Friend got arrested and had to pay a fine of 5000 THB

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you have the landlords details and copy of blue book, you could register on his/her behalf. You get a username and password, log in and report yourself.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Do you know if more than one person can be registered, i.e. the actual owner and me? 

Just now, AAArdvark said:

Do you know if more than one person can be registered, i.e. the actual owner and me? 

Not possible, you would have to ask him for his login data... 

The system is complete absolute IT junk, i could set them up something better while taking a dump

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

same same, not possible and also not our responsibility... ill just ignore their crap

not our responsibility, but who gets fined?  and still need the info to fill out the form at immigration when you need any other service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

not our responsibility, but who gets fined?  and still need the info to fill out the form at immigration when you need any other service.

yeah we get fined of course, it's nothing than black...... give moneys or don't get service...amazing

10 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Probably not as the initial registration is for the property in the system. If you think the owner has already registered ask him for the login details.

Its only just become available for condos etc in the last couple of months, and not widely known, so a good chance the landlord isnt registered.

That why I suggested registering on his behalf, you would be doing him a favor, pass on the login when you leave.

Edited by Peterw42

6 hours ago, LongTang said:

No sane man will come to a place where reporting on every move is required by law..

The thing is, there is no shortage of sexpats and cheap charlies looking for cheaper rent than in their own countries. Personally I think Thailand is already a country to stay away from for many reasons.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

So long as you can get hold of the blue book you can register to use the system and report on-line

Question for those who have been successful with online TM30 registration:

Do you have to wait until your registration has been approved before you can create a username and password?

I'm able to check the status of my pending registration by logging into "check status" with my landlord's ID and my email address, but I can't log in from the start page as I was never asked to create a username and password during the registration process.

Also, I noticed my registration was assigned to Division 2 by default (there was no option to change this) even though I report to Division 1 at CW. Is that normal?

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

If you have the landlords details and copy of blue book, you could register on his/her behalf. You get a username and password, log in and report yourself.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

could you explain what is needed, please?  my girlfriend is not much help in these complicated matters.

girlfriend is renting an apartment, she's in a blue book in another province.  she was stamped as the housemaster at one time after her parents died, but then transferred to her sister so sister could get a loan using house as collateral.

our apartment (and another dozen or so in the same building) is owned by a lady that may (or may not?) live in another province.  anyhoo, the owner won't be listed in the blue book, right?  would there even be a blue book for a rental property?  in that case, what sort of document would we need from the landlord to show ownership?

****oh, and is a power of attorney required????

Edited by ChouDoufu

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

could you explain what is needed, please?  my girlfriend is not much help in these complicated matters.

girlfriend is renting an apartment, she's in a blue book in another province.  she was stamped as the housemaster at one time after her parents died, but then transferred to her sister so sister could get a loan using house as collateral.

our apartment (and another dozen or so in the same building) is owned by a lady that may (or may not?) live in another province.  anyhoo, the owner won't be listed in the blue book, right?  would there even be a blue book for a rental property?  in that case, what sort of document would we need from the landlord to show ownership?

Go to the website and have a look most of it is in English. Basically they want a number from the blue book and a copy sent. 

If the apartment is a Condominium then yes a blue book would exist for each condo. If the building is an older style apartment block then one person owns the whole block so only one blue book.

23 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Question for those who have been successful with online TM30 registration:

Do you have to wait until your registration has been approved before you can create a username and password?

I'm able to check the status of my pending registration by logging into "check status" with my landlord's ID and my email address, but I can't log in from the start page as I was never asked to create a username and password during the registration process.

Also, I noticed my registration was assigned to Division 2 by default (there was no option to change this) even though I report to Division 1 at CW. Is that normal?

After the registration is approved they will send you a username and password. Takes a week or so.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Go to the website and have a look most of it is in English. Basically they want a number from the blue book and a copy sent. 

If the apartment is a Condominium then yes a blue book would exist for each condo. If the building is an older style apartment block then one person owns the whole block so only one blue book.

i'm trying to get this done while in china (girlfriend with), prepare for return next month.  our bangkok apartment is an older 16-floor highrise, multiple owners.  our landlord owns a block of rooms on various floors.

there is a management office downstairs, mostly handles utilities and mail sorting.

her friend in same building (same landlord) will also need to start getting these forms done.  will get the friend to see if management office knows what to do.  i expect not, but they may be able to fill out the forms for us if we can explain what is needed.

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm trying to get this done while in china (girlfriend with), prepare for return next month.  our bangkok apartment is an older 16-floor highrise, multiple owners.  our landlord owns a block of rooms on various floors.

there is a management office downstairs, mostly handles utilities and mail sorting.

her friend in same building (same landlord) will also need to start getting these forms done.  will get the friend to see if management office knows what to do.  i expect not, but they may be able to fill out the forms for us if we can explain what is needed.

Some apartment blocks and condo blocks are set-up to do TM30s. You may be able to get the office to register the whole building and do reports. Or if you can get hold of the condo blue book you can register just that condo and then report online.

once we get the vpn fired up, girlfriend can facebook with her friend and explain what we need.  would be nice if the management office can register the whole building.  hope the friend can convince them to take on the additional work.

would like them to get started now and maybe be registered by the time i return.  if not, at least we can prepare package to mail in to CW.

will have to bring back a nice gift for the office lady when we return....

Edited by ChouDoufu

once we get the vpn fired up, girlfriend can facebook with her friend and explain what we need.  would be nice if the management office can register the whole building.  hope the friend can convince them to take on the additional work.

will have to bring back a nice gift for the office lady when we return....
This is Thailand. I'm sure they will charge for the service. I know some Condos do.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i don't care if they want to charge a fee.

beats having to pay the 800 baht fine after standing in line for two hours after spending three hours to get to CW....before being sent home for not having (insert random demand here).
Somebody will milk the moneycow. You sometimes have a choice of who does the milking

7 hours ago, cerox said:

Every time I return from abroad I go to update this small receipt which has so many date stamps on it now.

Updating the date-stamp on the receipt in my passport, I understand this has to be done within 24hours which is impractical on a weekend

FYI: now they give a new small receipt each time, with one date stamp only. And the TM30 desk is now open also on weekends.

(as you said, it's still a pain to do it after a long trip and I also heard of no fines for a few days' delay)

• Like 1

this becomes quite funny;

each time you stay at another adres, a: a TM30 needs to be reported and a TM28 if the new adres is in another province.
If you travel outside the country a new TM6 form and the above TM28 + TM30

Each time that you have a new TM6 form you can not file online a 90 day report without a first visit to the Imm office.

Each time you had a TM30 filed at some other adres, you are required to file a new TM28 and a TM30 if you return to your home adres or place to stay. It seems that the TM30 resets the computers adres registration...
Even in case an Alien / tourist has a new TM6 in his passport, he is required to go to Imm and file an TM28 upon arrival on his adress (within 24 Hrs)

Oh yeah, some officers found this to be the new cash cow.... more and more this will be enforced... ( see all postings and news bulletins about reasons for arrest)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, djayz said:

Tell me which country is perfect, and I'll book my ticket tonight. 

No country is "perfect". Just some countries are better than other countries. Having to do these reports every 90 days and checking in for a holiday in the SAME COUNTRY is ridiculous. You must be stuck in some deep doo doo and I have empathy for you.

• Like 1

If I stay at my girlfriends for 5 weeks do I need to go to Nong Khai immigration to report I’m staying there

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
The rules say you do. It is up to you if you follow the rules.
You have no way of being sure if the immigration officer will apply the rules or not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kritsana77 said:

No country is "perfect". Just some countries are better than other countries. Having to do these reports every 90 days and checking in for a holiday in the SAME COUNTRY is ridiculous. You must be stuck in some deep doo doo and I have empathy for you.

I'm not stuck in anything. Not every expat is here for that reason. Don't need or want empathy from a mommy's boy living in a glasshouse. 

39 minutes ago, Ratt Thai said:

this becomes quite funny;

each time you stay at another adres, a: a TM30 needs to be reported and a TM28 if the new adres is in another province.
If you travel outside the country a new TM6 form and the above TM28 + TM30

Each time that you have a new TM6 form you can not file online a 90 day report without a first visit to the Imm office.

Each time you had a TM30 filed at some other adres, you are required to file a new TM28 and a TM30 if you return to your home adres or place to stay. It seems that the TM30 resets the computers adres registration...
Even in case an Alien / tourist has a new TM6 in his passport, he is required to go to Imm and file an TM28 upon arrival on his adress (within 24 Hrs)

Oh yeah, some officers found this to be the new cash cow.... more and more this will be enforced... ( see all postings and news bulletins about reasons for arrest)

Umm think your over thinking it. In reality a tm30 would not be required for travel within los. Even returning from trip outside los in many imm offices they are not interested in tm30. The tm28 is different. If you are changing where you live then you will need a tm28 and 30. 

As for last part of your post. "Reasons for arrest"

Arrest for what? Arrest by who. 

45 minutes ago, djayz said:

I'm not stuck in anything. Not every expat is here for that reason. Don't need or want empathy from a mommy's boy living in a glasshouse. 

You sound like a wonderful person. Please register with the government when you want to go on a holiday or every 90 days. Your choice. or is it?