day can be different.

9 minutes ago, Toany said:

The trouble is that you never know what immigration will do. There does not seem to be any set way that rules are applied. Each day can be different.

Fully aware, was simply stating personal experience.

We are about to acquire property in Lisbon currently.

My money has wheels too.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 2:14 PM, AlexRich said:

When I visit Thailand, on my return home I usually book a room at the airport the night before flying, do I need to report that to immigration?

if the answer is yes I’ll give Thailand a miss in the future.

By law, yes. But only a problem, if you don't do it, and some corrupt cops show up where you're staying.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:30 PM, mngmn said:

Just illustrates what a spectacular waste of money the Thai Elite visa is ????

First they fleece you getting this expensive visa, then they fleece you once more for not reporting your whereabouts. No-one's safe...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 6/11/2019 at 10:48 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

Seems to get "ignored" for now, got my 90day rep

Did my visa extension at Jomtien yesterday. Travelled to the UK in April and have made a number of triips outside the province this year. Never completed a TM 30 in my time here and wasn't mentioned yesterday.

This thread is very long so I'm quite far away from the original post.

What happens if anything when you are not reported by your accommodation host and then return to your place of residence and report?

This will happen next week. I'd like to be prepared.

Please quote me so I'm notified. Thank you!!!